• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Be prepared to head down to the Pit of Misery if he throws an INT whether if it's his fault or not.

Yeah... Sick of the damn jinxes.

Anyway, can't wait to see how confident he is throwing year 3 after MVP and SB MVP. Expanded passing game and more help on the outside, with a fully healthy Hollywood and 2nd year MONSTER Boykin.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well I don't see the media great Russell Wilson on that list! Surprise, surprise. Can we send that real analytics metric (only meaningful one imo) to the PFF founder Collinsworth who can't seem to get Wilson's praise spewing out his mouth? He keeps selectively citing metrics to showcase why he deserves MVP on national TV.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah... Sick of the damn jinxes.

Anyway, can't wait to see how confident he is throwing year 3 after MVP and SB MVP. Expanded passing game and more help on the outside, with a fully healthy Hollywood and 2nd year MONSTER Boykin.
Sick of the damn jinxes you say yet.........

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just watched the Ngata hit again @JoeyFlex5. I don't think you can call that a dirty hit. He was already going and no one expects someone's leg to stay in the air like that. It was an AWFUL slide. It didn't look like Ngata was really trying to put weight on him either as he went down.

You slide if you're giving yourself up. I don't know what the hell RG3 was doing. He was falling forward. Still legal what Ngata did and didn't look like he meant any harm. That's also a lot of man to try and stop.
The falling forward speaks to my other point that most dual threat QBs don’t know how to slide or have a mental block, when rg3 was a rookie he dove instead of sliding because he admittedly didn’t know how to, and he kept trying the following year and it never looked much better lol.

But what I’m saying is that ngata adding that hit was incredibly unnecessary and you can not convince me that if a defender did that exact thing to Lamar that every poster here wouldn’t be screaming for that defenders head

Tank

Hall of Famer
i know precisely what goose did, and ngata did something similar to that, he deadman dived at a qb who had already been brought down by another defender and the play was over, the difference being that on the goose play Gannon was already touching the ground and goose landed on him, and in ngatas situation he wasnt quite on the ground and he crushed him. It was completely unnecessary and quite literally began the spiral of a 2nd overall picks career.

I guarantee you that every fan base in the nfl outside of Baltimore and the other NFC east teams would say without without question that it was a dirty ass play. This is homering, ravens players can do shitty things at times and that’s ok.

Oh and you didn’t need to post the video, I recall it, and before I said a word I re watched it just to confirm I wasn’t about to say something dumb. If you think that hit wasn’t dirty then imagine a huge fcker like Snacks or Fletcher Cox deadman diving into Lamar’s knee after another player clearly brought him down, I speculate, albeit with 100% certainty, that you would be screaming bloody murder for a flag, ejection, fine, and suspension.
'cmon man! lol completely different. Haloti didn't dive at anyone's knee, and he didn't start his tackle after Rob was going down.
It's visually obvious that wasn't the case. Going to just agree to disagree.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I just watched the Ngata hit again @JoeyFlex5. I don't think you can call that a dirty hit. He was already going and no one expects someone's leg to stay in the air like that. It was an AWFUL slide. It didn't look like Ngata was really trying to put weight on him either as he went down.

You slide if you're giving yourself up. I don't know what the hell RG3 was doing. He was falling forward. Still legal what Ngata did and didn't look like he meant any harm. That's also a lot of man to try and stop.
Rob wasn't sliding, he was trying to avoid Kruger and was falling. No way Haloti knew that when he started his tackle.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Rob wasn't sliding, he was trying to avoid Kruger and was falling. No way Haloti knew that when he started his tackle.
he was starting to fall and his leg flew up while Ngata was hitting him. Totally clean play.

I thought ngatas hit was dirty, Kruger made the tackle, bob was giving himself up and he was essentially down, almost all the way, ngata went deadman style dive into him, think what Siragusa did to Gannon, but Gannon was already down and tackled by someone else lol.
I don’t remember seeing it that way at the time but I have to say looking back at it you have to ask yourself, if that same play happened to Lamar, how would we feel about it? Probably not real good.

This is unbelievable. The entire fucking Internet is talking about Lamar's injury and the sentiment is

"You stay in the pocket, we can protect you but when you break out....."
- S Sharpe

I am going to lose my mind if I watch any of that shit. [profanity deleted] you all.
I knew the moment he showed up on an injury report that people wouldn’t bother to see the play he got injured but would just jump to their own conclusion.

I’ve bitched about this so many times these guys get paid handsomely - apparently not how to analyze game based on facts - but how to scream and troll.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I knew the moment he showed up on an injury report that people wouldn’t bother to see the play he got injured but would just jump to their own conclusion.

I’ve bitched about this so many times these guys get paid handsomely - apparently not how to analyze game based on facts - but how to scream and troll.
I'm not watching any of that shit any longer.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-12-13_15-10-43.png

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Leveon bell, Robbie Anderson I think are 2 of them also - these aren’t random guys at the bottom of the roster either...
They wanna come play here. Lol I wonder if Robbie was whispering in Lamar’s ear like “I always knew you were a QB, go get me in the off-season.”