• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
No problem with a difference in opinion if it's substantiated. This we didn't try to build around Joe narrative is FALSE. Rice was re-signed as was his favorite target, Pitta. Tried to see what we had in Torrey and brought in SSS. Doss was supposed to be able to fill in for Boldin. It's not Ozzie's fault Ray went Knockout Kings and Pitta's hips turned to peanut brittle. Contracts were given out and a lot of dead money collapsed this team, combined with putting faith in a SLIGHTLY above average qb. People forget we also traded for a LT to try and help, followed by giving a new contract. In 13 there were only 2 pieces on offense that left, Birk and Boldin yet everything fell apart. Then people are mad the FO went defense heavy when they had to replace 2 safeties, 2 ILB, a pass rusher and some DL.

They gave minimal effort overall and in what they did do they failed, albeit some unfortunate circumstances. It’s indisputable that we’ve focused heavily on the other side of the ball and struggled
Through some horrendous coaching

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
No problem with a difference in opinion if it's substantiated. This we didn't try to build around Joe narrative is FALSE. Rice was re-signed as was his favorite target, Pitta. Tried to see what we had in Torrey and brought in SSS. Doss was supposed to be able to fill in for Boldin. It's not Ozzie's fault Ray went Knockout Kings and Pitta's hips turned to peanut brittle. Contracts were given out and a lot of dead money collapsed this team, combined with putting faith in a SLIGHTLY above average qb. People forget we also traded for a LT to try and help, followed by giving a new contract. In 13 there were only 2 pieces on offense that left, Birk and Boldin yet everything fell apart. Then people are mad the FO went defense heavy when they had to replace 2 safeties, 2 ILB, a pass rusher and some DL.
I want to point out that Flacco was the one banging on a table for Tandon Doss.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not really disagreeing with that but to say he’s potential HOF is a stretch I think.
Where have you been? Do you want me to give you a link of 100+ articles and such from media and analysts saying he’s a HoF? To think he’s not at least a borderline HoF is going against the grain at this point.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Where have you been? Do you want me to give you a link of 100+ articles and such from media and analysts saying he’s a HoF? To think he’s not at least a borderline HoF is going against the grain at this point.

Agree to disagree my friend.

Sorta off topic, but do you remember a discussion we had a while back this season. You starting to see what I was referring to?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d say neither are true candidates but Eli might get in just on name recognition and two rings where he was sort clutch
Eli for HoF is a joke, I’ll be pissed when he gets in because he probably will. But Rivers is absolutely a HoF worthy QB.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Rivers is a borderline HoF QB and the only reason it’s borderline is because he doesn’t have a ring. And you can’t even say Joe is more reliable than Rivers either because that man is tough as nails, just like Joe.

I like Joe and think he can go somewhere next year and succeed, but to say there isn’t a pretty good drop off from Rivers to Joe is very, very homer-ish. Rivers is a better QB than joe by a good distance but that’s not even a knock on joe. Rivers is possibly the most underrated QB of this generation.
And he is up on Joe by 3 in number of children.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe is definitely ELITE at making babies. If there was a HOF for that then he would be first ballot along with Antonio Cromartie and Rivers.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
ive got 20 at best i think in 2011
ive got 25 at worst in 2018

who dont you agree with in 2018?
I’d say maybe Browns and Bills are a stretch but in unreaskmable to include. But it’s also hard to compare because of how the league has developed and shifted heavy towards passing. It’s harder to discern great from good and good from average. But I don’t think the number of teams who are settled or optimistic to a degree at quarterback is drastically different from years past

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Rivers would instantly be in the conversation if he makes some noise in the playoffs this year. Right now though, I just don’t think anything about his career screams HOF. I’m not downing him but the HOF is about way more than just being really good.