• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
People fucking HATE when they aren’t able to force their beliefs on you
Have to disagree. People have every right and in fact should criticize popular figures for speaking out against vaccines. The anti-vaxx movement has done real damage, up to and including the death of children. And people turning down or politicizing the covid vaccine are just causing it to stick around longer.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Have to disagree. People have every right and in fact should criticize popular figures for speaking out against vaccines. The anti-vaxx movement has done real damage, up to and including the death of children. And people turning down or politicizing the covid vaccine are just causing it to stick around longer.
The covid vaccine has been proven to not prevent transmission, fully vaccinated people are catching and spreading covid. It’s not even a scientifically proper vaccine, it doesn’t grant true immunity, it’s entirely at your own risk and nobody else’s to decline it. I’m not gonna get into it too deeply behind that, I’m not an anti vaxxer, but as far as this one goes, respectfully, vaccinate these nuts, amigo.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
People want a bunch of hive minded parrots while spouting bs about individuality.
Can’t stand it, the internet’s a goddamn echo chamber because anyone who dares ask questions gets banished to fucktown and removed from any algorithm that could put their posts/content on anyone’s TL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Then it just gets political. Like Jesus Christ. I just want to talk about some football. Who gives a sh!t if Queen shared a story from Beasley about the vaccine. All of the sudden he’s an arrogant piece of shit and gets personally attacked. I don’t know why I put myself through the fucking hell hole that is Reddit
I’m about to be a hypocrite because I’m talking about this shit right now, but I like my sports and world topics separate, like church and state.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The covid vaccine has been proven to not prevent transmission, fully vaccinated people are catching and spreading covid. It’s not even a scientifically proper vaccine, it doesn’t grant true immunity, it’s entirely at your own risk and nobody else’s to decline it. I’m not gonna get into it too deeply behind that, I’m not an anti vaxxer, but as far as this one goes, respectfully, vaccinate these nuts, amigo.
The vaccine greatly reduces the catch rate and symptoms of covid. If a large percentage of the population it will effectively destroy covid as we know it.

The CDC, just about every reliable news source,the vast majority of the medical community, and even Donald fucking Trump (who would normally happily play up conspiracy theories that his supporters like) all support the vaccine.

And a more direct source:
Importantly, Mark Thompson from the CDC COVID-19 Response Team and colleagues also showed that the vaccines were highly effective at reducing viral load, febrile symptoms, and the duration of illness among individuals who developed breakthrough infections despite having been vaccinated.

The large prospective study of almost 4,000 people found that full vaccination (with two doses) was 91% effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection, while partial vaccination (with one dose) was 81% effective.

Among those who became infected, partially or fully vaccinated individuals had a lower level of viral RNA, a lower risk of developing febrile symptoms and a reduced duration of illness compared with unvaccinated individuals.

The researchers say that if further data confirm that these vaccines reduce the viral load and, in turn, blunt the infectivity of SARS-CoV-2, this would suggest that the vaccines are not only highly effective at preventing infection, but could also reduce the impact of breakthrough infections.
https://www.news-medical.net/amp/ne...-of-Pfizer-and-Moderna-COVID-19-vaccines.aspx

Or as one person put it, when a bunch of rich old white folks are in line for something then you probably want to be in that line.

Last edited:

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’m not going to debate for or against the vaccine. People are entitled to their own opinions and whether or not they’re feel comfortable enough to take it.

My point is solely on Lamar. Look, if you really followed Lamar’s social accounts and all that, it shouldn’t be a surprise if he’s not taking the vaccine.

The problem I see is the backlash he gets for his own personal choice. Even though he chooses not to talk about it, knowing his distrust in the vaccine will only cause a media circus and unwanted distraction to the team... people still harp on him for not conforming and taking it.

I understand if he took the Beasley route and just spew his reasons on not taking the vaccine.. that would be irresponsible since a lot of kids look up to him. But I think it’s fine if he doesn’t want to take it and just remain silent on the matter.

I just hate how this society got so “you’re either with us or against us” type of way.

/rant

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not going to debate for or against the vaccine. People are entitled to their own opinions and whether or not they’re feel comfortable enough to take it.

