• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I actually think we solve 4 or 5 of these drops and we win the game, especially the ones where they would have been touchdowns.
Idk why people are scared to admit that lamar also threw some badly placed balls too. The one to snead across the middle was behind him, the one to andrews was far and high. He threw like 2 of them too low to hurst and rb.. yea they touched them so i guess theyre suppose catch them but he still threw some badly placed balls which didnt help our wrs at all.. cant just put all the blame on the wrs like lamar didnt throw some bad balls

Reactions: cdp

Tank

Hall of Famer
Idk why people are scared to admit that lamar also threw some badly placed balls too. The one to snead across the middle was behind him, the one to andrews was far and high. He threw like 2 of them too low to hurst and rb.. yea they touched them so i guess theyre suppose catch them but he still threw some badly placed balls which didnt help our wrs at all.. cant just put all the blame on the wrs like lamar didnt throw some bad balls
The one Roberts missed should have been intercepted, or at least blocked away. It looked like he was distracted anticipating that would happen.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
a couple were high, no question, but when you get your hands on the ball you have to come down with it. We aren't saying it could have been placed better. No one throws a perfect ball all the time.

For the most part this season, he has done a very good job at ball placement allowing for the ball to be in a good position for yac or throwing the football where only our receiver can get to the ball.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Is Lamar the only QB in the league that throws with his index finger on the nose of the football? Do you guys think that affects his accuracy somewhat?

Tank

Hall of Famer
a couple were high, no question, but when you get your hands on the ball you have to come down with it. We aren't saying it could have been placed better. No one throws a perfect ball all the time.

For the most part this season, he has done a very good job at ball placement allowing for the ball to be in a good position for yac or throwing the football where only our receiver can get to the ball.
I think the last one to Hurst that hit him in the back of the shoulder was just a matter of timing. That will come the more they play together.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The same idiots saying Lamar sucks for not doing well in that throwing challenge will probably say “it was just the Pro Bowl. Who cares?” since Lamar was named MVP of the game hahaha

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Lamar the only QB in the league that throws with his index finger on the nose of the football? Do you guys think that affects his accuracy somewhat?
I thought Kurt Warner talked about him having the exact same grip and the dude won a SB and was part of the greatest show on turf!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I thought Kurt Warner talked about him having the exact same grip and the dude won a SB and was part of the greatest show on turf!
Did he? Nice! I just don’t really remember people talking about it and always wondered

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did he? Nice! I just don’t really remember people talking about it and always wondered
www.baltimorebeatdown.com › 2019/11/20 › ravens-news-11-20-lam...

Ravens News 11/20: Lamar's grip, DVOA jump and more ...

Nov 20, 2019 - Week 11 DVOA Ratings - Aaron Schatz We finally have a stir atop the ... Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens ... Last year before the Chiefs game, at the TV meetings, Kurt Warner noticed my grip and asked me where my hand ... I showed him my grip, and he was like, “That's crazy, because mine is the same.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
www.baltimorebeatdown.com › 2019/11/20 › ravens-news-11-20-lam...

Ravens News 11/20: Lamar's grip, DVOA jump and more ...

Nov 20, 2019 - Week 11 DVOA Ratings - Aaron Schatz We finally have a stir atop the ... Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens ... Last year before the Chiefs game, at the TV meetings, Kurt Warner noticed my grip and asked me where my hand ... I showed him my grip, and he was like, “That's crazy, because mine is the same.
This is interesting. Thank you for sharing

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad

Back when we first drafted Lamar the grip caught my attention. Hadn't really paid attention before so I did a google search and looked at images (think I searched something like: NFL QB throwing grips). Looking at the pictures, he's not. There's variation but a lot of QBs hold the ball similar. I think I remember Rivers, Mahomes, Brady, Warner, Wilson all had very similar grips.