• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Skura was great (that feels so weird to type) to the point where I just wonder if he might be worth a second contract because when he was out it was very noticeable, the team started to look mortal. I do not know whether that speaks more to a lack of depth or to his skill overall but it is absolutely something noteworthy that when he went down so did production. I would want a top 5 Center as well, but I just wonder if one can find those easily because, and I am sure you could be better at analyzing this then me, but rookie Centers tend to struggle so to find a great one you would have to find a veteran and those are typically expensive so with that being the case why not take a flier on Skura as a average Center?

because he's coming off the injury that ended Nico Siragusa's career before it even started... and will at best have 1 season to prove he still is what he was this year before hitting free agency

and while he was impressive there's absolutely no harm in trying to get better at that spot - and while rookie Cs normally have a steep learning curve, it's not unheard of for guys to come in

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
because he's coming off the injury that ended Nico Siragusa's career before it even started... and will at best have 1 season to prove he still is what he was this year before hitting free agency

and while he was impressive there's absolutely no harm in trying to get better at that spot - and while rookie Cs normally have a steep learning curve, it's not unheard of for guys to come in
I would have been on board with a contract this offseason, if we weren't injured. Now that he is injured I'd prefer waiting unless the team sees him progressing faster than nico did and he is ready for training camp. That being said, I think Skura starts the season on PUP.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Man have times changed... i remember when people wanted skura and harbaugh dead lol.. were so sure that they were the problem. Imo ive always felt like oline and pass rusher are the harderst postions to evaluate

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man have times changed... i remember when people wanted skura and harbaugh dead lol.. were so sure that they were the problem. Imo ive always felt like oline and pass rusher are the harderst postions to evaluate
Shit I always thought they were some of the easiest lol, I find safeties impossible to grade and don’t even bother with them lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i find it quite easy to breakdown vs some other positions too - i agree with joey - and its also easier to find tape because very rarely are the OL or DL or EDGE guys out of the frame on the broadcast footage
I dnt even bother lol.. id rather check for sleeper safties or wrs that may not even get drafted before i look at the top pass rusher in college lol. I see you all talk about “ bending” and all this other shit and i just start laughing. I watched a lil of judon when he came out and i liked his motor or what not but thats all i could gather lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I dnt even bother lol.. id rather check for sleeper safties or wrs that may not even get drafted before i look at the top pass rusher in college lol. I see you all talk about “ bending” and all this other shit and i just start laughing. I watched a lil of judon when he came out and i liked his motor or what not but thats all i could gather lol.

haha im trying to find those hidden sleeper guys too

currently ive got grades on 20 DL, 29 EDGE, 30 WR, 18 IOL, 11 OT, 1 LB and 6 QBS

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I don't understand how people can hate Lamar. He's such a talented and humble guy. I would be a fan even if he wasn't a Raven.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m so happy for Lamar. I can’t wait for his speech. By the way, everyone avoid social media lol. The hillbilly’s are in full force

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lamar Jackson wins MVP on the first day of Black History Month. Tell your kids and grandkids that Lamar was a key figure in civil rights.

EL0BoPAU8AIY-42