• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Opp

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Can anyone be non-bias and give me any good reasoning why Burrow is “better” than Lamar?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I can’t knock a player for not winning if they don’t have a surrounding cast. I can live with the uncertainty of what a Justin Herbert can be somewhere else and see him as a top 10 guy, like Stafford, just unfortunately in a bad situation.

But I can’t wrap my brain around how many fans see Joe Burrow as a top 2 QB. I know Lamar has had a solid defense most his career, but Joe Burrow has had the greatest WR room in the NFL, Mixon, and supposedly a head coach who is known from coming from an elite coaching tree that brought the offense with him.

Offensively, Lamar puts up more points with less.

Attachments

• IMG_6075.png
    IMG_6075.png
    863 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6076.png
    IMG_6076.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 26

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can anyone be non-bias and give me any good reasoning why Burrow is “better” than Lamar?
I can't. In Burrows defense , he has had at times a bad oline. Yet he has incredible receivers and a home run hitting running back.

Lamar is better overall .

JAAM

Hall of Famer

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
But this isn’t fantasy football. Plus it’s easy when you have three #1 WRs who happen to be jump ball merchants
But people think he's better because he puts up the numbers people like to see

JAAM

Hall of Famer

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I can’t knock a player for not winning if they don’t have a surrounding cast. I can live with the uncertainty of what a Justin Herbert can be somewhere else and see him as a top 10 guy, like Stafford, just unfortunately in a bad situation.

But I can’t wrap my brain around how many fans see Joe Burrow as a top 2 QB. I know Lamar has had a solid defense most his career, but Joe Burrow has had the greatest WR room in the NFL, Mixon, and supposedly a head coach who is known from coming from an elite coaching tree that brought the offense with him.

Offensively, Lamar puts up more points with less.
I love stat muse and there visuals too (and idk if this is the case for these stats or not) but they typically include Lamar's games played against in 2018 pre start which messes up a lot of his numbers (obviously in this case too I bet it would make PPG go down cuz Lamar was a gadget WR lol)

But obviously this would just prove your point even further cuz I bet his ppg during starts is even close to 30

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
But people think he's better because he puts up the numbers people like to see
One thing I'll say about burrow (as much as I dislike him) is he actually does own mahomes. He truly beat him twice when you watch the second afc champ game, it was literally so rigged by the refs especially at the end (but I was happy about that because I hate the bengals way more lol)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How do ya’ll feel about Lamar only showing up for 1 OTA?

Tank

Hall of Famer
not fussed at all
literally was practicing with Zay in Florida anyway
Why isn’t he there? It seems most guys that sit out are holding out for a contract.

Here’s a short article from a couple of years ago that talks about players sitting out.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Why isn’t he there? It seems most guys that sit out are holding out for a contract.

Here’s a short article from a couple of years ago that talks about players sitting out.

Most is 100% a stretch. Players miss OTAs for multitude of reasons every year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean these are also GMs and QBs from completely different CBAs lol

these workouts right now are most important for new signings and rookies (and other young players)

if there were a bunch of new receivers or a new C to work with then maybe it'd matter more, but he's honestly going to get more out of working with zay in florida than he is throwing passes to malik cunningham, dayton wade and sean ryan...