• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Aw man.. the “ do it kelce” my pat and kelce is crazy.. i always thought teams did this in the first place outside of option routes but i guess not… anyway, we need that kinds chemistry with lamar and andrews even if its just a one time thing

JAAM

Hall of Famer
God help us

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
God help us

earth is closed1.jpg

Simba

Staff Member
AB simply ain't happening. Dude literally walked off the field on his team, and that's on the minor side of his issues. His career should be over and he has no one to blame but himself. Only saving grace for him to continue playing is if he signs to a minimum deal with no guarantees... and then he'd probably bitch about that in 4-6 weeks and walk out on that team too.

AB simply ain't happening. Dude literally walked off the field on his team, and that's on the minor side of his issues. His career should be over and he has no one to blame but himself. Only saving grace for him to continue playing is if he signs to a minimum deal with no guarantees... and then he'd probably bitch about that in 4-6 weeks and walk out on that team too.

Dude needs to take care of his mental health issues and forget about football.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not only that but there's a sexual assault settlement in his recent background and we know that DV and sexual violence are 100% zero tolerance here so they're never going to touch him

Charm City

Pro Bowler
we've consistently found starters who've gone on to start significant numbers of games:

Rick Wagner
Ryan Jensen
Alex Lewis
Jermaine Eluemunor
Orlando
Bozeman
Powers

all 7 of those guys who were drafted in the last decade have played significant numbers of games as a starter for us (and other teams afterwards) - 2 of them got big 2nd contracts and 2 more are likely to get big 2nd contracts this year

interesting note that the 4 biggest successes came from 2 draft classes - 2013 we got wagner and jensen and 2018 we got orlando and bozeman

i also think it's highly likely that one of tyre and cleveland is going to start significant games for us especially if the ravens stop fannying around with Tyre at tackle

but it's certainly worth acknowledging that it's rare you can find "blue-chip" guys in these late rounds at the position - we've done well to find 2 pro-bowl/all-pro players in the last decade in the mid-to-late rounds with Jensen and Orlando... definitely going to be easier to add great talents by drafting earlier
Are guys like Alex Lewis, Powers, and Eleumanor worthy of being considered starters and draft successes? I think whatever starts they got were out of necessity rather than because they were head and shoulders above the guys behind them. If you gave us a starting line full of players of their caliber it would be similar to the line we trotted out this year and we would be complaining about them and trying to find their upgrades.

What we need is consistency so that our line can play as a unit rather than individual pieces. The only recent players who consistently started at one position that I can think of are Stanely and Yanda. Bozeman bounced around, Mekari bounced around, Skura was in and out, OBJ played two years at T and then left, etc. That's why I think its crazy when people discount the fact that guys like Linderbaum can play C for us for 5 years. That kind of consistency goes a long way in terms of making guys around them better, much like Yanda did before he retired.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Are guys like Alex Lewis, Powers, and Eleumanor worthy of being considered starters and draft successes? I think whatever starts they got were out of necessity rather than because they were head and shoulders above the guys behind them. If you gave us a starting line full of players of their caliber it would be similar to the line we trotted out this year and we would be complaining about them and trying to find their upgrades.

What we need is consistency so that our line can play as a unit rather than individual pieces. The only recent players who consistently started at one position that I can think of are Stanely and Yanda. Bozeman bounced around, Mekari bounced around, Skura was in and out, OBJ played two years at T and then left, etc. That's why I think its crazy when people discount the fact that guys like Linderbaum can play C for us for 5 years. That kind of consistency goes a long way in terms of making guys around them better, much like Yanda did before he retired.
Ravens got pretty good value trading Eluemunor to the Patriots for a 4th round pick. Higher than the round we drafted him. Skura started at right guard for most of the season that Yanda was injured and of course was our center for a couple seasons. Mekari has done well for us and both Skura and Mekari were undrafted players. Bozeman may have bounced around but he has been pretty good at each position. We didn't move him because he wasn't good at left guard, we just wanted a better player at center and Bozeman is a natural center.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

eluemunor probably not because his best starts have been on other teams
but alex lewis categorically yes - he won the starting job both years he played for us before his injury

and OL consistency is great and all but it's better to have your best 5 guys on the field and we've been really injured on the OL the last 2 years which makes chemistry and consistency really hard to deal with

it's rare for a team to have all 5 OL starters make it the whole way through the year and even rarer to not have any of them miss games and snaps

and it's not that i dont like the idea of linderbaum - it's that i'm not sure i like the idea of him vs a tackle or vs one of the elite defenders in the draft class (if they're available)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
ya know... he might just be an asshole

Bingo , people need to stop coming up with excuses for shitty humanss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly, I'm not sure the OL will take major jumps next year if Stanley isn't ready to go. I'm a believer you can't solve a bad OL in one offseason. Reason is it takes guys time to mesh together into a unit, which OL is. If Stanley returns, you get some stability there since you will have Stanley & Zeitler as stability options. That still leave 3 other spots on the OL as question marks. If Cleveland makes the jump, sweet then you have 2 spots only. 2 spots can be fixed in one offseason but I think 3+ is very suspect. It could happen but the chances are higher it won't.

That said, you gotta invest into OL because you have to add a guy there to build it up even if it is slow, but just saying my doubts. I'm really hoping Stanley rebounds well from his injury.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

I have no problem with someone who has a mental illness, can understand their ups and downs… what makes you an asshole who just so happens to have a mental illness is someone who refuses to get serious help that they need and keeps acting a fool

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I have no problem with someone who has a mental illness, can understand their ups and downs… what makes you an asshole who just so happens to have a mental illness is someone who refuses to get serious help that they need and keeps acting a fool
And if I recall correctly, Ryan Clark pointed out that AB was showing his clown ways even BEFORE the hit by Burfict.