• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
Right. Can't hit QB in the head and can't hit them knee and below in the pocket.

And yes, ngatas hit on rg3 was exactly in line with what I’m talking about and that was a trash dirty play that essentially ruined a career.
Trash dirty play??? He hardly hit him. Here it is, at about 35 second mark. And it looks like he started his tackle and Rob then was going down. Really he hardly hit him, Rob's leg whipped around at a weird angle and that caused the injury. How was it dirty?

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
I thought ngatas hit was dirty, Kruger made the tackle, bob was giving himself up and he was essentially down, almost all the way, ngata went deadman style dive into him, think what Siragusa did to Gannon, but Gannon was already down and tackled by someone else lol.
Goose/Gannon play was completely different tackle and play. Tony basically pancaked him and threw his arms and legs out so all of his weight was on him.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Please no, don’t force sliding on a qb who’s just unable to. Not everyone can slide, it’s a mental block, and when you have that issue and try to force yourself to slide in the heat of the moment you’re gonna go down awkward as hell and hurt yourself, or at the very least put yourself at big risk.

Joe used to have the best looking slide in the league, shit was textbook and smooth af lol, after the injury and brace, he wasn’t able to and every single slide looked like he was gonna re inure his knee, rg3 couldnt slide and his attempts were really ugly and dangerous looking. I could be mistaken but I actually think Jason Campbell knocked himself out of a game because he tried to force a slide and hurt himself.

It’s like a backflip block, some people have a self preservation thing kick in and they just can’t do it.
I thought lamar just didnt slide.. i never seen him try before so i didnt know he actually dont know how

purp

Practice Squad
Trash dirty play??? He hardly hit him. Here it is, at about 35 second mark. And it looks like he started his tackle and Rob then was going down. Really he hardly hit him, Rob's leg whipped around at a weird angle and that caused the injury. How was it dirty?

How dare you bring facts and evidence into this

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I thought lamar just didnt slide.. i never seen him try before so i didnt know he actually dont know how
He is so good athlete that he'd probably learnt that stuff already but doesn't do it because it's not efficient. He has complete control when he runs, gets all the yards he can and escapes by speed and elusiveness. He'll get caught on occasion but can't be hit, only pushed over the sideline.
Still better than sliding into idiots like Kiko Alonso.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is so good athlete that he'd probably learnt that stuff already but doesn't do it because it's not efficient. He has complete control when he runs, gets all the yards he can and escapes by speed and elusiveness. He'll get caught on occasion but can't be hit, only pushed over the sideline.
unless he's diving for the end zone. He's been hit, but mostly not hard while on the run.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Goose/Gannon play was completely different tackle and play. Tony basically pancaked him and threw his arms and legs out so all of his weight was on him.
i know precisely what goose did, and ngata did something similar to that, he deadman dived at a qb who had already been brought down by another defender and the play was over, the difference being that on the goose play Gannon was already touching the ground and goose landed on him, and in ngatas situation he wasnt quite on the ground and he crushed him. It was completely unnecessary and quite literally began the spiral of a 2nd overall picks career.

I guarantee you that every fan base in the nfl outside of Baltimore and the other NFC east teams would say without without question that it was a dirty ass play. This is homering, ravens players can do shitty things at times and that’s ok.

Oh and you didn’t need to post the video, I recall it, and before I said a word I re watched it just to confirm I wasn’t about to say something dumb. If you think that hit wasn’t dirty then imagine a huge fcker like Snacks or Fletcher Cox deadman diving into Lamar’s knee after another player clearly brought him down, I speculate, albeit with 100% certainty, that you would be screaming bloody murder for a flag, ejection, fine, and suspension.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
These super fast and twitchy athletes rarely know how to slide lol. Name me a single mobile QB who ever slid. They’re always going so fast that the thought of voluntarily dropping your ass to the ground while sprinting feels dangerous as hell lol. That’s why when you saw a guy like rg3 who NEVER slid, start trying to slide, it looks ridiculous and they’re always falling knee first and rolling and smashing their heads in the turf. When guys refuse to slide it’s usually because they just can’t.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I just watched the Ngata hit again @JoeyFlex5. I don't think you can call that a dirty hit. He was already going and no one expects someone's leg to stay in the air like that. It was an AWFUL slide. It didn't look like Ngata was really trying to put weight on him either as he went down.

You slide if you're giving yourself up. I don't know what the hell RG3 was doing. He was falling forward. Still legal what Ngata did and didn't look like he meant any harm. That's also a lot of man to try and stop.

Last edited: