• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Rent free

But my guess is it’s because they just won a championship for the first time in like 50 years and yet somehow they still aren’t the story of the nfl in that same season

Also their social media content from their team is lacklustre and infrequent so probably that factors in too
Makes sense since our social media content is on point. I'm becoming more serious when I say that Lamar should consider getting into real estate post-NFL because his innate ability to live inside people's heads is quite remarkable to say the least.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Same with browns fans who seem to constantly bring up 0-2... lol - get to the playoffs first lol
Ahhh yes, Browns fans. You know, I've slightly changed my mind about them. For awhile, I found them downright annoying. Now? They're annoying but also entertaining. During these hard times, we all cherish every moment we get to laugh at something we see, heard, both, whatever. From time to time, Browns fans will say some shit that makes me laugh kinda like the tweet that this gentleman replies to. LMAOOOO.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can't wait for Kelce to get popped by Queen or Harrison coming over the middle. He'll learn to stfu real quick when talking about us.

the defence was not humming the way it was later in the year when we played the chiefs last year - no peters, no chuck starting, still had peanut as the mike

i would love to see them beat up on the chiefs offensive skill guys - we got beat by demarcus robinson last year - this year we go 4 deep at corner and the safety duo is better - as is the front 7

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
the defence was not humming the way it was later in the year when we played the chiefs last year - no peters, no chuck starting, still had peanut as the mike

i would love to see them beat up on the chiefs offensive skill guys - we got beat by demarcus robinson last year - this year we go 4 deep at corner and the safety duo is better - as is the front 7

Yeah, I hope we knock them in the mouth when we play week 3. Even though it probably won't happen, I would just love to embarrass them on national TV.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I hope we knock them in the mouth when we play week 3. Even though it probably won't happen, I would just love to embarrass them on national TV.
The X factor in that game for me will be CEH if he ends up winning the starting job, which he probably will. We'll be ready for Mahomes airing it out deep, but if Queen/whomever can't contain CEH out of the backfield then we'll be in for a long day

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The X factor in that game for me will be CEH if he ends up winning the starting job, which he probably will. We'll be ready for Mahomes airing it out deep, but if Queen/whomever can't contain CEH out of the backfield then we'll be in for a long day

I feel pretty good about Queen being able to sniff out any HB screens since he seemed to excel in that at LSU. If they line up CEH as a WR then that could cause issues, but they probably wouldn't want to do that too often with how much we blitz.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Queen should make light work of CEH. He out athletes him by a mile and CEH isn’t exactly a power runner either, and Queen is one of the smartest, most heads up LBs I’ve ever watched and he won’t be getting exposed in coverage.

The issue there is scheme, we can NOT do what we always do and send our options to cover the screen/dump in for the blitz, that’s been one of the weakest points of our defense and it can’t happen against Andy Reid because nobody can dial it up like him, he’s made a hall of fame career out of selling out to occupy every defender with deep routes and encouraging a blitz and getting wide open screens, and that’s exactly what they did to take away our last chance to come back last year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
On Third-and-5+ plays last season, Lamar Jackson threw a pass to the first down line 44 times. He was accurate on 26 of those throws. His 59.1 accuracy percentage ranked eighth amongst all qualifying quarterbacks.

Fahey breaks down eleven of those plays, with gifs and stills. Beautiful stuff. You want to look at this.

BTW, when Fahey says "to the first down line", that's in contrast to throwing short of the sticks and letting the receiver pick up the first via YAC, a la Ray Rice on 4th & 29. Fahey is focusing specifically on plays where the QB passed for the first down.

(One of them is the play where Chris Moore steps OOB. Fahey logs this as an accurate throw and a careless play by the WR – which I think we'd all agree with. In general he tries to separate out the QB play from the receiver play. So if a WR drops it, it still counts as an accurate throw. And if a WR makes a miracle rescue, it still counts as an inaccurate throw.)

Five of Jackson's 26 accurate throws to the first down line from behind the down-and-distance on third downs came in the Titans game.

I'm not buying this "the Titans solved Lamar" narrative, and you shouldn't either.

You can find the link to the article, here.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Fahey breaks down eleven of those plays, with gifs and stills. Beautiful stuff. You want to look at this.

BTW, when Fahey says "to the first down line", that's in contrast to throwing short of the sticks and letting the receiver pick up the first via YAC, a la Ray Rice on 4th & 29. Fahey is focusing specifically on plays where the QB passed for the first down.

(One of them is the play where Chris Moore steps OOB. Fahey logs this as an accurate throw and a careless play by the WR – which I think we'd all agree with. In general he tries to separate out the QB play from the receiver play. So if a WR drops it, it still counts as an accurate throw. And if a WR makes a miracle rescue, it still counts as an inaccurate throw.)

I'm not buying this "the Titans solved Lamar" narrative, and you shouldn't either.

You can find the link to the article, here.
Let's say the norm continued that game and we were able to convert every 3rd and 4th and short. This narrative would've vanished in a New York minute.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Let's say the norm continued that game and we were able to convert every 3rd and 4th and short. This narrative would've vanished in a New York minute.
I'd like to watch that game on replay and in replay, we would make all the catches. Anyone want to watch that game with me.