• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jamison is entering (if he hasn't already) clown territory

i think the warning signs were there when judon decided he was gonna burn that bridge - it's bizarre for a player to feel that personally vindictive towards 1 specific reporter and be completely cordial with the rest

idk what's going on but i think there's some beef with hensley and some guys in the building

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think the warning signs were there when judon decided he was gonna burn that bridge - it's bizarre for a player to feel that personally vindictive towards 1 specific reporter and be completely cordial with the rest

idk what's going on but i think there's some beef with hensley and some guys in the building
Yeah and the players are close and they talk. so once you lose the trust of one player, other players will follow

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hensley entered clown territory over a decade ago. He was a notorious flacco hater, even during his borderline elite years
I mean when it comes to the 4 letter network I only pay attention to Schefter and Woj. Fraudsley has been making sh** up for more than a decade. He has never broken a story.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean when it comes to the 4 letter network I only pay attention to Schefter and Woj. Fraudsley has been making sh** up for more than a decade. He has never broken a story.

Judon calling him out was awesome and funny to see lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

And something else I always notice from Hensley is that he always seems to tweet out presser stuff later than everyone else (not saying that’s inherently bad - just that it’s consistent and I never can understand why)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Judon calling him out was awesome and funny to see lol

people on Twitter were calling judon trash for those threats but I’m there going... if Jamison was really doing that shit then he’s got no one to blame but himself lol

idk maybe I’m being too harsh on hensley but zrebiec sets a high bar for what a beat reporter for the ravens can/should be... I like some of the newer guys: Jonas shaffer, Daniel oyefusi but never been a fan of Hensley or some of the older guys

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
seems like nothing’s actually changed from previous years

we always have hidden scheme and full team stuff except in very specific allowed cases like the 5 plays vs the jags 11v11 a couple of years ago
a lil off topic but it came to mind.. i know last year we ran the ball alot on 3rd and 5 or shorter.. you think that will change now with new wr targets? I mean i prefer lamar dropping back because he still a threat to run and if they dnt have a spy, theyre dead, and if they do... its one less man defending..

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
people on Twitter were calling judon trash for those threats but I’m there going... if Jamison was really doing that shit then he’s got no one to blame but himself lol

idk maybe I’m being too harsh on hensley but zrebiec sets a high bar for what a beat reporter for the ravens can/should be... I like some of the newer guys: Jonas shaffer, Daniel oyefusi but never been a fan of Hensley or some of the older guys
being a small market, Baltimore doesn't really get high quality beat reporters outside of Zrebiec, who I agree is excellent. I think it's still too soon to say with Shaffer and Oyefusi, but so far they have been fine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
a lil off topic but it came to mind.. i know last year we ran the ball alot on 3rd and 5 or shorter.. you think that will change now with new wr targets? I mean i prefer lamar dropping back because he still a threat to run and if they dnt have a spy, theyre dead, and if they do... its one less man defending..
in 2019 we did the same, but I was very comfortable with them running on 3 and 5, because of our efficiency in converting. A huge part of it is the offensive line was much better with Yanda at RG and the offense was still new and defenses hadn't had time to adjust.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think that's entirely dependent on how the OL performs - in 2019 we saw a ton of empty sets with Lamar on 3rd and 5 where it was pass all the way with scramble as that final option if the play broke down but in 2020 lamar couldnt trust the OL to hold up and we became a really poor empty team

lamar's lethal in that intermediate middle of the field range, especially when he's given time...

everything's situational of course but i can see us spreading teams out again if the OL can be trusted to pass protect for any length of time without a run-action threat

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What if theyre hiding lamar? Does it even matter? Did we hide new schemes and stuff last year and year before?

I don't think we're hiding Lamar. This video of him throwing a duck originated with the BR media folks. Everyone knows Lamar struggles at times with a spiral but clearly hasn't stopped him from being successful. Probably scheme related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry Not sure how to share the video from Instagram

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar and Queen aren’t very popular on Reddit at the moment for their stance on the vaccine/declining to answer a question about it. Why is Reddit full of tough, keyboard warriors that'll personally attack you the instant you disagree with them?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar and Queen aren’t very popular on Reddit at the moment for their stance on the vaccine/declining to answer a question about it. Why is Reddit full of tough, keyboard warriors that'll personally attack you the instant you disagree with them?
People fucking HATE when they aren’t able to force their beliefs on you

JAAM

Hall of Famer
People fucking HATE when they aren’t able to force their beliefs on you
Then it just gets political. Like Jesus Christ. I just want to talk about some football. Who gives a sh!t if Queen shared a story from Beasley about the vaccine. All of the sudden he’s an arrogant piece of shit and gets personally attacked. I don’t know why I put myself through the fucking hell hole that is Reddit

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Anything to divide us. This is the new norm.