• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't want to appear to be racist when I say I never thought LJ would amount to anything. Unfortunately, because of very limited opportunities to see Louisville play, I believed what everyone said about LJ. He's not really a QB, he'd be best suited by making him a RB. So on and so forth with all the other nonsense said of LJ at draft time. I believed it all unfortunately. Honestly, my guy was Baker Mayfield. As a Jets fan and Mac having traded 3 2nd round picks to move up just 3 spots prior to the draft I never believed the Jets would get Sam Darnold. He was widely considered the best QB in the class. I was convinced Cleveland was going to take Darnold at #1. Weirdly enough I predicted the Giants taking Barkley at 2. So when Sam Darnold was there at 3 I was very happy. My QB rankings went like this:

1) Darnold
2) Mayfield
3) Allen
4) Rosen
5) Jackson

And honestly I thought the last 3 were all busts. That probably looks pretty racist I would imagine?? Now that LJ and Allen have ascended into greatness, I really feel humiliated about ranking the QB's the way I did.
I'm not always sold on Sam Darnold being a bust? I often think he's a product of a shit organization, which is what the Jets were in 2018. Honestly, I never had a good word to say about Mike Macagnan. I thought he was a gypsy from start to finish. I often think Darnold has been irreparably damaged by Mac hanging Sammy out to dry.
Common sense as I've always understood it would say, after drafting Sammy you MUST start putting pieces around him as a young QB's psyche can be a very fragile thing. I wanted the Jets to immediately go after big franchise OL among many other high priorities that I had for Sammy exclusively. Instead, that idiot Mac goes and drafts a DE that never played division 1 ball. To this day there's a part of me that believes Sammy COULD be great if he's given the right opportunity with a good supporting cast?
Be that as it may, LJ was never on my radar and honestly now I'm just such a fan of the Ravens organization for seeing in him what just about everyone else didn't see including myself.

THAT IS ONE HELL OF A WAY TO START THE SENTENCE LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How in the hell is that racist lol. Including Allen/Rosen, both traditional white QB's, in with Jackson as potential busts pre-draft is not racist at all. It's like you say one bad thing about Lamar and you're automatically a racist or a hater
lol, Rosen is jewish. Of course jewish isn't synonomous with athlete. I can say that without being racist.

I don't consider what Mainejet said to be racist. He just took other peoples opinions and didn't do a deep dive into Lamar Jackson, like many of us actually did on these boards......even before we drafted him.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just a matter of time before media turn on lamar and treat him like he aint shit anyway
He has been unfairly labeled a choker in the biggest moments. College and Pro level he has struggled to win big games people say. He was awful year one vs the charges, played well Vs the Titans in 2019, and everybody looks like shit with the weather in Buffalo. But if you ask around that’s all Lamar choking
I don't want to appear to be racist when I say I never thought LJ would amount to anything. Unfortunately, because of very limited opportunities to see Louisville play, I believed what everyone said about LJ. He's not really a QB, he'd be best suited by making him a RB. So on and so forth with all the other nonsense said of LJ at draft time. I believed it all unfortunately. Honestly, my guy was Baker Mayfield. As a Jets fan and Mac having traded 3 2nd round picks to move up just 3 spots prior to the draft I never believed the Jets would get Sam Darnold. He was widely considered the best QB in the class. I was convinced Cleveland was going to take Darnold at #1. Weirdly enough I predicted the Giants taking Barkley at 2. So when Sam Darnold was there at 3 I was very happy. My QB rankings went like this:

1) Darnold
2) Mayfield
3) Allen
4) Rosen
5) Jackson

And honestly I thought the last 3 were all busts. That probably looks pretty racist I would imagine?? Now that LJ and Allen have ascended into greatness, I really feel humiliated about ranking the QB's the way I did.
I'm not always sold on Sam Darnold being a bust? I often think he's a product of a shit organization, which is what the Jets were in 2018. Honestly, I never had a good word to say about Mike Macagnan. I thought he was a gypsy from start to finish. I often think Darnold has been irreparably damaged by Mac hanging Sammy out to dry.
Common sense as I've always understood it would say, after drafting Sammy you MUST start putting pieces around him as a young QB's psyche can be a very fragile thing. I wanted the Jets to immediately go after big franchise OL among many other high priorities that I had for Sammy exclusively. Instead, that idiot Mac goes and drafts a DE that never played division 1 ball. To this day there's a part of me that believes Sammy COULD be great if he's given the right opportunity with a good supporting cast?
Be that as it may, LJ was never on my radar and honestly now I'm just such a fan of the Ravens organization for seeing in him what just about everyone else didn't see including myself.
shut up boot

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lamar been silent for 5 years.. they still banged and flamed him. Shit ain’t Gon change now that he clapped back a little.

I like Evil Lamar. It’s more fun and entertaining :lol:
Im talking about how they treat players like kyrie, durant, rodgers… them boys get the worst of it

Tank

Hall of Famer
He has been unfairly labeled a choker in the biggest moments. College and Pro level he has struggled to win big games people say. He was awful year one vs the charges, played well Vs the Titans in 2019, and everybody looks like shit with the weather in Buffalo. But if you ask around that’s all Lamar choking

shut up boot
2019 Titans not sure you can say he played well…… Pees took away the middle of the field, we couldn’t execute outside.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
2019 Titans not sure you can say he played well…… Pees took away the middle of the field, we couldn’t execute outside.
Don’t do it Tank stay with us lol. I thought he played really well, Titans just played a team game while we dropped passes and forgot how to tackle.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
How in the hell is that racist lol. Including Allen/Rosen, both traditional white QB's, in with Jackson as potential busts pre-draft is not racist at all. It's like you say one bad thing about Lamar and you're automatically a racist or a hater

First of all, thank you for the support.

Second, well unfortunately that's the world we live in my opinion?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
1657843027797.png

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
First of all, thank you for the support.

Second, well unfortunately that's the world we live in my opinion?
This dude is definitely a bot

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Haha……not how I remember it, but OK.
That game is just full of bad memories overall. Drop passes, missed 4th down conversion, running backs throwing touchdown passes, Earl Thomas debut as a lead blocker …. Ugh that game is right up there with the 06 debacle Vs the Colts.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
That game is just full of bad memories overall. Drop passes, missed 4th down conversion, running backs throwing touchdown passes, Earl Thomas debut as a lead blocker …. Ugh that game is right up there with the 06 debacle Vs the Colts.

I'd say it's worse than 06. At least 06 had a reason for the loss. McNair was hung over. Heard reports that he was getting sick on the sidelines. 2019, the whole entire team just chose the worst time to self-destruct altogether.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd say it's worse than 06. At least 06 had a reason for the loss. McNair was hung over. Heard reports that he was getting sick on the sidelines. 2019, the whole entire team just chose the worst time to self-destruct altogether.
I had no idea McNair was hung over