• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...r-jackson-has-the-weapons-to-take-next-step-a

I don't understand Polian’s obsession with Lamar Jackson, specifically Lamar taking the next step forward or back.... I think he is way off base based on the comments from Friday’s late for work.

We improved our offense but people seem to think we've suddenly give Lamar everything he needs to be the best QB he can be. While we've certainly improved all we really add was

1. A quality guard
2. A good WR in Watkins, but at best a WR2.
3. A talented, but unproven WR in our number one choice in Batemam
4. An intriguing WR in the 4th round but also very raw and unproven.
5. A solid addition at RG in Villenueva, but still a 32 year old who's body has been through a lot between legitimate war and the NFL.

Seems to me it's unfair to say we've suddenly given him everything he needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you and @Sizzle. The one thing that I disagree with is the signing of a quality guard. Zeitler is one of the best RG in the league and interior OL was our downfall last season and for the most part the reason Lamar didn't go through his progressions.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with you and @Sizzle. The one thing that I disagree with is the signing of a quality guard. Zeitler is one of the best RG in the league and interior OL was our downfall last season and for the most part the reason Lamar didn't go through his progressions.

Don’t forget to add we brought in hopefully another quality guard in Ben Cleveland via the draft

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
correct, which also should improve the center position indirectly.

Hell, center would be improved just by having a reliable snapper at the position. I’m sure that was another factor for Lamar’s regression… when you’re spending time pre-play wondering where the snap is gonna go then that obviously takes time and thought away from the necessary pre-snap processes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hell, center would be improved just by having a reliable snapper at the position. I’m sure that was another factor for Lamar’s regression… when you’re spending time pre-play wondering where the snap is gonna go then that obviously takes time and thought away from the necessary pre-snap processes

i honestly dont think that affected lamar at all outside of the actual botched snaps - he looked far more impacted pre-snap by the anticipation of pressure than the anticipation of a bad snap

both are issues and the poor snapping basically ended our season so it's definitely important - but i dont think it mentally impacted lamar (if anything i think it might impact him more this year because of the way his season ended with the concussion after mekari's bad snap)

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
i honestly dont think that affected lamar at all outside of the actual botched snaps - he looked far more impacted pre-snap by the anticipation of pressure than the anticipation of a bad snap

both are issues and the poor snapping basically ended our season so it's definitely important - but i dont think it mentally impacted lamar (if anything i think it might impact him more this year because of the way his season ended with the concussion after mekari's bad snap)

Um yeah I fully disagree. If you’re even taking a split second wondering if you’re about to be chasing the ball/jumping/diving for the ball due to a piss poor snap, or even taking a split second thinking about if you’re about to get your head taken off because of an awful snap… yeah, that’s a negative impact. No matter how big, it still throws you off

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Um yeah I fully disagree. If you’re even taking a split second wondering if you’re about to be chasing the ball/jumping/diving for the ball due to a piss poor snap, or even taking a split second thinking about if you’re about to get your head taken off because of an awful snap… yeah, that’s a negative impact. No matter how big, it still throws you off

i would agree - but i dont think we actually saw that effect play out whereas we did see lamar affected by other parts of the OL play throw him off

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
i would agree - but i dont think we actually saw that effect play out whereas we did see lamar affected by other parts of the OL play throw him off

Yeah and neither of us are psychics so neither of us actually know his thoughts, so either one of us could be right. Whatever it was hopefully things are remedied this year

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Fuck it, i wanna see lamar rush for 1k every year. I hope he ends his career with 7k rushing or even 8, along with 300+passing tds.. sounds crazy but vick ended his career with 6k and cam has around 5k. Flacco has 225 passing tds and i dnt think he ever threw for 30tds in a season.

jboy19

Pro Bowler

I feel like this could literally mean anything. Maybe his throws haven't looked great and they're hiding that? Maybe his throws have looked amazing and they want to catch people by surprise? Maybe Jamison is bullshitting us - Is he allowed to film McSorely and Huntley throwing the ball? Is this meant to hide the passing concepts and scheme changes? The reporters aren't allowed to report who is on the first team offense, second team offense, etc. - maybe this is an extension of that?

Raises a lot more questions than answers. I'm not even sure if it's worth reading into or not.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I feel like this could literally mean anything. Maybe his throws haven't looked great and they're hiding that? Maybe his throws have looked amazing and they want to catch people by surprise? Maybe Jamison is bullshitting us - Is he allowed to film McSorely and Huntley throwing the ball? Is this meant to hide the passing concepts and scheme changes? The reporters aren't allowed to report who is on the first team offense, second team offense, etc. - maybe this is an extension of that?

Raises a lot more questions than answers. I'm not even sure if it's worth reading into or not.
Well it definitely raises questions, the first being, what the fuck?

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Well it definitely raises questions, the first being, what the fuck?

What's interesting is the team posted video today of the practice highlights, but it seems oddly edited to break up the flight path or routes. Lots of choppy editing of the ball flying through the air or and video cropped to only show the receiver making the catch. I might be reading into this too much, but it's definitely weird.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What's interesting is the team posted video today of the practice highlights, but it seems oddly edited to break up the flight path or routes. Lots of choppy editing of the ball flying through the air or and video cropped to only show the receiver making the catch. I might be reading into this too much, but it's definitely weird.

That’s how the media team always edits their videos, this looks standard. It probably is a bunch of nothing, but I definitely HOPE that it’s just a bunch of nothing lol, weird way for Hensley to word that

jboy19

Pro Bowler
That’s how the media team always edits their videos, this looks standard. It probably is a bunch of nothing, but I definitely HOPE that it’s just a bunch of nothing lol, weird way for Hensley to word that

Feel like Jamison is making something out of nothing. None of the other media people had anything to say about it. I feel like it'd be odd for the team to hide poor throws. Lamar's been a starting QB for two and a half seasons and his throwing form really hasn't been a huge issue. Why bother starting now?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

@JAAM and i discussed this already in another thread but looks like hensley's spouting some bullshit to me - first few vids after he made that comment all had lamar throwing and all had receivers catching from lamar

and it makes me incredulous because they're clearly still filming lamar and the receivers and if they weren't, why the hell would they ever let that leak to jamison

rossihunter2

Staff Member

lol so many clips in this 1 minute vid alone that makes hensley's comment bullshit

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Sounds like what Hensley said is sort of true, but not exactly phrased right?

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sounds like what Hensley said is sort of true, but not exactly phrased right?

idk - it's possible - not sure what possible scheme we'd be given up by showing the normal bomb highlights where you dont see the route or the formation or anything - all you see is the ball leave lamar's hand and follow it through the air in slo-mo for 20 seconds before it lands in the receiver's hands...

and if this is all in reference to media in attendance filming team portions then that's nothing new - that has always been heavily restricted and they rarely allow recordings or photos of actual plays by media - only time i can remember is a couple of years ago in the jags joint-practices where they allowed media to record 5 plays of 11v11 on offence and defence

sounds like literally nothing new at all and jamison's bitter about something - jamison's saying that something's changed but clearly nothing has changed - media has only rarely been allowed to show video of non-individual drills

and in-house media does get to because they're in-house - jamison's out here making it sound like in-house media have had to turn the cameras off or that media arent allowed to film plays which they've never been allowed to