• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Haven't some counties in FL relaxed the rules somewhat?

It almost business as usual at this point. Minus all the jobs. Everyone seems to be out and about.
I don't know if Broward and Dade County is still in lockdown or whatever though but I think they are. As for the rest of the counties, certain businesses are slowly allowed to be open as part of this Phase One that DeSantis issued out.

Nurps

MVP
I don't know if Broward and Dade County is still in lockdown or whatever though but I think they are. As for the rest of the counties, certain businesses are slowly allowed to be open as part of this Phase One that DeSantis issued out.

More open tomorrow. Barbers, nail salons, etc.....

Nurps

MVP
I have to say though, the retirement community less than a mile from my front door has the most deaths in the state. I'm slow playing this. I'm behaving just as I have since this started, overly cautious. I will probably do this through the rest of the year regardless.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I have to say though, the retirement community less than a mile from my front door has the most deaths in the state. I'm slow playing this. I'm behaving just as I have since this started, overly cautious. I will probably do this through the rest of the year regardless.
I believe the elderly and those with comprised immune systems are the most at risk though I could be wrong. But there hasn't been a day where I'm not washing my hands more than I usually do.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I believe the elderly and those with comprised immune systems are the most at risk though I could be wrong. But there hasn't been a day where I'm not washing my hands more than I usually do.
It's no good to have a false sense of bravado and go out maskless commingling with fellow humans at this time. I am careful because I'm on the older side of the ledger and I'm diabetic to boot. So, I'm at risk clearly.

I was down in the Ft. Myers area Feb 15th of this year for a few days to vacation and I fell severely sick with the flu. Slept in the rest of the vacation, was on tamiflu and over the counter stuff. Came back to MD and continued to feel miserable with the flu for a good 20 additional days at least. Eventually I got rid of it and now feel great. I tested positive for Influenza though but I was unsure if it may have been Covid-19. So, I talked to my primary care that was aware of this and she just had me tested for Covid-19. Results not in yet, but I doubt I have it.

If I don't (likely but fingers crossed) I plan on getting antibody testing done after the results come out. So, I illustrate this to caution everybody out there not to take this virus lightly. It is a fucking killer and any sense of false security will only endanger you more. If I go out it is with a mask and disposable gloves and I do that may be once every other week for groceries, etc. But, frequent hand washing anytime you go to the mailbox or touch anything that came in. Do that and we'll all be safe and healthy to see Lamar Jackson win multiple SBs!

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's no good to have a false sense of bravado and go out massless commingling with fellow humans at this time. I am careful because I'm on the older side of the ledger and I'm diabetic to boot. So, I'm at risk clearly.

I was down in the Ft. Myers area Feb 15th of this year for a few days to vacation and I fell severely sick with the flu. Slept in the rest of the vacation, was on tamiflu and over the counter stuff. Came back to MD and continued to feel miserable with the flu for a good 20 additional days at least. Eventually I got rid of it and now feel great. I tested positive for Influenza though but I was unsure if it may have been Covid-19. So, I talked to my primary care that was aware of this and she just had me tested for Covid-19. Results not in yet, but I doubt I have it.

If I don't (likely but fingers crossed) I plan on getting antibody testing done after the results come out. So, I illustrate this to caution everybody out there not to take this virus lightly. It is a fucking killer and any sense of false security will only endanger you more. If I go out it is with a mask and disposable gloves and I do that may be once every other week for groceries, etc. But, frequent hand washing anytime you go to the mailbox or touch anything that came in. Do that and we'll all be safe and healthy to see Lamar Jackson win multiple SBs!
Here in NZ, lockdown ending Wednesday at midnight for most, schools following Monday then bars next Thursday.
Numbers are good last several weeks but I'm hunkering down for another month or so, at least. Need to see what will come out of opening the shit up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's no good to have a false sense of bravado and go out massless commingling with fellow humans at this time. I am careful because I'm on the older side of the ledger and I'm diabetic to boot. So, I'm at risk clearly.

People downplaying the virus are imbeciles - it literally eats you from the inside - even those who recover from critical care are now often finding they have holes in their lungs etc

It’s a nasty virus

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here in NZ, lockdown ending Wednesday at midnight for most, schools following Monday then bars next Thursday.
Numbers are good last several weeks but I'm hunkering down for another month or so, at least. Need to see what will come out of opening the shit up.

Our restrictions are supposedly easing slightly on Wednesday but government messaging through the press has created this idea that we’re through the worst of it

I’m fully expecting us here in the uk to get a 2nd peak

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

you don't even need to go out to the grocery store, just use Instacart and they will deliver. Just make sure you put down an alternative if they don't have what you want.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
you don't even need to go out to the grocery store, just use Instacart and they will deliver. Just make sure you put down an alternative if they don't have what you want.
Oh I do use Insta cart to shop from Costco but there are some things that I have to go to the local grocery store for like meds, veggies etc.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
By the way, Lamar is the man! Not because he did something recently that was dope, but because he's our QB AAAANNNNDDD I wanted to keep this thread on topic.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Our restrictions are supposedly easing slightly on Wednesday but government messaging through the press has created this idea that we’re through the worst of it

I’m fully expecting us here in the uk to get a 2nd peak
this will happen here as well with states easing restrictions and people wanting to get out.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
By the way, Lamar is the man! Not because he did something recently that was dope, but because he's our QB AAAANNNNDDD I wanted to keep this thread on topic.
my favorite QB of all time was the Snake. Not because he was the best, but he was just the Man. Lamar is entering that stratosphere and by that I mean competing with my favorite QB of all time. Shame he had to die to make the HOF and for two reasons. The first is due to the HoF being a sham. The 2nd would have missing out on one hell of a speech!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
my favorite QB of all time was the Snake. Not because he was the best, but he was just the Man. Lamar is entering that stratosphere and by that I mean competing with my favorite QB of all time. Shame he had to die to make the HOF and for two reasons. The first is due to the HoF being a sham. The 2nd would have missing out on one hell of a speech!
He's getting there with me as well. You know who else seems to like Lamar more than they're willing to say? Chiefs fans. @JAAM 's up to something when he says that Chiefs fans are obsessed with Lamar. I gotta admit, it takes some dedication to make every Lamar tweet about themselves and/or Mahomes. Here's the latest example that I saw. Whew.......they love our boy which is cool because I like Mahomes too.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
He's getting there with me as well. You know who else seems to like Lamar more than they're willing to say? Chiefs fans. @JAAM 's up to something when he says that Chiefs fans are obsessed with Lamar. I gotta admit, it takes some dedication to make every Lamar tweet about themselves and/or Mahomes. Here's the latest example that I saw. Whew.......they love our boy which is cool because I like Mahomes too.

Thank you. I let them know how odd it is on YouTube as well when I go back and watch highlights of Lamar and lo and behold, a Chiefs fan brings up their team or Mahomes. I share the exact same sentiment as Adam.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Rent free

But my guess is it’s because they just won a championship for the first time in like 50 years and yet somehow they still aren’t the story of the nfl in that same season

Also their social media content from their team is lacklustre and infrequent so probably that factors in too