• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
such a nonsense headline - and for what it's worth PFT said those reports about being "far apart" in negotiations is not true - sources telling them the ravens and lamar haven't even got to the negotiating table yet...
Bro, Lamar and EDC are playing 5D chess right now. Send out nothing but conflicting reports to various outlets in order to buy time to negotiate a fair deal for both parties.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
such a nonsense headline - and for what it's worth PFT said those reports about being "far apart" in negotiations is not true - sources telling them the ravens and lamar haven't even got to the negotiating table yet...

Lol who knows what to believe. To many sources. The first link seems like standard off season click bait. I’m sure we’re a long way off from an unhappy Lamar. Only way I see him unhappy is next year, if we fail to invest around him , which seems highly unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is probably the most succinctly ive seen all of this put by from a non-ravens specific media entity

This is correct. We cannot go all the way and win a Super Bowl without better wide receivers. Hollywood is fine but hes a 3 on many teams with good receivers.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
this is probably the most succinctly ive seen all of this put by from a non-ravens specific media entity

Wow, Key was fantastic in this. Right on the money.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Look at AJ Brown, Diggs,etc. We have nothing close and must get one of these guys. You get someone like that and Hollywood will turn into a solid 2 easy.
I think people are forgetting that just as much as we need some solid wrs, we need lamar to improve in the passing game.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Look at AJ Brown, Diggs,etc. We have nothing close and must get one of these guys. You get someone like that and Hollywood will turn into a solid 2 easy.
True. I will say that EDC is insanely aggressive if the rumors about Nuk and Thielen were true. I’ve always said that no matter the price, EDC will get something done for all the cap guys out there that say it isn’t possible.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think people are forgetting that just as much as we need some solid wrs, we need lamar to improve in the passing game.

i mean obviously - but he really wasnt that bad - he had no time in the pocket and no one to throw to and still didn't shit the bed - in 2019 when he had time in the pocket he was the MVP even though his top 3 receivers were Willie Snead, Seth Roberts and rookie Hollywood with screws in his foot...

so i'd like to see Lamar make even more strides in the passing game, but i think we have to not repeat the mistakes of the post-2012 flacco era and make sure we actually build around him - which means giving him an offensive line that can actually pass protect when we dropback to pass, and giving him WRs that can beat man coverage - we had neither of those things this year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
True. I will say that EDC is insanely aggressive if the rumors about Nuk and Thielen were true. I’ve always said that no matter the price, EDC will get something done for all the cap guys out there that say it isn’t possible.
this is what ive been saying all offseason, eric is not ozzie, he is aggressive and he can and will figure out ways to make less likely moves happen, even if it hurts us a few years from now

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is what ive been saying all offseason, eric is not ozzie, he is aggressive and he can and will figure out ways to make less likely moves happen, even if it hurts us a few years from now

As much as I'll always love Ozzie, it's been refreshing to see EDC make these aggressive pushes for impact players. It's nice knowing that at any time we can potentially add the "missing piece" to this team that puts us over the edge and gets us another championship. And yeah, these types of moves can hurt the team down the road, but as long as EDC is drafting well and making the right FA moves then it's definitely worth the gamble.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

no idea what this stat actually means lol but the thread of the stat is interesting

You know watching this Lamar video I have to say he may not have the arm of Joe but he is a better passer overall except maybe for those outside throws. And the OL pass blocking was horrendous this year.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

no idea what this stat actually means lol but the thread of the stat is interesting

Holy shit. There were some beautifully thrown balls in there from Lamar. If he can just be more consistent he’d be absolutely terrifying. God I hope he works with Palmer this off-season and we get him more weapons and more protection so casuals can stfu.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You know watching this Lamar video I have to say he may not have the arm of Joe but he is a better passer overall except maybe for those outside throws. And the OL pass blocking was horrendous this year.
Idk about this one. Joe was inconsistent af but lamar is inconsistent with his accuracy. Both are probably equal imo.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean obviously - but he really wasnt that bad - he had no time in the pocket and no one to throw to and still didn't shit the bed - in 2019 when he had time in the pocket he was the MVP even though his top 3 receivers were Willie Snead, Seth Roberts and rookie Hollywood with screws in his foot...

so i'd like to see Lamar make even more strides in the passing game, but i think we have to not repeat the mistakes of the post-2012 flacco era and make sure we actually build around him - which means giving him an offensive line that can actually pass protect when we dropback to pass, and giving him WRs that can beat man coverage - we had neither of those things this year

Ugh 2013... Marlon Brown and Jacoby Jones were starting WR's. Poor Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk