• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's about time....right.

Then again, look how long some organizations have gone without a franchise QB. Atleast Flacco kept us more than competitive....for most of his career and we did win a SB with him.

I would consider Flacco a franchise QB before his knee injury since he got us to the playoffs every year and, on top of that, we would win at least one playoff game just about every year. He was definitely inconsistent more than you would like, but obviously he was good enough to win with and to win a SB with.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would consider Flacco a franchise QB before his knee injury since he got us to the playoffs every year and, on top of that, we would win at least one playoff game just about every year. He was definitely inconsistent more than you would like, but obviously he was good enough to win with and to win a SB with.
In todays NFL I'm not sure though. His play style is and was more fitting for 00's and early 10's football. However we mostly had bad OCs during Flacco's tenure so we never know what could've have been. The last 15 SB winners all had true franchise qbs, Foles and Flacco played well above their normal levels.

It's early days against average competition but his completion % is up by 11% and typically you'd see a corresponding drop in ypa but that's up 2 yards vpy. Lets hope he can keep it up.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I absolutely do agree with that. It's also why @lost always hated James Hurst.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's early days against average competition but his completion % is up by 11% and typically you'd see a corresponding drop in ypa but that's up 2 yards vpy. Lets hope he can keep it up.

yeah the secondaries we played against havent been amazing so far but tbf lamar's been practicing against probably the best secondary in the league the last 2 years and one of the hardest defences to deal with schematically

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's impractical to expect that he keeps up the 77% completion rate. However if he can go into the high 60s or low 70s, with higher ypc it'll be phenomenal. I truly expect him to take off over the next few games where he throws 5+ TDs several times and has passer ratings over 150 multiple times this year....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's impractical to expect that he keeps up the 77% completion rate. However if he can go into the high 60s or low 70s, with higher ypc it'll be phenomenal. I truly expect him to take off over the next few games where he throws 5+ TDs several times and has passer ratings over 150 multiple times this year....

even high 60s would be unprecedented

Of course he can. Stop being a Lamar hater.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i know we dont wanna expose lamar to hits and so his runs tend to stay to the edge, but man he was DEADLY when he took the read option up the middle in 2018, theres so much less time to react because its 2 steps from mesh to LOS and with his acceleration hes already up by the safeties by the time anyone even sees hes keeping it, and even more importantly now, the inside keeper on the read option requires a strong outside run game which we have now but definitely did not have in 2018, with jk dobbins and our tackle tandem and pulling guards we could be absolutely unstoppable with that play call as long as we would commit to an outside zone look fairly often with dobbins.

i would love to see us just break out the read option up the gut with lamar and dobbins in the most important of games, for instance this monday if we desperately need it.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Considering how the run game has been, he has won both games by predominately using his arm. It is telling how he is finding what the defense is giving him. Our offense isn't even really in sync when you think about it.

Brown is coming by the way. He has taken over so far as Lamar's go to target now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Considering how the run game has been, he has won both games by predominately using his arm. It is telling how he is finding what the defense is giving him. Our offense isn't even really in sync when you think about it.

Brown is coming by the way. He has taken over so far as Lamar's go to target now.

I think Andrews is target number 1 still but they're very much 1a and 1b in this passing attack right now

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Andrews is target number 1 still but they're very much 1a and 1b in this passing attack right now

12 Targets for Brown and 9 Targets for Andrews so far. I wonder where they finish at the end of the year