• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This...... To continue with an obvious thought, if a defense isn't able to assume pass or run the higher the success rate and efficiency of both/either is exponentially higher. If that uncertainty can be maintained and both phases are executed well, the offense can be pretty much unstoppable.

Add to that we’re the only team in the nfl that can legit get away with running consistently in a 2 minute drill and maintain that balance throughout the drive

Tank

Hall of Famer
Add to that we’re the only team in the nfl that can legit get away with running consistently in a 2 minute drill and maintain that balance throughout the drive
I think that's the one area we're untested, two minute drill where we have to have a score. It's bound to come sooner or later.........or maybe not. lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Whether people want to accept it or not; Michael Vick "IS" the reference point for Lamar....PERIOD!!! Hating on the Vick comparisons are useless and baseless IMO because BEFORE there was EVER a Lamar Jackson; the NFL world ate up the "Michael Vick Experience". What Lamar is doing is FIRE for this generation of players but Vick was a BEAST! And that will NEVER EVER be taking away from that man!

Vick is way more comparable to rg3 than Lamar, plain and simple. Nowhere near as refined or elusive a runner, nowhere near the same pocket presence or progression ability. Lamar’s all around skill set is Steve young like. The comparison starts and stops with a fast black strong armed qb. There’s been plenty of those, none have been as refined as Lamar thus far, running and passing wise.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This...... To continue with an obvious thought, if a defense isn't able to assume pass or run the higher the success rate and efficiency of both/either is exponentially higher. If that uncertainty can be maintained and both phases are executed well, the offense can be pretty much unstoppable.
We put the success of the entire defense on one player, and we force that player to do this many things in about 1 second:
1. Determine that he himself is the read
2. Make a 50/50 guess on the option
3. Execute the play IF the guess was correct

This doesn’t even factor in play action, which believe me is in the defenders head as he’s thinking this through, wondering if he needs to pressure, contain, or possibly bump or jump a jet motion/orbit route.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Vick is way more comparable to rg3 than Lamar, plain and simple. Nowhere near as refined or elusive a runner, nowhere near the same pocket presence or progression ability. Lamar’s all around skill set is Steve young like. The comparison starts and stops with a fast black strong armed qb. There’s been plenty of those, none have been as refined as Lamar thus far, running and passing wise.
I think we just have to see a lil bit more from lamar imo.. rememer, at one point Cam was on his way to the top.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree.. Vick was fun to watch though and made a big impact on the nfl
I agree he could be fun to watch, but I think Vick was much more popular and had more of an impact around Atlanta and maybe with NFC fans. I mean his teams only had winning seasons a couple three times and his career stats are pretty much eh. Other than his VT career he was known best around here for getting his leg broken in a pre season game against the Ravens, and of course the dog fighting crap.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I agree he could be fun to watch, but I think Vick was much more popular and had more of an impact around Atlanta and maybe with NFC fans. I mean his teams only had winning seasons a couple three times and his career stats are pretty much eh. Other than his VT career he was known best around here for getting his leg broken in a pre season game against the Ravens, and of course the dog fighting crap.
He was the closest thing to being the allen iverson of football for some..

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The best way to describe Lamar is to combine two players. He throws like an early Aaron Rodgers (getting there quickly both in terms of throws and reading the field) and runs like a 6'2" Barry Sanders or Gale Sayers. That is a lethal combination imho.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well @Deebo813 he may have been Iverson to some, but our Lamar Jackson will be Michael Jordan to every NFL fan in a couple of years but he already is to me and some in the flock! I'm being absolutely honest with you about this young man.
In order for me to consider him the NFL's Michael Jordan, he's gonna have to win a MINIMUM 6 rings in which he needs to be the SB MVP in each season. We'll see.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well @Deebo813 he may have been Iverson to some, but our Lamar Jackson will be Michael Jordan to every NFL fan in a couple of years but he already is to me and some in the flock! I'm being absolutely honest with you about this young man.
Naw its too late to be jordan. Jordan impact was like discovering the world wasnt flat.lamar impact will be big if be keeps it up

Last edited:

purp

Practice Squad
Naw its too late to be jordan. Jordan impact was like discovering the world wasnt flat.lamar impact will be big if be keeps it up

Would debunking the myth “mobile QBs can’t win the Super Bowl” be enough?

In his first three seasons MJ was seen as a ball hog that wasn’t tough enough to get over the Pistons. Seasons that have over 80 games. I’m not willing to say Lamar is the MJ of football yet but it’s certainly not “too late” for him to earn that kind of epithet.

If anything it’s too early.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Would debunking the myth “mobile QBs can’t win the Super Bowl” be enough?

In his first three seasons MJ was seen as a ball hog that wasn’t tough enough to get over the Pistons. Seasons that have over 80 games. I’m not willing to say Lamar is the MJ of football yet but it’s certainly not “too late” for him to earn that kind of epithet.

If anything it’s too early.
Bball is different. Their impact is x10 of an NFL player.