• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i know he hasn't posted it yet - but iirc i think daniel jones was in the top 2 or 3 in terms of deep ball accuracy in 2020 (might have even been top)

so it's a surprising list all around
Daniel Jones was 13th. He was 13 of 39.

Avg for charted QBs was 41.1% and Mahomes was 41.2%

Stafford was 18th
Brady was 19th
Allen was 20th
last was Burrow

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
now that's interesting. I thought he was really bad at deep shots last season.

For those people that "used to" think we should trade Watson for Jackson, he was 8th.
Thats really not a bad trade.. id keep jackson for personal reasons but im sure more would trade for watson in a heartbeat

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thats really not a bad trade.. id keep jackson for personal reasons but im sure more would trade for watson in a heartbeat
I absolutely would rather have Jackson, but Watson is very talented as well. He needs to get out from under all of these charges though, if they aren't true. I'm not taking sides on the issue because I don't know one way or the other.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

This is really surprising ...

Russell Wilson 16th 31-70
Patrick Mahomes 17th 28-68

To me that just shows that the stat is not relevant to how good the QB is at the thing being measured because Mahomes has the best deep ball in NFL (save for maybe Rodgers) and I do not think anyone would argue that point.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk about that tbh - they play the position differently - so it's fair to say you prefer that flavour of QB but idk that you could definitively call watson a better qb at this point

I could. Watson is one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL. I would not say that about Lamar. I am not saying he cannot be but only that there is a solid gap.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To me that just shows that the stat is not relevant to how good the QB is at the thing being measured because Mahomes has the best deep ball in NFL (save for maybe Rodgers) and I do not think anyone would argue that point.

idk - i mahomes probably throws the longest deep ball (maybe josh allen can throw it further but idk that it matters lol) and he can do amazing things with his arm strength and arm talent generally

but russell wilson and aaron rodgers are the 2 i'd say are the best deep ball throwers in the league right now - in terms of deep ball throwing i'd also have deshaun watson, kyler murray and probably matt stafford ahead of mahomes as actual deep ball throwers right now

so i guess i would argue that point lol

there's more to deep ball throwing than just having a cannon and an offence with a ton of fast guys

mahomes is pretty special - but it's not because he's an amazing deep ball thrower tbh

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
idk - i mahomes probably throws the longest deep ball (maybe josh allen can throw it further but idk that it matters lol) and he can do amazing things with his arm strength and arm talent generally

but russell wilson and aaron rodgers are the 2 i'd say are the best deep ball throwers in the league right now - in terms of deep ball throwing i'd also have deshaun watson, kyler murray and probably matt stafford ahead of mahomes as actual deep ball throwers right now

so i guess i would argue that point lol

there's more to deep ball throwing than just having a cannon and an offence with a ton of fast guys

mahomes is pretty special - but it's not because he's an amazing deep ball thrower tbh
Yea i agree:. Those two have had the best deep ball on lock for last couple yrs..

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could. Watson is one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL. I would not say that about Lamar. I am not saying he cannot be but only that there is a solid gap.

Lol, Watson is barely better than Lamar, and that’s being nice.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
totally agree. I actually think Wilson and Mahomes would be tops in deep ball, but have them rated 16th and 17th is surprising in the least.