• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
EKyxpqVWkAMig4Q
now that is pretty damn awesome

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I hate this whole narrative that if Lamar gets hurt he wont be the same player. Like why is this always brought up with running QBs but not any skill position on offense.

What if McCaffrey, Barkley, Cook, Hopkins, Thomas, etc get hurt. Will they suffer and change their games???? No they get healthy and come back.

Hell some of the all time great running backs took hit after hit and they weren't much bigger than Lamar and they never got hurt but nobody asks the question if they're game has to change.

If you train your body correctly then you will be fine. That's it. End of story. I hate this narrative they put on Lamar that can go to any running back in the NFL today but it doesn't.

Otherwise everyone would be saying oh McCaffrey is gonna get hurt playing the style of football he plays and he has twice the amount of toucjes lamar does gtfo
Dalvin Cook couldn't dress up last couple years, look at him now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I get what people are saying but thats not my problem.. my problem is that why tf are they wishing injury on him? I mean yea he needs work in the accuracy department still so i can see why people are saying that if he gets hurt he wont be as deadly which i kinda agree with while he contiues to improve but they shouldnt be wishing injury on him at all..

they're wishing injury on him because he embarrassed them and their shoddy takes

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get what people are saying but thats not my problem.. my problem is that why tf are they wishing injury on him? I mean yea he needs work in the accuracy department still so i can see why people are saying that if he gets hurt he wont be as deadly which i kinda agree with while he contiues to improve but they shouldnt be wishing injury on him at all..
But that's the thing. Why wouldn't he be as deadly. Players get hurt, season ending injuries sometimes, and come back as the same athlete at before. I dont think injury would make him any less of an athlete. There have been great players who tore their ACLs and came back the next year with no drop off in their athletic ability. So I really dont understand this narrative

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
But that's the thing. Why wouldn't he be as deadly. Players get hurt, season ending injuries sometimes, and come back as the same athlete at before. I dont think injury would make him any less of an athlete. There have been great players who tore their ACLs and came back the next year with no drop off in their athletic ability. So I really dont understand this narrative

The argument is that he won't be anywhere near as effective as a thrower which I disagree with. His pocket presence is still very good and let's say he has only 60% of his speed back. He would utilize more to get into space to make a throw.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is the world we live in, where the patriots are playing in prime time and they STILL can’t stop talking about us. This is UNHEARD OF! I miss being disrespected!

i was expecting some disrespect this week given how tight the win was and how few yards lamar passed for but so far everyone seems to be giving props

i was almost hoping for disrespect tbh so that we'd have something to rail against again

but all that really matters is that because of the tight game and the mistakes we made in it, harbs gets a load of coaching material that we wouldnt have with another blowout - makes it easier to get guys focussed and striving for perfection

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i was expecting some disrespect this week given how tight the win was and how few yards lamar passed for but so far everyone seems to be giving props

i was almost hoping for disrespect tbh so that we'd have something to rail against again

but all that really matters is that because of the tight game and the mistakes we made in it, harbs gets a load of coaching material that we wouldnt have with another blowout - makes it easier to get guys focussed and striving for perfection
I expected all the disrespect in the world. Still waiting for that franchise guys power rankings so he can knock us down a spot for winning a close game to the team he had ranked 1 lmao

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
saying all that - ive just seen stephen a smith - and he just said he was more impressed with the 49ers - go figure lol
Stephen A has changed over the years.. he dont really mean half the stuff he says. Has to draw them crowds in and keep certain people happy