My point is solely on Lamar. Look, if you really followed Lamar’s social accounts and all that, it shouldn’t be a surprise if he’s not taking the vaccine.

The problem I see is the backlash he gets for his own personal choice. Even though he chooses not to talk about it, knowing his distrust in the vaccine will only cause a media circus and unwanted distraction to the team... people still harp on him for not conforming and taking it.

I understand if he took the Beasley route and just spew his reasons on not taking the vaccine.. that would be irresponsible since a lot of kids look up to him. But I think it’s fine if he doesn’t want to take it and just remain silent on the matter.

I just hate how this society got so “you’re either with us or against us” type of way.

/rant
Eh, it's not exactly new. Even long before social media you had groups cancelling things, usually with the excuse of thinking of the children or patriotism as the reason.

As far as Lamar goes, I wouldn't worry too much. He probably gets thousands of tweets directed at him. This backlash likely only makes up like ten percent or less of those tweets.

Also give it a week and another Cole Beasley like post will pop up from someone else and everyone will forget about any comment from Lamar.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I don't think we're hiding Lamar. This video of him throwing a duck originated with the BR media folks. Everyone knows Lamar struggles at times with a spiral but clearly hasn't stopped him from being successful. Probably scheme related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like, I get it, it's divisional trash talk but the Lamar-led offense has scored at least 25 points in each game against the Browns. It'd make more sense if this was a Steelers account since Lamar has struggled BIGLY against the Steelers but whatever.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lamar and Queen aren’t very popular on Reddit at the moment for their stance on the vaccine/declining to answer a question about it. Why is Reddit full of tough, keyboard warriors that'll personally attack you the instant you disagree with them?
Fuck them (the keyboard warriors). Their personal decisions is just that....and I respect them for doing what they think it's right.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like, I get it, it's divisional trash talk but the Lamar-led offense has scored at least 25 points in each game against the Browns. It'd make more sense if this was a Steelers account since Lamar has struggled BIGLY against the Steelers but whatever.

Lamar has owned the Browns since coming into the league. All they have to get excited about is he doesn't throw a pretty ball

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Idc if lamar gets the vaccine or not. At this point i hope he dont get if he dnt wanna. People upset cause he dnt wanna get vaccinated? Good, continue to cry and complain...Like how does that upset you frfr? He already had covid and like the vaccine, im sure they dnt even know how long the antibodies in your system last...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The vaccine greatly reduces the catch rate and symptoms of covid. If a large percentage of the population it will effectively destroy covid as we know it.

The CDC, just about every reliable news source,the vast majority of the medical community, and even Donald fucking Trump (who would normally happily play up conspiracy theories that his supporters like) all support the vaccine.

And a more direct source:

https://www.news-medical.net/amp/ne...-of-Pfizer-and-Moderna-COVID-19-vaccines.aspx

Or as one person put it, when a bunch of rich old white folks in line for something then you probably want to be in that line.
Ok so if I’ve already had covid and I have a fully functional and strong immune system as does my family, and it’s only there to reduce symptoms and not to stop transmission, then why should you or anyone else give a shit whether I have it or not? Get it yourself and stfu about it, because frankly I don’t care anymore if you all have a problem with how I’m living. I fell in line for all of it, I promoted conformity from the start with covid, but you aren’t forcing me to get 2 doses of a vaccine that gives me no outlet for injury compensation and hasn’t been through the proper testing. Fuck out my face with it.

I will reiterate, it’s AT MY OWN RISK. This isn’t MMRV or smallpox vaccines, where it effectively kills transmission, whether or not I get the vaccine has no effect on those around me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No, it's not perfect, but less likely to get very sick, hospitalized and die from it. No vaccine gives 100% proof.

That being said, If someone doesn't want to get a vaccine, that is their prerogative. As long as they aren't getting a vaccine based on fake news.

We need to keep be careful in this thread and not steer it off that much.

Now, back to Lamar and how he is the greatest QB of all time and the next MJ @Ellicottraven

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Ok so if I’ve already had covid and I have a fully functional and strong immune system as does my family, and it’s only there to reduce symptoms and not to stop transmission, then why should you or anyone else give a shit whether I have it or not? Get it yourself and stfu about it, because frankly I don’t care anymore if you all have a problem with how I’m living. I fell in line for all of it, I promoted conformity from the start with covid, but you aren’t forcing me to get 2 doses of a vaccine that gives me no outlet for injury compensation and hasn’t been through the proper testing. Fuck out my face with it.

