• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Is it just me or has Lamar been all business on the field the last two games? I feel like he was having so much fun playing last year because they were rolling and he was just a little boy out there dominating in backyard football, but this year it seems he’s more serious. Idk, maybe I just haven’t seen all the wired stuff, but I remember Lamar having a blast on the sidelines, laughing it up with teammates but this year he seems more quiet and you can see the MJ/Kobe look in his eyes for that trophy. I’ll take either Lamar. I just thought it was interesting to monitor against Cleveland and in Houston. Can’t wait to see his demeanor Monday night

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Is it just me or has Lamar been all business on the field the last two games? I feel like he was having so much fun playing last year because they were rolling and he was just a little boy out there dominating in backyard football, but this year it seems he’s more serious. Idk, maybe I just haven’t seen all the wired stuff, but I remember Lamar having a blast on the sidelines, laughing it up with teammates but this year he seems more quiet and you can see the MJ/Kobe look in his eyes for that trophy. I’ll take either Lamar. I just thought it was interesting to monitor against Cleveland and in Houston. Can’t wait to see his demeanor Monday night

I believe I can remember them showing Lamar laughing with Hollywood during both games but I agree in general he's either a little more serious or they just aren't showing as much of the shenanigans. What's kinda crazy is regular season and playoffs combined, Lamar has only lost to 4 teams. Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans. He's lost to the Chiefs twice. I bet this feels like a baby Superbowl to him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the whole team was super serious last week. i felt stressed watching them.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I believe I can remember them showing Lamar laughing with Hollywood during both games but I agree in general he's either a little more serious or they just aren't showing as much of the shenanigans. What's kinda crazy is regular season and playoffs combined, Lamar has only lost to 4 teams. Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans. He's lost to the Chiefs twice. I bet this feels like a baby Superbowl to him.

He was also making fun of Ingram's celebration and said he "airballed the kick" lmao

It definitely seems like Lamar's more serious, but he's still having fun out there. I just think he's extra focused now and isn't going to ease up until we have a SB ring.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson is going to have an unbelievable 'Say my name' ( a la Ali) moment after this season to all those naysayers and doubters because there won't be an iota of doubt left that he is the best football player in the league by a wide margin.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m starting to get the feeling that Lamar is gonna prove himself To all the doubters this week, on primetime for everyone to see, he’s gonna carve up the chiefs defense almost entirely through the air, he’s gonna go shot for shot with mahomes and come out well ahead, maybe not in score(as in I’m not predicting a blowout but a win) but just in qb performance, Tuesday morning people are gonna finally be questioning if mahomes is actually the better qb or not, many excuses will be made but many minds will be changed, he’s gonna put a stamp on something Monday night, i just feel it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m starting to get the feeling that Lamar is gonna prove himself To all the doubters this week, on primetime for everyone to see, he’s gonna carve up the chiefs defense almost entirely through the air, he’s gonna go shot for shot with mahomes and come out well ahead, maybe not in score(as in I’m not predicting a blowout but a win) but just in qb performance, Tuesday morning people are gonna finally be questioning if mahomes is actually the better qb or not, many excuses will be made but many minds will be changed, he’s gonna put a stamp on something Monday night, i just feel it.
Don't you dare steal my prediction and pretend it's yours! I'm watching you....

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i hope we beat their ass mon and in playoffs.. however, mahommes will still be better the qb regardless. I really dont think kc can beat us twice. Their defense is not up to par in anyway. If we had earl and tavon still, i think our SB chances would pretty much guaranteed. Tbh i still think no one will be able to beat us unless its steelers. They have a better chance than kc imho

rossihunter2

Staff Member

tbf, outside of the playoffs, Lamar's been absolutely on fire in primetime games through his young career - what's to say that doesn't continue this Monday...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tbf, outside of the playoffs, Lamar's been absolutely on fire in primetime games through his young career - what's to say that doesn't continue this Monday...
theres just something different about doing it vs pat mahomes and the chiefs.

although you couldve said the same about doing it vs the undefeated patriots with their #1 defense, but then everyonere moved the goal posts and swore up and down belichick was just saving his hand for the playoffs, so maybe not...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i hope we beat their ass mon and in playoffs.. however, mahommes will still be better the qb regardless. I really dont think kc can beat us twice. Their defense is not up to par in anyway. If we had earl and tavon still, i think our SB chances would pretty much guaranteed. Tbh i still think no one will be able to beat us unless its steelers. They have a better chance than kc imho
what makes you say that though? mahomes has the better arm talent for sure, but the intangibles from the pocket are seriously up for debate, mahomes has shown a fair bit of panic and poor decision making throughout his career, aside from the game @pit and the playoff game last year lamar has looked like fucking prime brady as far as just being a totally composed smooth operator from the pocket, as far as the poise and patience and vision aspect of it there really isnt a qb that can hold a candle to lamar aside from russell wilson.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol, that "nah..."
That was a direct smack across that dude's face who was trying really hard to prop up Mahomes' passing. Don't forget this is the same dude who was nodding his head like an obedient pup when Polian suggested Lamar move to WR. Go back and watch that clip and you'll realize the bias against Lamar even from other black analysts like this one. If I were managing Lamar, he'd never give these dudes credibility by agreeing to a sit down interview with them and yes, I do understand this was part of the MNF program requirements. But, Lamar could've insisted that someone else interview him. Just my point of view.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
what makes you say that though? mahomes has the better arm talent for sure, but the intangibles from the pocket are seriously up for debate, mahomes has shown a fair bit of panic and poor decision making throughout his career, aside from the game @pit and the playoff game last year lamar has looked like fucking prime brady as far as just being a totally composed smooth operator from the pocket, as far as the poise and patience and vision aspect of it there really isnt a qb that can hold a candle to lamar aside from russell wilson.
Lamar is more poised, i can agree with that. Pat def has the better vision though. Ive seen lamar miss too many wide open targets running across the field. You dont see that from pat. Both great qbs in their own way but pat arm talent is just too superior to everyone elses