• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

To get it back on track. I think when Harbaugh is fired and Flacco is traded... Marty is going too, I don't buy into the BS that he is "integral to Lamar's development" when Marty seldom uses him correctly anyways. I think Roman and Urban are the only two members of the staff that need to be retained. Urban for obvious reason but Roman because of what we've done on oline. Orlando Brown and Bradley Bozeman are absolutely atrocious fits in zone schemes. A lot of the coaches on the market that are offensive guys are zone running guys. Not to mention... Roman is kind of the perfect OC for Lamar. Lamar heavily attacks the middle of the field and loves using TEs and RBs in the passing attack. Roman was kind of great at that when he was an OC.

Lamar, if we fix this oline, next season could be an absolute nightmare for opposing DCs to deal with. His mechanics have improved tenfold and he had a lot of franchise QB traits to begin with. He needs more tweaking but the tools are there.
It’s reslly hard to predict who will stay on when Harbaugh is gone. A new HC will be a new regime. It will all come down to that guy his style and the coaches with whom he has connections.

we'll know for definite by the time practice reports start coming out and if not we'll know by the time we get the injury designations - if he's doubtful or out then he's not playing, if he's questionable or better he's likely starting
I think we’ll know that Flacco is starting if he’s practicing fully before the end of the week. If not then - for example he only has limited practice on Friday - I think we’ll work it such that it will end up being a game time decision.

I’ll lose my mind if Flacco is questionable, starts, looks bad and we lose this game. A part of me just wants us to use this opportunity to just go with Lamar.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
It’s reslly hard to predict who will stay on when Harbaugh is gone. A new HC will be a new regime. It will all come down to that guy his style and the coaches with whom he has connections.
DeCosta will want to put his own stamp on this team and bring in his own guys.

DeCosta will want to put his own stamp on this team and bring in his own guys.
Hmmm that’s not the model we used in the past. Bisciotti has final say on HC and likely makes sure he has the wishes of the GM in mind. Once the HC is hired his coaching staff is his decision. Ozzie didn’t hire or fire Harbaughs staff. I expect that same approach with a new HC

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hmmm that’s not the model we used in the past. Bisciotti has final say on HC and likely makes sure he has the wishes of the GM in mind. Once the HC is hired his coaching staff is his decision. Ozzie didn’t hire or fire Harbaughs staff. I expect that same approach with a new HC

The GM runs the HC search - yes its bisciotti's organisation and he's good at what he does so he's involved but ultimately the reason steve is so good is because he doesnt interfere in the footballing operations when he doesnt need to - a HC hire/fire will be something that will be discussed and parsed out with him because the front office (and coaching staff) respect and value his opinions which is why they all disappear off together in the offseason for a week - but ultimately the thrust of a HC hire is going to be the GM because steve won't want organisational disharmony which would come from a GM having to work with the guy who is not "his guy"

but yeah the new HC will then be able to finalise his staff how he wants

usmccharles

Practice Squad
new gm will want his HC but it will be very much mostly down to the HC to fill out the remaining spots as he likes (with oversight from the front office)

I agree with both, to an extent. I just with LJ being mainly DeCosta's guy (my theory) that the HC candidates will be more offensive minded, where they will bring something creative to the table.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Must also say it's funny how clear it is for some to see Lamars flaws while ignoring the other guys so frequently. I wonder if Lamar will get the lack of talent, OL, OC, injury and wrong route/drops excuses from the Flacco team. Will they too wait a decade for his as @Militant X 1 would say... break out season?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Must also say it's funny how clear it is for some to see Lamars flaws while ignoring the other guys so frequently. I wonder if Lamar will get the lack of talent, OL, OC, injury and wrong route/drops excuses from the Flacco team. Will they too wait a decade for his as @Militant X 1 would say... break out season?

The whole team needs a damn breakout at this point! Lol!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The whole team needs a damn breakout at this point! Lol!

It's over. No hope except for the draft pick and that if Lamar does play we see progress from the preseason.

And if Lamar does stink I hope I these same guys give me the apologist responses when I'm pointing out his for poor performances. The man hasn't started yet and people are going on about how we'll already have to start looking for a qb of the future.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It's over. No hope except for the draft pick and that if Lamar does play we see progress from the preseason.

And if Lamar does stink I hope I these same guys give me the apologist responses when I'm pointing out his for poor performances. The man hasn't started yet and people are going on about how we'll already have to start looking for a qb of the future.
Lamar is elite, you heard it here first. Now get on the ground and kiss his feet and apologize. The chuch of Lamar demands it or we will show up at your house.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
we'll know for definite by the time practice reports start coming out and if not we'll know by the time we get the injury designations - if he's doubtful or out then he's not playing, if he's questionable or better he's likely starting
Harbaugh said in the presser Flacco doesn’t need to practice to play on sunday. It will be a game day decision.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
well from Harbs presser my guess is that joe might end up playing
apparently he was able to do some onfield work and harbs specifically said he doesnt need to practice in order to play

and just in case it was ever in doubt he said whether joe goes was 100% down to whether joe could play or not - no other factors

Reactions: cdp