• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar is really a champion of the people. Could you imagine being that kid (assuming he's a Ravens fan) and he gets to go home to his parents gleefully telling them that he got to talk to Lamar on IG live? LMAO. That's a W for life.
THIS FUCKING GUY IS A SAINT OF SAINTS AND I WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH TO DEFEND HIM

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lamar is really a champion of the people. Could you imagine being that kid (assuming he's a Ravens fan) and he gets to go home to his parents gleefully telling them that he got to talk to Lamar on IG live? LMAO. That's a W for life.
Crazy thing is.. where lamar is from they use the word “ gleefully, glee, gleeful” alot lmao. Idk if you knew that or not but thats funny you said that

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Crazy thing is.. where lamar is from they use the word “ gleefully, glee, gleeful” alot lmao. Idk if you knew that or not but thats funny you said that
I PROMISE you I didn't know that LMAO. I seriously wouldn't even know what I'd say to him if I ever saw him.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I didn't want to assume why the original question was asked (the guy in me who is tired of hearing people try to pick this man apart immediately goes to "it's being asked for a negative reason", but that's not fair) so I just answered the question that was asked. :D

End of the day, Lamar has outperformed every expectation of him and I still don't even see his ceiling.
Do you think the sky has a ceiling?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I absolutely can imagine and relate as I was able to talk to Kenny Stabler when they were in town to play the Colts. I called the hotel he was staying at and they transferred me to his room.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
a lot of lamar stuff here - really nice moment at the end with drew brees but the whole thing's worth a watch tbh:

it's really cool just in general the way the rest of the players are around Lamar and in turn the way he is with them - there's a lot of good will around among peers within the league right now

Simple. They see what we see. An EXTREMELY likable dude who's worked his ass off to become a prominent player in his 2nd year while remaining humble and team-oriented despite unnecessary criticism from certain folks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Simple. They see what we see. An EXTREMELY likable dude who's worked his ass off to become a prominent player in his 2nd year while remaining humble and team-oriented despite unnecessary criticism from certain folks.

we'll see what happens over the next 2-3 years but you can see it in the way Deshaun Watson and Lamar speak to each other - it's like they're plotting their takeover - i like that they are planning to be complicit in the other's success too

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
a lot of lamar stuff here - really nice moment at the end with drew brees but the whole thing's worth a watch tbh:

it's really cool just in general the way the rest of the players are around Lamar and in turn the way he is with them - there's a lot of good will around among peers within the league right now

Huge takeaway from that is Deshaun wants to train with Lamar in Miami. That can only do wonders for both of them.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Huge takeaway from that is Deshaun wants to train with Lamar in Miami. That can only do wonders for both of them.
Plus Brees told Lamar to reach out to him if he needs anything. Good lord I hope Lamar trains with him too or at the very least piques his brain

JAAM

Hall of Famer
On a side note, it cracks me up how many clowns on social media think Lamar sucks, but it’s evident the league has a great deal of respect for him as a QB. I hate social media so much. It’s given losers a platform to speak on things they know nothing about. Just a bunch of sheep.

/rant

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
we'll see what happens over the next 2-3 years but you can see it in the way Deshaun Watson and Lamar speak to each other - it's like they're plotting their takeover - i like that they are planning to be complicit in the other's success too
Might as well. They took over the ACC so might as well take over the AFC too (of course Mahomes would have something to say about it). Watson is also such a likable guy that's it gonna be tough hating him unless when they play us.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Might as well. They took over the ACC so might as well take over the AFC too (of course Mahomes would have something to say about it). Watson is also such a likable guy that's it gonna be tough hating him unless when they play us.
I'm waiting for Mahomes to choke in the super bowl so everyone can stop talking shit bout Lamar. Besides, Mahomes has so many weapons to work with it's almost unfair.
Deshaun has no Oline and Lamar only has Hollywood who really scares you as a WR. Gotta get him more weapons on the perimeter

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Watson has been a lot of fun to watch and is probably my 2nd favorite QB in the league. Honestly, out of all the teams in the AFC, I wouldn't mind the Texans winning a few SBs (unless we're still in the playoffs obviously lol).

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watson has been a lot of fun to watch and is probably my 2nd favorite QB in the league. Honestly, out of all the teams in the AFC, I wouldn't mind the Texans winning a few SBs (unless we're still in the playoffs obviously lol).
I don't see how Watson wins a few SBs for the Texans as long as Lamar is playing QB at an even improved level than this year. This year, they were struck by a confluence of dropped catches and poor plays that lost them the game. That won't happen beginning next year imo. Once Lamar gets going to his full potential and has the weapons like say Watson and Mahomes already do, then he'll win every SB for the next 6-8 yrs like Michael Jordan did, unless of course he's hurt and misses games.

Otherwise, Watson will always be the Drexler to Lamar's Michael Jordan. As for Mahomes, he is Isaiah who won a championship with the bad boys before the improved and determined MJ started neutralizing them. Then it was all over for the NBA and it'll all be over for the NFL too.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see how Watson wins a few SBs for the Texans as long as Lamar is playing QB at an even improved level than this year. This year, they were struck by a confluence of dropped catches and poor plays that lost them the game. That won't happen beginning next year imo. Once Lamar gets going to his full potential and has the weapons like say Watson and Mahomes already do, then he'll win every SB for the next 6-8 yrs like Michael Jordan did, unless of course he's hurt and misses games.

Otherwise, Watson will always be the Drexler to Lamar's Michael Jordan. As for Mahomes, he is Isaiah who won a championship with the bad boys before the improved and determined MJ started neutralizing them. Then it was all over for the NBA and it'll all be over for the NFL too.

One player cannot just win a team the next 10-12 superbowls which is what you are basically talking about for them to never see a SB. I like the dream, but it seems a tad impractical. Even Lamar this season was helped by a top 5 defense, great OLine play (how did Matt Skura become good...), elite TE play, and amazing health which will not be the case for the next decade.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
One player cannot just win a team the next 10-12 superbowls which is what you are basically talking about for them to never see a SB. I like the dream, but it seems a tad impractical. Even Lamar this season was helped by a top 5 defense, great OLine play (how did Matt Skura become good...), elite TE play, and amazing health which will not be the case for the next decade.
My sense is that Lamar helped the defense as much or more than the defense aided him. Pretty much the same for the OLINE.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
My sense is that Lamar helped the defense as much or more than the defense aided him. Pretty much the same for the OLINE.

I did not buy the argument when people said Tim Tebow made Denvers defense and I do not buy it then. Having Jimmy Smith healthy aided the defense because thats when they went from 29th to 4th. Building a secondary that is the best in the NFL is the reason the defense shined. Having Lamar and a strong running game is certainly nice. It meant the Ravens got out to a lead and teams had to throw the ball, but in theory the Ravens winning should HURT the defense because throwing typically means more yards, but the Ravens being so strong in the secondary meant that did not matter.

They were helped by having 3 all pro players on defense and Judon being far better than he gets credit for.