• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just go back to the improvement Jimmy had after a year of dealing with his Lisfranc injury. If Hollywood did as well being hindered, imagine a full off season working out with his best friend and then feeling fully healthy may do? Imagine the speed he'll bring when fully healthy. Very exciting. Knowing Lamar and his leadership, I'll be shocked if every WR/TE/RB group doesn't work out with Lamar during the off season. I just think Lamar has that kind of compelling appeal with his team.
Agreed man. I’m super excited for the offense and I feel we should build a bully there. We have explosive weapons in Jackson, Brown & Andrews, if we add another explosive guy to be opposite Brown who could also return kicks, and then add another WR with a nice catching radius to combine with what we have already in Boykin, Hurst, & Boyle we should be deadly. Add another RB with Edwards and Ingram to compete with Hill, and this offense terrifies me if we can improve our interior OL. I’m with @Simba in we should also identify a swing tackle as well since we’re a bit light there and this is a nice T class. I’d target a T who could play G then swing them at G to shift them outside if we had an injury.

Our offense is an explosive deep threat opposite Brown, a big catch radius WR/TE, interior OL, & RB away from devastatingly dangerous. The best part is we could solve some of those holes internally with guys already here. I do like Moss from LSU though, if not only for heritage but he looks kinda good.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just go back to the improvement Jimmy had after a year of dealing with his Lisfranc injury. If Hollywood did as well being hindered, imagine a full off season working out with his best friend and then feeling fully healthy may do? Imagine the speed he'll bring when fully healthy. Very exciting. Knowing Lamar and his leadership, I'll be shocked if every WR/TE/RB group doesn't work out with Lamar during the off season. I just think Lamar has that kind of compelling appeal with his team.
Jimmy was much better the 2nd half of 2015 and then after that year had screws removed and did even better than that. It is pretty exciting to know how well Hollywood did in his rookie year less than a season removed from a Lisfranc.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol Deion going off on this guy for our boy Lamar:

Thank you Deion. Everything you say is 100% accurate if you sit back and think about it. Give Lamar the receivers that Mahomes has and then let's talk. Sure, Mahomes is an awesome talent like Isaiah Thomas was. Great passer of the ball. Lamar is unequivocally the rare talent that Michael Jordan was. Say it Deion! " YOU JUST SAW HIM"! Stop anointing him over Lamar!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The speak for yourself program is contrarian dog shit. When Lamar is doing great they shit on him. When the world is counting him out, they glorify him. The only thing that is true about these dudes is they're just hacks.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m so excited to watch Lamar next year after another full offseason with the starters. For some reason, I think he’ll throw the ball a bit more and we become a more balanced offense. What on earth will the haters say if Lamar posts 4,000+ through the air and 40+ touchdowns? Get the man some more weapons on the outside, EDC! I just got back on NFL Memes after a week off and apparently Lamar is a run-first QB that can’t read a defense or make any progressions lmao. To paraphrase Sir Charles Barkley, social media is just an outlet for losers who have no idea what they’re talking about. So many fat-couch QBs out there.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so excited to watch Lamar next year after another full offseason with the starters. For some reason, I think he’ll throw the ball a bit more and we become a more balanced offense. What on earth will the haters say if Lamar posts 4,000+ through the air and 40+ touchdowns? Get the man some more weapons on the outside, EDC! I just got back on NFL Memes after a week off and apparently Lamar is a run-first QB that can’t read a defense or make any progressions lmao. To paraphrase Sir Charles Barkley, social media is just an outlet for losers who have no idea what they’re talking about. So many fat-couch QBs out there.
I totally agree he'll reshape the ideal of an NFL QB. But, again Lamar is a statistical outlier that comes about once every lifetime. But, he'll set the threshold for what an NFL QB that is the total package will look like in the future. All new comers will be measured against that ideal even though they'll never measure up to it.

Like you said, Lamar will throw for 4K and 40Tds and run for 1K and 10TDs next season - guaranteed. However, the haters won't go away because that's what they thrive on doing. That is their ticket because the haters realize there's always a market for naysayers in the NFL no matter who that star is. Let's not forget there are fans from 31 teams that would lap that shit up.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I totally agree he'll reshape the ideal of an NFL QB. But, again Lamar is a statistical outlier that comes about once every lifetime. But, he'll set the threshold for what an NFL QB that is the total package will look like in the future. All new comers will be measured against that ideal even though they'll never measure up to it.

Like you said, Lamar will throw for 4K and 40Tds and run for 1K and 10TDs next season - guaranteed. However, the haters won't go away because that's what they thrive on doing. That is their ticket because the haters realize there's always a market for naysayers in the NFL no matter who that star is. Let's not forget there are fans from 31 teams that would lap that shit up.
I actually think his rushing numbers drop next season with the natural progression of Hollywood, Andrews and Hurst, plus hopefully some new weapons on the outside we may even see LJ rush for less than 1k yards next season.

I do want to see 10 TD's dropped on the Washington Redskins alone! (maybe I shouldn't say dropped)

@Dom McRaven

Tank

Hall of Famer
I actually think his rushing numbers drop next season with the natural progression of Hollywood, Andrews and Hurst, plus hopefully some new weapons on the outside we may even see LJ rush for less than 1k yards next season.

I do want to see 10 TD's dropped on the Washington Redskins alone! (maybe I shouldn't say dropped)

@Dom McRaven

Both of our SBs were won in seasons where we lost to the Skins. Maybe root for something else. lol

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

@Dom McRaven
May you shouldn't say dropped! laugh out loud!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Both of our SBs were won in seasons where we lost to the Skins. Maybe root for something else. lol
well that ended back in 2016 when we lost to them and didn't even make the playoffs. Anyway there is always a 1st. Down wish the Skins

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So darn cool! Anybody that is younger than 18 is going to be a lifelong Lamar Jackson fan period. Nobody has taken the youth by storm like Lamar has across America.

As an aside the 55+ crowd are equally smitten by the young dude! I am one such oldie!
i remember how much i loved Kenny Stabler growing up. Cool as a cucumber and so clutch. I mean to be connected to so many name games in his career. Well i can see Lamar Jackson exceeding that all the way to the HOF