• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Looks like he might take the Flacco route

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looks like he might take the Flacco route

i mean if he does then he does and that's fine

but i hesitate to take anything from PFT about it seriously - florio's in the agents pockets and just like with all the other talk about lamar... it's exceedingly unlikely that either he or the ravens leaked this so not sure how there can be anything behind this "report"

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

but i hesitate to take anything from PFT about it seriously - florio's in the agents pockets and just like with all the other talk about lamar... it's exceedingly unlikely that either he or the ravens leaked this so not sure how there can be anything behind this "report"
Lamar has some balls here. If he has a shitty season, maybe the Ravens let him walk,particularly if we completely beef up the line and this still happens.

Interesting that the year he won MVP and led the league in TD's , our offensive line was ranked no 2 in the NFL per PFF.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I want him to get the most money out of us as possible. Idgaf it bankrupted the team lol… what would suck is if he gets injured and people start blaming it on “ if he had an agent” and all the other dumb shit instead of actually looking at it for what he truly was trying to do..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar has some balls here. If he has a shitty season, maybe the Ravens let him walk,particularly if we completely beef up the line and this still happens.

Interesting that the year he won MVP and led the league in TD's , our offensive line was ranked no 2 in the NFL per PFF.

i mean he does and he doesnt - he has all the leverage

and let's be realistic... his value isnt gonna go down even if he has a bad season - only thing that will tank his value is a terrible injury (and even then... as long as teams are happy with his prognosis he'll still get paid basically the same as he would get this year)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Whats crazy is that i cant even see him having a shitty season.. if he comes out throwing all those ints again, that will really surprise me..

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Whats crazy is that i cant even see him having a shitty season.. if he comes out throwing all those ints again, that will really surprise me..
I’m of the opinion that those interceptions were strictly from being constantly pressured and Lamar being off balance with his mechanics/trying to force things too quickly due to said pressure. If we fix the offensive line, I full expect another year like 2019.

(Just speaking out loud)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar will transcend the league again this year. He'll be the same unstoppable Lamar Jackson he was in 2019. All the Ravens have to do is protect him and have his receivers make the catches and TDs when thrown to them. If they take care of business, I'm convinced Lamar will win not only his second league MVP title, but also go on to win the SB. He still won't take the Ravens to the cleaners because he wants to win and understands what it takes to win. Also, it's time the billionaire owners start shelling money to the players. Why are we fighting on behalf of the owners who have set the salary cap rules among themselves? Sure there is a CBA, but heck, who are we kidding who that really favors?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar will transcend the league again this year. He'll be the same unstoppable Lamar Jackson he was in 2019. All the Ravens have to do is protect him and have his receivers make the catches and TDs when thrown to them. If they take care of business, I'm convinced Lamar will win not only his second league MVP title, but also go on to win the SB. He still won't take the Ravens to the cleaners because he wants to win and understands what it takes to win. Also, it's time the billionaire owners start shelling money to the players. Why are we fighting on behalf of the owners who have set the salary cap rules among themselves? Sure there is a CBA, but heck, who are we kidding who that really favors?
A healthy Lamar + improved OL + actual RBs will do wonders.
Believe me you don't want a NFL w/o salary cap.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
A healthy Lamar + improved OL + actual RBs will do wonders.
Believe me you don't want a NFL w/o salary cap.
Oh, trust me. I know what the salary cap does and how it benefits the league. However, why are we always trying to dissuade players from making big coin? After all, they are the ones that generate the interest and money. All I'm saying is increase the damn cap to favor players 60-40 instead of an even split. That should accommodate all the big guaranteed salaries. Why is it wrong? Each year the NFL franchises keep going up in value by 100s of millions. Every single year and this is on top of their normal profit-sharing of the TV and gate revenues. The reversionary interest in franchise value alone is so lopsided on the owners' side, that I think we don't need to call out players who try to wring the owners' arms to make their own money. That's all.

PS: Also, my kid's money is at stake here too. So, there is that.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love it. Always been a fan of Sanders

Yea he was nice. It blows my mind the amount of talent at WR the Steelers have had. Even the guys who didn't work had potential but ended up having off the field issues.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yea he was nice. It blows my mind the amount of talent at WR the Steelers have had. Even the guys who didn't work had potential but ended up having off the field issues.
They're a WR factory. Took us a while but we've finally drafted a few studs lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
9A4F80F0-C619-42F2-BD73-F88630D19253.jpeg