• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

PurpleGecko

Practice Squad
Shit I was told it was constantly.

I’ve watched Joe every year he has played. I watch plenty of other teams play because of my family having a lot of fan diversity. Joe isn’t the most consistent or accurate but he’s certainly adequate and consistent enough to be a good quarterback. He has never had a team actually build around him like Ben and Rivers and other teams have done with good quarterbacks.
I agree that the front office has done a poor job in building a team around Joe however ever since 2014 his play has declined and we can't point to other factors as an excuse constantly. Sure this year his stats look better and outside the Panthers, Steelers, and browns game he's played well enough to win games. I love Joe but I am fully prepared to move on from him, either this year if Lamar plays like fire or next season. A change of scenery will probably be good for him too.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Unfortunately, that's not good enough to make us a competitive any longer. It's not only Joe but it starts from QB and coaching philosophy. We need to thank him and Harbaugh for what they've done in the past and move on. The sooner, the better, since we're couple years late already.

Joe is going to have a chance to really shine if he ever gets inserted into a REAL competent offensive system. I’d rather have that happen in Baltimore but I guess you’d rather see him go and watch Lamar get wrecked like a piñata for a couple years

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I agree that the front office has done a poor job in building a team around Joe however ever since 2014 his play has declined and we can't point to other factors as an excuse constantly. Sure this year his stats look better and outside the Panthers, Steelers, and browns game he's played well enough to win games. I love Joe but I am fully prepared to move on from him, either this year if Lamar plays like fire or next season. A change of scenery will probably be good for him too.

A poor job is an understatement. As someone who is in the business investment world, it’s ridiculous to tie $120 million one a guy and then invest the rest of your time and money into the opposite side of the ball. No other team outside of the Colts has been worse at building around their franchise quarterback. Then us.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I’m not a Joe homer. If we would have drafted someone like Mahomes last year or had the option of a bunch of other quarterbacks in the league right now there’s plenty of take over Joe. I just have zero faith in Lamar, running quarterbacks run pass option bullshit.
I dont like that run pass option shit neither.. thing about lamar is that he is hope lol.. he a rookie and none of us know what to expect so all we can do is hope lol.. im not for this rpo shit all game though. Dont wanna see him running the ball 10+ a game

PurpleGecko

Practice Squad
A poor job is an understatement. As someone who is in the business investment world, it’s ridiculous to tie $120 million one a guy and then invest the rest of your time and money into the opposite side of the ball. No other team outside of the Colts has been worse at building around their franchise quarterback. Then us.
I'm not disagreeing, but it's hard to deny that with the current team moving forward next season and beyond, it's just not smart to keep Joe. I'm a huge fan of Joe, I was in the 6th grade when he came into the league so I basically grew up with watching him play and for the past decade we've been lucky to know that for each season we knew who our guy was, but for the sake of improving the team and honestly for Joe extending his own career both sides need to move on from each other this offseason.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I'm not disagreeing, but it's hard to deny that with the current team moving forward next season and beyond, it's just not smart to keep Joe. I'm a huge fan of Joe, I was in the 6th grade when he came into the league so I basically grew up with watching him play and for the past decade we've been lucky to know that for each season we knew who our guy was, but for the sake of improving the team and honestly for Joe extending his own career both sides need to move on from each other this offseason.

You might be right in that both parties might want to move on but Joe has always wanted to retire a Raven. He’s put down roots here. Joe might be better off without the Ravens but I don’t think it’s safe to say we’d be better off without him.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
We havent seen any improvments from flacco. When i say improvements, im talking about your typical qb traits.. he has been inconsistent, inaccurate, bad clock management, doesnt read defenses, doesnt make pre snap adjusments and makes bad decisions...no improvements in any of those areas since he entered the lg.

Ridiculous. His pocket awareness has improved tremendously over the years. He developed more of a short passing game when Kubiak came. He’s gotten better at looking off safeties and recognizing blitzes. He isn’t perfect at any of that but to act like he’s exactly the same as he was as a rookie is just patently absurd.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ridiculous. His pocket awareness has improved tremendously over the years. He developed more of a short passing game when Kubiak came. He’s gotten better at looking off safeties and recognizing blitzes. He isn’t perfect at any of that but to act like he’s exactly the same as he was as a rookie is just patently absurd.
Yeah Joe improved for sure since his rookie year.
But let me ask you this: in the current and future NFL you can't win with a great defense constantly. You need your offense to put up points to keep up with the top tier teams. Joe Flacco doesn't suit this style of play. Defenses need to create turnovers they can't shutdown offenses for an entire game. For this reason you need a good offense. That's why I think we're better off with Jackson. I want to see us hoist the Lamardi throphy again.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

His pocket awareness has gone from trash to recyclable. As far as competent QB play, we know how difficult it is to find because we've been searching for it for the better part of about 6 years now. The fact you think he's on par with Ben or Rivers shows your lack of credibility. And I'll give Kubiak more credit than Joe for that season considering he's made Matt Schaub look good, as well as Brock and he won a SB with a broken Peyton.

Flacco still makes bad reads, misses open men and is late to to deliver the ball which is why it looks like he's throwing into tight windows. It's over for him past this year. I wish him the best on his next team.

And quick question since he's so good and hard to replace. Where would you rank Flacco among current QBs?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
then why did he run that lamar reverse straight into the blitz the other game?

Reactions: cdp

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lol lots of these guys here were once in your position a few yrs ago. They all had hope for joe trying take everything into account on why he plays bad lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
After analyzing this entire pointless argument I have come to a conclusion...

FUCK JOE
FUCK LAMAR
FUCK RG3

START WOODRUM

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
His pocket awareness has gone from trash to recyclable. As far as competent QB play, we know how difficult it is to find because we've been searching for it for the better part of about 6 years now. The fact you think he's on par with Ben or Rivers shows your lack of credibility. And I'll give Kubiak more credit than Joe for that season considering he's made Matt Schaub look good, as well as Brock and he won a SB with a broken Peyton.

Flacco still makes bad reads, misses open men and is late to to deliver the ball which is why it looks like he's throwing into tight windows. It's over for him past this year. I wish him the best on his next team.

And quick question since he's so good and hard to replace. Where would you rank Flacco among current QBs?

He’s somewhere in the 10-12 range currently but that’s sort of a backwards way of looking at it.

He’s got similar arm strength, accuracy, reading comprehension and limits as those two quarterbacks. I’d rank both higher currently but you can’t even begin to suggest for the past 5 years that the teams around all three have been equal.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Yeah Joe improved for sure since his rookie year.
But let me ask you this: in the current and future NFL you can't win with a great defense constantly. You need your offense to put up points to keep up with the top tier teams. Joe Flacco doesn't suit this style of play. Defenses need to create turnovers they can't shutdown offenses for an entire game. For this reason you need a good offense. That's why I think we're better off with Jackson. I want to see us hoist the Lamardi throphy again.

We have ZERO idea if Joe can perform at a high level because we’ve NEVER actually created a top flight offensive system to surround Joe with.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He’s somewhere in the 10-12 range currently but that’s sort of a backwards way of looking at it.

He’s got similar arm strength, accuracy, reading comprehension and limits as those two quarterbacks. I’d rank both higher currently but you can’t even begin to suggest for the past 5 years that the teams around all three have been equal.

Big Ben yes, but there are still signs in his play that indicate he's a better all around qb. Rivers has been in similar situations as Joe and still performed better. Rivers is one of the most underrated QBs, to me. Take away the past six years and you still have one of the most inconsistent QBs with Flacco and that's when we had an incredibly balanced team. No one outside of the Ravens fanbase is begging to having Flacco qb their team.