• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I would hate seeing him playing for another team, when he’s healthy he really is a great player, he’s no kuechly or Wagner but he’s at the top of the tier 2 LBs, however I just don’t see a big contract ending well for us, he’s one of the smartest players in the league but he’s not the rangiest or most athletic, and tbh I’m not sure he’s a great fit for what we’re doing now, we like to blitz the middle a lot and Mosley is only good on delays and improv blitzes, he’s not good on designed blitzes off the snap and has done nothing but leave a soft spot consistently when he’s blitzed, in man coverage even when fully healthy he’s a liability at best, and playing injured his range in zone drops is inconsistent and seems to give up plays more than you’d like.

If Mosley was consistently healthy, and was used as a full time Tampa 2 style zone dropper then he would be much more impactful, that’s more of a wink problem than a Mosley problem, but the health is all on Mosley. The ravens will get burned yet again by giving a big deal to a guy who is almost guaranteed to be injured at some point every year.
After the deal BW got, It would be a travesty of epic proportions if he isn't locked up for another 4-5 years.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After the deal BW got, It would be a travesty of epic proportions if he isn't locked up for another 4-5 years.
It would be an even bigger travesty to lock him up with another sizable deal and then get the same value on the field back that bwill brings us.

Can’t really go handing out contracts because it seems unfair that one player got paid this and another player didn’t get paid.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reactions: cdp

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It would be an even bigger travesty to lock him up with another sizable deal and then get the same value on the field back that bwill brings us.

Can’t really go handing out contracts because it seems unfair that one player got paid this and another player didn’t get paid.
No, no - I mean in a sense that Mosley brings a great deal to the team, unlike BW.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No, no - I mean in a sense that Mosley brings a great deal to the team, unlike BW.
Mosely is a leader of this defense and with Suggs and Weddle, two othet leaders, in the final years of their career, we need leaders in the locker room. Mosely is a great candidate.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know he does, but can you give that big a contract because he offers leadership and smarts while also getting toasted by TEs regularly?

I’m not saying I disagree, I’m torn on the issue because my heart says sign him but my logic is saying not to. I know what he brings to the team, but I just don’t wanna end up in cap hell again before Lamar’s contract is up, I want space cleared so we can make all the moves we want

rossihunter2

Staff Member
8mil per year is about the cutoff I’d have on CJ

That’s ridiculous
He’s worth way more than that...

Are you trying to tell me he’s worth less than demario Davis and Anthony Hitchens?

He’s better and more valuable than Alec ogletree and Eric kendricks and Bernardrick McKinney and they’re getting 10m/yr

He’s gonna get more than 10 per and he’s gonna be worth it

JAAM

Hall of Famer
That’s ridiculous

Are you trying to tell me he’s worth less than demario Davis and Anthony Hitchens?

He’s better and more valuable than Alec ogletree and Eric kendricks and Bernardrick McKinney and they’re getting 10m/yr

Then he can get it elsewhere. Kenny Young will be our future.

Taze

Practice Squad
That’s ridiculous

No, actually that is not what I am trying to tell you. You’re the one who brought up those names. I am not saying he’s worth less than those players. I wasn’t referring to specific players themselves, rather the monetary value teams place on them. Just because other teams give out bad contracts doesn’t change how good players are nor does it mean the Ravens should do that too.

However, I will give in a bit. After looking more into recent LB contracts, I’ll say he should get 10mil, like Kendricks.

Taze

Practice Squad
And he’s absolutely going to be asking more than that.
Yeah and he should because there’s teams with more cap space than they can possibly spend. However, the Ravens can’t afford to play that game. With that and an ever increasing salary cap, most starter quality players who hit the open market are going to get overpaid.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No, actually that is not what I am trying to tell you. You’re the one who brought up those names. I am not saying he’s worth less than those players. I wasn’t referring to specific players themselves, rather the monetary value teams place on them. Just because other teams give out bad contracts doesn’t change how good players are nor does it mean the Ravens should do that too.

However, I will give in a bit. After looking more into recent LB contracts, I’ll say he should get 10mil, like Kendricks.

I don’t understand the issue especially if he gets a shorter contract like he seems to have indicates he wants - we’ve got the cap space to pay him and we might only have to give him a 2-3 year contract which would leave us with very few issues in terms of cap

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know he does, but can you give that big a contract because he offers leadership and smarts while also getting toasted by TEs regularly?

I’m not saying I disagree, I’m torn on the issue because my heart says sign him but my logic is saying not to. I know what he brings to the team, but I just don’t wanna end up in cap hell again before Lamar’s contract is up, I want space cleared so we can make all the moves we want
He’s extremely talented as well as being a top 5 ILB in this league, imo

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m thinking of getting a color rush or black. Can’t decide.
I have a color rush already and after having it for a year I definitely felt like I needed a regular one. It’s a little too loud and cartoony for my liking, and while they look great on field the fan versions look feminine. I wanted black but I was getting a 25% off sale and they didn’t have black in my size.

Yeah, I’m thinking of getting one as well
I had been wanting one since we drafted him but I wanted to see a start first to make sure he was at least competent enough to not be embarrassed to wear it lol