I will reiterate, it’s AT MY OWN RISK. This isn’t MMRV or smallpox vaccines, where it effectively kills transmission, whether or not I get the vaccine has no effect on those around me.
AMEN!!

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar did the right thing, plain and simple. Whether or not he (or anyone) got vaccinated is ultimately his choice, and he owes it to nobody to say whether he did or didn't. It's just a few weirdos who want to over-analyze and suck the joy out of life at any chance they get. However, if he went about it in a way similar to Beasley, then you do open yourself up to (warranted) criticism.

Lamar is a bright, young, smart kid

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, it's not perfect, but less likely to get very sick, hospitalized and die from it. No vaccine gives 100% proof.

That being said, If someone doesn't want to get a vaccine, that is their prerogative. As long as they aren't getting a vaccine based on fake news.

We need to keep be careful in this thread and not steer it off that much.

Now, back to Lamar and how he is the greatest QB of all time and the next MJ @Ellicottraven
So, @RavensMania I simply have to reiterate that Lamar Jackson is indeed the next great sports superstar in the Michael Jordan and Lionel Messi mold. He is also the Simone Byles of the NFL. One of one, a unicorn, a man much scorned like Jesus was and MJ was in his early years. These stalwarts of sport take time to transcend the sport they participate in, but when they do they soar to heights hitherto unknown to mankind. Lamar Jackson who has been subliminally vilified even by some posters here will eventually become the Oprah Winfrey of the sports world, universally acknowledged as 'The Lamar Jackson' in hushed tones the world over. Just wait a few years and get back to me with high praise for my wisdom and foresight.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lamar has owned the Browns since coming into the league. All they have to get excited about is he doesn't throw a pretty ball

It's straight up comedy when Bengals and DOLPHINS fans call Lamar a RB like this is some insult. They might not think it is, but it's a horrible case of self-ownage. Essentially what they admitted is both of these teams allowed a "RB" to have a perfect passer rating.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So, @RavensMania I simply have to reiterate that Lamar Jackson is indeed the next great sports superstar in the Michael Jordan and Lionel Messi mold. He is also the Simone Byles of the NFL. One of one, a unicorn, a man much scorned like Jesus was and MJ was in his early years. These stalwarts of sport take time to transcend the sport they participate in, but when they do they soar to heights hitherto unknown to mankind. Lamar Jackson who has been subliminally vilified even by some posters here will eventually become the Oprah Winfrey of the sports world, universally acknowledged as 'The Lamar Jackson' in hushed tones the world over. Just wait a few years and get back to me with high praise for my wisdom and foresight.
In a few years we won't say you had great wisdom and foresight. Anytime someone has a great call and was right on something unforseen we will call it 'Ellicottraven Vision' or 'ER vision' for short.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar and Queen aren’t very popular on Reddit at the moment for their stance on the vaccine/declining to answer a question about it. Why is Reddit full of tough, keyboard warriors that'll personally attack you the instant you disagree with them?

i mean i do get it - i wish they'd all advocate more people taking it

but based on lamar talking about getting with the receivers in florida (and the most recent NFL guidelines about unvaccinated offsite group workouts), that would suggest to me that he probably is at least planning to be vaccinated (or will be by the time he practices...)

it's worth noting he has been masked around the facility which would suggest he's not... but idk that he'll want to be separated from his team-mates around the building and when working out etc. which he will be if he isnt vaccinated...

i think the reason people get pissed off at people not taking it (when they dont have a religious or medical reason for not doing so) is that it's not just about helping yourself but helping those around you and the wider population generally - by getting the vaccine, you help protect those who would want but cant have the vaccine by helping to create herd immunity

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Then it just gets political. Like Jesus Christ. I just want to talk about some football. Who gives a sh!t if Queen shared a story from Beasley about the vaccine. All of the sudden he’s an arrogant piece of shit and gets personally attacked. I don’t know why I put myself through the fucking hell hole that is Reddit

i mean cole beasley is a selfish imbecile - so sharing his views is worrying