• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Lamar is far from perfect and by no means absolved from criticism. But my God just watch Jimmy Garrapolo, or Kirk Cousins, or Jalen Hurts, or many many others. Lamar is obviously in the top 5 at worst and imo could be number 1 when he's at his absolute best.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Didn't even realize the old Patapsco Flea Market was still around....... I grew up right down the road from it so kinda cool that Lamar was minutes away from where I grew up, I'd always go with my Dad or with my friend and his parents, walk around the Flea Market. Thought for sure an Amazon Warehouse would have replaced it by now, so cool to see it's still up and that Lamar was there recently.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Didn't even realize the old Patapsco Flea Market was still around....... I grew up right down the road from it so kinda cool that Lamar was minutes away from where I grew up, I'd always go with my Dad or with my friend and his parents, walk around the Flea Market. Thought for sure an Amazon Warehouse would have replaced it by now, so cool to see it's still up and that Lamar was there recently.

Are you from Lakeland ?? I grew up in Lakeland which is the neighborhood directly across the Annapolis rd side of the flea market, like a 2 minute walk from my grandparents house. I was going there every weekend back in 2010-11 before the fbi raid where they cracked down on the counterfeit merchandise, lots of good memories there. My first Christmas with my now wife I got all of her gifts there for like $120 lmao.

Big nostalgia trip just being reminded of that place, time flies

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I saw this take and ignored it
@JAAM , I saw that post by MJD and I initially debated on sharing it in this forum. I chose not to simply because it wasn't worth it yet hear I am talking about it. He has a couple of nice games on the ground and now the hyperboles come out. Sure....

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
@JAAM , I saw that post by MJD and I initially debated on sharing it in this forum. I chose not to simply because it wasn't worth it yet hear I am talking about it. He has a couple of nice games on the ground and now the hyperboles come out. Sure....

I think he is having a great year on the ground and it's clear to me that he is a very good athlete. Lamar is the bar, which is why everyone rushes to compare all of these guys to Lamar.

I saw recently a Bengals writer say that Jalent Hurst has a higher ceiling than Lamar.

Lamar whether its fair or not is being judged on what he can and can't do in the playoffs. These guys aren't on the same block.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he is having a great year on the ground and it's clear to me that he is a very good athlete. Lamar is the bar, which is why everyone rushes to compare all of these guys to Lamar.

I saw recently a Bengals writer say that Jalent Hurst has a higher ceiling than Lamar.

Lamar whether its fair or not is being judged on what he can and can't do in the playoffs. These guys aren't on the same block.
That Bengals writer has to be fired for blasphemy.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Cant be mad at them.. at one point people were calling lamar better than pat mahommes and arod

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nothing at all..im saying we shouldnt be upset about the fields vs lamar comparisons we do and did the same thing
So you are basically saying the Fields vs Lamar comparisons are the same as Lamar vs Mahomes comparisons? Do you know where you are wrong here? The only comparison I would make here is the Fields vs Mahomes comparison. Lamar doesn't belong here. He is Michael Jordan and the other two are mere mortals playing football. Still, Mahomes is way better than Fields ever will be. But, Lamar is way better than both these players! Come on!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
MJD's takes are worse than the proportions of his body mass.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Apartmently the entire Jets reddit thinks/wants to trade for Lamar lol. It's funny that people are saying things like trade Quinnen Williams, Sauce, Garrett Wilson and 3 1sts for Lamar.

I have never once suggested that we should trade Lamar but that package is pretty insane honestly.

Also please don't think I actually believe any of this is reasonable or even being considered. I'm just trolling a bit on Monday

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Apartmently the entire Jets reddit thinks/wants to trade for Lamar lol. It's funny that people are saying things like trade Quinnen Williams, Sauce, Garrett Wilson and 3 1sts for Lamar.

I have never once suggested that we should trade Lamar but that package is pretty insane honestly.

Also please don't think I actually believe any of this is reasonable or even being considered. I'm just trolling a bit on Monday
Seem like just the right price.

And I wouldn't take it.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

That seems like a lot for an undrafted cornerback who they already cut