• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
John mentioned a conversation he had with Lamar about what he thinks he needs to do to improve for next year. Roman and John made a list, Lamar said every single thing they had on the list in the exact order.

That shit hypes me up

Tank

Hall of Famer
No Doubts on Hollywood, I'd love another WR just like him on the opposite side, Just need guys that can get separation
IDK, watching Jet play it seemed he was nicked in some way every game he played in. Not his fault he's just a little dude. I think there has to be doubt as to whether he can remain healthy. As talented as he is I'd prefer the next guy to be someone in the mold of DK Metcalf.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I cannot wait to see Lamar Jackson's improvement this off season and his rapport with a fully healthy Hollywood, Boykin, Snead and his TE receivers group grow! He is going to light the NFL on fire like never before next year. He is one human that gets better perpetually. I cannot wait. I love what you've become for Baltimore Ravens fan Lamar - a ray of pristine and exciting hope.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I cannot wait to see Lamar Jackson's improvement this off season and his rapport with a fully healthy Hollywood, Boykin, Snead and his TE receivers group grow! He is going to light the NFL on fire like never before next year. He is one human that gets better perpetually. I cannot wait. I love what you've become for Baltimore Ravens fan Lamar - a ray of pristine and exciting hope.
You know him and Hollywood will work during the offseason too. I wonder if his work effort rubs off on other guys here too. Can you imagine the rapport Lamar and Brown will have next year? We should see serious improvement on his deep balls.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which is why I never lost faith in him. Sometimes, development takes time and barring injury, I think he may be that next guy to step up in this offense.
I never did either and the TE position is one of those positions that takes time and he was put behind the eightball from the jump. Not only that, due to his injury, LJ started getting some great chemistry with Andrews. Both are very good TE's in their own right.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
IDK, watching Jet play it seemed he was nicked in some way every game he played in. Not his fault he's just a little dude. I think there has to be doubt as to whether he can remain healthy. As talented as he is I'd prefer the next guy to be someone in the mold of DK Metcalf.

he started the season injured and never had time to recover fully - i dont think that's on him being small - i think that's on him missing almost all of training camp and being hobbled going into the year - if this sort of stuff lingers into next year then id agree with you but he literally started his pro career with a lisfranc which jimmy smith said after the same injury he didnt feel properly right until the season after the season he came back

and he did get that ankle injury mid-way through the year but you've got to think that was probably related in some way to the first injury

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You know him and Hollywood will work during the offseason too. I wonder if his work effort rubs off on other guys here too. Can you imagine the rapport Lamar and Brown will have next year? We should see serious improvement on his deep balls.

its always been said that building chemistry on deep passes is the last thing to come - the ability to just read and react the same way to what you're seeing and for both receiver and qb to inherently understand how the other moves and reacts to those coverages and situations so that they make decisions and have the timings down

its extraordinary just how quickly lamar and mark andrews got that chemistry - they just see the field the same way already

but lamar building confidence with boykin and hurst too could be big - there were a few times during the season that they got open and lamar didnt look their way for a number of reasons but if he gains that confidence you know he'll start to trust them and that will only lead to more and more big plays

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never did either and the TE position is one of those positions that takes time and he was put behind the eightball from the jump. Not only that, due to his injury, LJ started getting some great chemistry with Andrews. Both are very good TE's in their own right.
I didn’t like Hurst because of his age more than anything. Probably not the best reason but that’s mine. I also really wanted Moore and really liked Ridley. I still think they would’ve been excellent picks here.
its always been said that building chemistry on deep passes is the last thing to come - the ability to just read and react the same way to what you're seeing and for both receiver and qb to inherently understand how the other moves and reacts to those coverages and situations so that they make decisions and have the timings down

its extraordinary just how quickly lamar and mark andrews got that chemistry - they just see the field the same way already

but lamar building confidence with boykin and hurst too could be big - there were a few times during the season that they got open and lamar didnt look their way for a number of reasons but if he gains that confidence you know he'll start to trust them and that will only lead to more and more big plays
So you’re saying it’ll lead to even bigger truss?

Tank

Hall of Famer
he started the season injured and never had time to recover fully - i dont think that's on him being small - i think that's on him missing almost all of training camp and being hobbled going into the year - if this sort of stuff lingers into next year then id agree with you but he literally started his pro career with a lisfranc which jimmy smith said after the same injury he didnt feel properly right until the season after the season he came back

and he did get that ankle injury mid-way through the year but you've got to think that was probably related in some way to the first injury

I'm going to ignore you mentioned Jimmy Smith. lol

Hip, Neck, leg, etc......he was often walking off the field holding something. And he consistently avoided contact(rightfully so) many times just falling to the ground.

Again, I luv me some Jet Brown, he has great hands and he's an electrifying play maker. But there has to be concern/doubt about him remaining healthy.

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just go back to the improvement Jimmy had after a year of dealing with his Lisfranc injury. If Hollywood did as well being hindered, imagine a full off season working out with his best friend and then feeling fully healthy may do? Imagine the speed he'll bring when fully healthy. Very exciting. Knowing Lamar and his leadership, I'll be shocked if every WR/TE/RB group doesn't work out with Lamar during the off season. I just think Lamar has that kind of compelling appeal with his team.