• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer

to_all_the_papyton_shippers_by_hakike__guro-db0ochf.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As much as Chris Simms tried to skirt the issue, the truth is Lamar Jackson has done things no other QB has ever done before in the history of the game. Come on Chris! Mahomes did things that has never been done before last year? Seriously? After what Lamar did? STFU and stop pussy footing around to try to have and eat the cake too buddy! Lamar is already the best player in football and is going to get into the MJ stratosphere in the next few years. Period. I don't want to hear another fucking word from you Simms.

Oh and Watson is #3 with LJ at #5? Who the fuck do you think you are punk?
Dude Chris Simms has been one of Lamar’s biggest supporters in the media since Louisville. He was his #1 qb in the 2018 draft and he was ready to die on that hill, and he’s spoke nothing but highly of him since coming out, iirc he’s one of the biggest preachers of “you can’t just scheme to stop him” like so many people suggest.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dude Chris Simms has been one of Lamar’s biggest supporters in the media since Louisville. He was his #1 qb in the 2018 draft and he was ready to die on that hill, and he’s spoke nothing but highly of him since coming out, iirc he’s one of the biggest preachers of “you can’t just scheme to stop him” like so many people suggest.
Then why in the fuck did he put him at #5? No he likes to have the cake and eat it too. Screw that SOB. He puts my non-biological son at #5 when he is the greatest likeness of MJ since MJ it is blasphemy in my book. Either you are all the way in on Lamar or you are an A-hole in my book. Sorry @JoeyFlex5 I can't handle disrespect even by people perceived to be previously respectful. They either bow fully and unequivocally to the mastery and greatness of Lamar Jackson or not at all.

Then why in the fuck did he put him at #5? No he likes to have the cake and eat it too. Screw that SOB. He puts my non-biological son at #5 when he is the greatest likeness of MJ since MJ it is blasphemy in my book. Either you are all the way in on Lamar or you are an A-hole in my book. Sorry @JoeyFlex5 I can't handle disrespect even by people perceived to be previously respectful. They either bow fully and unequivocally to the mastery and greatness of Lamar Jackson or not at all.

He needs to win a playoff game to be compared to MJ.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He put people like pat mahomes and Aaron Rodgers and russel Wilson ahead of him, the only qb he ranked ahead which could be considered blasphemy is deshaun Watson

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
tbf when i watched that i nearly rage quit when i saw deshaun - im fine with the other 3 but deshaun made zero sense there

Mahomes, Lamar and Watson is the new generation in the AFC. The gap between mahomes to lamar can be that of lamar to Watson. I’m fine with grouping all 3 together and see the rankings flip flops for debates.

The NFL schedulers knows this. We’ll always be seeing our team vs mahomes and Watson led teams every season now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Mahomes, Lamar and Watson is the new generation in the AFC. The gap between mahomes to lamar can be that of lamar to Watson. I’m fine with grouping all 3 together and see the rankings flip flops for debates.

The NFL schedulers knows this. We’ll always be seeing our team vs mahomes and Watson led teams every season now.

as long as all 3 win their divisions they are guaranteed to face each other every year

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
as long as all 3 win their divisions they are guaranteed to face each other every year

It’s kind of a cool narrative.
The AFC is led by the new generation.
(Mahomes, Lamar, Watson)
The NFC is led by the future HoFers.
(Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson)

This season should be fun.
(Covid can stop now please).

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
He needs to win a playoff game to be compared to MJ.
Oh no I am only comparing his to the MJ of the Detroit Pistons bad boys era. 1984-87 time frame when he was still putting together his mid range jump shot, his unstoppable fade away and his defense. Once he put all that together he became the MJ you are referring to dear sir.

Tyler

Practice Squad
Just food for thought, The same stooges that LOVE to hate and dismiss Lamar Jackson’s accomplishments and point to his 0-2 Playoff record at age 23 are the same stooges that most definitely felt the same way about Michael Jordan when his team got SWEPT in the first round of the playoffs his first two years in the League.... After watching the last dance I just couldn’t stop seeing similarities with doubters and “I need to be right” guys.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just food for thought, The same stooges that LOVE to hate and dismiss Lamar Jackson’s accomplishments and point to his 0-2 Playoff record at age 23 are the same stooges that most definitely felt the same way about Michael Jordan when his team got SWEPT in the first round of the playoffs his first two years in the League.... After watching the last dance I just couldn’t stop seeing similarities with doubters and “I need to be right” guys.
I literally lived the 'last dance' because I was the biggest MJ fan ever! I don't believe having missed a single MJ game after that Detroit phase of course. I remember the hate he got (very similar to the hate LJ receives right now), was never given credit and called too selfish and only a dunker (in LJ's case a RB), etc. It is eerily identical to LJ's trajectory. Supreme talent that has never been seen before but hard to put your arms around and grasp in its entirely. It is much easier to rally around another great player who is the link between great pocket passers to the modern game such as Mahomes. They can see their old heroes in Patrick is why they rally around him and call him the best. BTW that is what they called Isaiah Thomas during those early MJ days. Isaiah(85-89) was Patrick Mahomes of 2018-2020. MJ's trajectory went just like Lamar's till he put his entire game together. Then he became MJ the most famous athlete in the world. LJ is going to get there in a few years and the gap between him and players like Mahomes, Watson and the rest will be so great we'll think back on these days with remarkable wonder - how could we even think that these guys were on the same planet as LJ? Thank you for your indulgence in reading through my honest and prescient diatribe.