• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This is where I'm at. Typically I'm team aggressive and like to go for it, but felt like this was one of the instances where you had to take the points. Just think the decisions Buffalo has to make down 3 change the perspective so drastically. Earlier in the game and I'm completely on board with the decision, but I just don't like passing up the lead entirely with such little time left. Maybe you still lose and it is what it is at that point, but just feel like they thought too much about the lack of trust in the D and not enough in the challenge you place on the Bills at that point. I'll always maintain that if you get to a point where you're trying to let a team score and they don't want to, you've made a bad decision.
Exactly. This is where I'm at. Agreed with most likely all of the recent calls. I'm all for the analytics but you also need to check the teams pulse. This specific situation I hated from the get go. Nothing results oriented. When the team was lining up to go for it I thought the move was dumb. You can say Lamar shouldn't have thrown the pick, which he shouldn't have but at the same time I'm not just throwing the ball away on 4th down.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many times do we have to fail on that logic to understand we can't force the probabilities? If nothing works for 3 quarters, why would that 4th down turn out like how we imagined?

We're giving ourselves no outs, shooting ourselves in the foot every time.
Right, but that's a two way street. For the prior basically three quarters, our defense couldn't stop Buffalo from driving down the field and scoring either. So why would we think the next drive is going to be different?

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSQBRRTG
Bills-20/29

Bengals-
19/32

Giants-
17/32

These are Lamar's stats from the last three games. Like Raine an I mentioned he spent his off-season with a QB coach to work on his mechanics and to become a better passer. So far it looks like he is still reverting to his old ways. The guy simply cannot connect with the long ball. Oliver had to superman dive a few times for the ball. Completely has been overthrowing open WRs. Has been making bad decisions like what is up?

The line was a mess last year and we just said if Lamar can have some time to throw he would show what he really can be. Well he has time to throw this year so what's going on? Can we blame it on that he only has Andrew's and Duvernay to throw to? Is Roman still holding back Lamar? We all said we needed to get the running game going well its some what going. Drake had over 100 yards rushing yesterday.

I'm not implying we get rid of Lamar at all so this is not what I want It to turn into. I'm just seriously wondering what's going on with our offensive struggles I know the D is a mess and that's its own issue.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Bills-20/29

Bengals-
19/32

Giants-
17/32

These are Lamar's stats from the last three games. Like Raine an I mentioned he spent his off-season with a QB coach to work on his mechanics and to become a better passer. So far it looks like he is still reverting to his old ways. The guy simply cannot connect with the long ball. Oliver had to superman dive a few times for the ball. Completely has been overthrowing open WRs. Has been making bad decisions like what is up?

The line was a mess last year and we just said if Lamar can have some time to throw he would show what he really can be. Well he has time to throw this year so what's going on? Can we blame it on that he only has Andrew's and Duvernay to throw to? Is Roman still holding back Lamar? We all said we needed to get the running game going well its some what going. Drake had over 100 yards rushing yesterday.

I'm not implying we get rid of Lamar at all so this is not what I want It to turn into. I'm just seriously wondering what's going on with our offensive struggles I know the D is a mess and that's its own issue.
I think the loss of Bateman is definitely showing. I mean..........it's still amazing that Andrews still broke 100 yards, but I still think he should've caught that TD.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the loss of Bateman is definitely showing. I mean..........it's still amazing that Andrews still broke 100 yards, but I still think he should've caught that TD.

I think there is not a single receiver in the NFL who makes that catch more than 10% of the time. It was going towards his chest was tipped up, did not lose momentum and then went to his facemask. That is not a catch that is going to happen often by any receiver no matter how good their hands are.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Bills-20/29

Bengals-
19/32

Giants-
17/32

Nobody holding back lamar except lamar imo

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nobody holding back lamar except lamar imo

yeah idk that there's more to it than this
he's just in a slump that happens to coincide with when he lost his number 1 WR - it happens... people forget he was AFC offensive player of the month for september it's not been like this all season and i really dont think the bills game was that bad either tbh

if it goes on much longer then ill start reading more into it... but right now it's a slump and that happens

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
some notable ones i can think of
chargers playoff game his rookie year, pats monsoon game, raiders game to open the 2021 season - and i guess the missed 2pt conversion against the steelers counts as well maybe?

cant think of any others though
chiefs twice I believe his rookie season too, and technically the chiefs in 2020 if I am not wrong?

Steelers in 2020 also.

unfortunately add the giants to the list.

he's had some great wins but also a lot of early drive enders on fumbles

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
chiefs twice I believe his rookie season too, and technically the chiefs in 2020 if I am not wrong?

Steelers in 2020 also.

unfortunately add the giants to the list.

he's had some great wins but also a lot of early drive enders on fumbles
and if we are going to blame Lamar for the losses, we have to give him credit for the wins also. It goes both ways and he's been the best QB we have ever had during the regular season. We haven't done well as a team in the playoffs, but atleast we have been there and no way in hell we go to the playoffs without Lamar in 2018. Loss or not, that season was a credit to Lamar.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s amazing how many people on Reddit and RSR are ready to move off Lamar because of a few bad games. He literally has Duvernay as his 1 but yea, trade him so we can draft a rookie lol
Nah that’s crazy to move on from him right now in his prime. He is still a great QB, but i think it’s fair to scale back the Lamar Jackson , blank check, circle jerks people have been having.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Nah that’s crazy to move on from him right now in his prime. He is still a great QB, but i think it’s fair to scale back the Lamar Jackson , blank check, circle jerks people have been having.
I'm willing to scale it back. I was hyped up after three weeks and I can scale it back after six.

Simba

Staff Member
And I'm sure this is why no deal was agreed to in the first place. Lamar is going to get the bag at some point but the Ravens want to see more consistency before a "blank check" becomes reality. The ebbs and flows have to be frustrating because we all know how good he is when he's on. He just needs to be on more often.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well yea. Honestly no one knows anything nor who leaked that detail, but no one knows any confirmed details on the negotiations so it’s all pure speculation. I would hope our FO recognizes we need to lock him up without pulling a Browns

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
and if we are going to blame Lamar for the losses, we have to give him credit for the wins also. It goes both ways and he's been the best QB we have ever had during the regular season. We haven't done well as a team in the playoffs, but atleast we have been there and no way in hell we go to the playoffs without Lamar in 2018. Loss or not, that season was a credit to Lamar.
Oh ya absolutely no doubt or hate, I just remembered more than the listed. For me when he turned to the corner to being clutch in late game drives was the 2020 win agains the browns