• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar is more poised, i can agree with that. Pat def has the better vision though. Ive seen lamar miss too many wide open targets running across the field. You dont see that from pat. Both great qbs in their own way but pat arm talent is just too superior to everyone elses

not saying lamar's perfect but you very much do see that from pat mahomes too - he has a penchant for making miracles that make up for it a lot but he does miss reads and miss throws

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar is more poised, i can agree with that. Pat def has the better vision though. Ive seen lamar miss too many wide open targets running across the field. You dont see that from pat. Both great qbs in their own way but pat arm talent is just too superior to everyone elses
The difference there is that deep reads are often the first read and the read the play is designed around in Andy Reid’s offense, and in our offense those missed deep reads are often clear routes and the last read in the play.

and this discussion is entirely disregarding what Lamar does with his legs

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Expect Duvernay to be the secret weapon unleashed upon the Chiefs tomorrow night. They'll be focused on Brown and Mandrews and Duvernay will burn them repeatedly. This is going to be a game where there will be bombs galore and not by who you think, but by Lamar Jackson.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Expect Duvernay to be the secret weapon unleashed upon the Chiefs tomorrow night. They'll be focused on Brown and Mandrews and Duvernay will burn them repeatedly. This is going to be a game where there will be bombs galore and not by who you think, but by Lamar Jackson.

i hope we've been holding duvernay back - he's not had many snaps on offence but he's had a couple of plays in early drives where they've designed a play around him which tells me that he's part of the plan

was surprised he only got 6 snaps against the texans - but he's looked so fast in his limited snaps

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i hope we've been holding duvernay back - he's not had many snaps on offence but he's had a couple of plays in early drives where they've designed a play around him which tells me that he's part of the plan

was surprised he only got 6 snaps against the texans - but he's looked so fast in his limited snaps
I take you back to one of Lamar's pressers where he almost gave it away...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The difference there is that deep reads are often the first read and the read the play is designed around in Andy Reid’s offense, and in our offense those missed deep reads are often clear routes and the last read in the play.

and this discussion is entirely disregarding what Lamar does with his legs
No one is even in the same galaxy as lamar when it comes to his legs. I thought he was a better runner than vick even while in college. Got to nfl he making it look easier than in college lol..

Lamar is great, my fav nfl player ever already tbh. But just like when people were saying he was better than arod, i just couldnt and cant agree with that and its the same when compared to pat. Now, whose harder to stop? Def lamar so if we looking at it that way then i can agree with you. Idk man, i just dont see it. Now when the game is one im def talking shit saying “ best qb ever” but realistically i think pat is better. Not by a landslide though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No one is even in the same galaxy as lamar when it comes to his legs. I thought he was a better runner than vick even while in college. Got to nfl he making it look easier than in college lol..

Lamar is great, my fav nfl player ever already tbh. But just like when people were saying he was better than arod, i just couldnt and cant agree with that and its the same when compared to pat. Now, whose harder to stop? Def lamar so if we looking at it that way then i can agree with you. Idk man, i just dont see it. Now when the game is one im def talking shit saying “ best qb ever” but realistically i think pat is better. Not by a landslide though
I’ll put it this way, If I had to choose mahomes or Lamar, I’m taking Lamar, mahomes is special, but if the teammates are letting him down Lamar can put the entire team on his back and will us to a win, mahomes still needs the supporting cast more than Lamar needs one, and his supporting cast is the leagues best.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
All I‘ll say before tomorrow nights game is, but be nice to just throw it up and pray that someone from the legion of zoom comes down with it. Really wish Lamar had all those weapons

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
All I‘ll say before tomorrow nights game is, but be nice to just throw it up and pray that someone from the legion of zoom comes down with it. Really wish Lamar had all those weapons
Those weapons would be very different looking if pat wasnt the qb.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I’ll put it this way, If I had to choose mahomes or Lamar, I’m taking Lamar, mahomes is special, but if the teammates are letting him down Lamar can put the entire team on his back and will us to a win, mahomes still needs the supporting cast more than Lamar needs one, and his supporting cast is the leagues best.
His supporting cast seems like the best because of him. Tyreke too because he stretches the field but only pat can make those throws he does that goes To hill. You look at panthers, those guys have a nice supporting cast but teddy just sucks. Add in pat and they jump to #1

Reactions: cdp

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Those weapons would be very different looking if pat wasnt the qb.
Ehhhhh they sure made Alex Smith and Matt Moore look serviceable

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Realistically? I'll be as real as real can get. Pat isn't better, not even by a teeny weeny bit. On the contrary Lamar is better by a really wide margin. What Lamar can do and the way he sees the field, I don't believe Pat still can. Pat has more seasoned weapons but Lamar's weapons are growing with him. Hence the delay in registering with you my friend. Wait till Lamar's no name offensive weapons start jelling with him, then magic is going to ensue. Magic like you've never seen before. You'll regret this innocent post you made and feel so bad, you'll buy the entire forum dinner just out of head hanging shame, upon which we still won't forgive you!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
His supporting cast seems like the best because of him. Tyreke too because he stretches the field but only pat can make those throws he does that goes To hill. You look at panthers, those guys have a nice supporting cast but teddy just sucks. Add in pat and they jump to #1
They were rolling over teams with Alex Smith and the supporting cast has only gotten better since then. We had this same discussion like 2 weeks ago and gave all the same evidence and I guess you chose to ignore it. Plenty of qbs could take that chiefs team to a super bowl, pat isn’t the only qb who can throw a ball deep for tyreek hill to run under it.

and no, dj moore, Curtis Samuel, Robbie Anderson, Ian Thomas, and Christian mccaffrey, is nowhere close to tyreek hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, mecole hardman, Demarcus Robinson, and CEH. There is not another person on earth that would attempt to make that argument, you would be the first and last lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lets not forget Mahomes also has Andy Reid

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
They were rolling over teams with Alex Smith and the supporting cast has only gotten better since then. We had this same discussion like 2 weeks ago and gave all the same evidence and I guess you chose to ignore it. Plenty of qbs could take that chiefs team to a super bowl, pat isn’t the only qb who can throw a ball deep for tyreek hill to run under it.

and no, dj moore, Curtis Samuel, Robbie Anderson, Ian Thomas, and Christian mccaffrey, is nowhere close to tyreek hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, mecole hardman, Demarcus Robinson, and CEH. There is not another person on earth that would attempt to make that argument, you would be the first and last lol
They were never rolling over teams if alex smith never won anything lol. Id bet my money that if you took pat off kc and put him on panthers, panthers would be considered as a team with “ great weapons”, thats all im saying.. you remove pat off kc and put someone else there, that whole entire offense isnt as deadly as it once was. Hardman, watkins,robinson are not great players. Like cmon, pat and tyreke make those guys. Dj moore>watkins, robbie>hardman , cmc>ceh x100.. so that leaves hill and kelce whom are really the only weapons they have who we know can ball elsewhere.. panthers only popped up in my head cause they also have speed. I just dnt like how everyone throws shade on pat pretending like he really has stud wrs.

another example would be eagles, we dont hear media hyping up their weapons cause theyre losing but put pat on that team and all of a sudden “ they have the best supporting cast”.. same goes for cowboys, browns and bucs who are easily top 3 as far as supporting cast. Its just pat has weapons that best fit his skill set and hill fast ass run 100mph everywhere opening up everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdp