• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I’m thinking in terms of Lamar’s best interest… I’m hoping he gets traded to an adequately coached team that doesn’t use prehistoric offensive systems. He deserves way better than the bullshit this organization forces out there year after Year on offense

If I’m thinking in terms of the teams best interest… I’m praying he signs back and give him whatever he wants. This guy turns shit sandwiches and diarrhea soups into wins
I’m maintaining my usual stance that it’s more valuable to collect three first and a player vs paying an injury prone QB that relies heavily on those legs to make magic.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m maintaining my usual stance that it’s more valuable to collect three first and a player vs paying an injury prone QB that relies heavily on those legs to make magic.

Doesn’t matter if we have Joe Montana and Calvin Johnson out there if we keep our coaches the same

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s certainly at initial face value a bad look but the question for me becomes:

1. Has any injured Raven ever traveled to an away game?

If so then yeah not a good look at all. If not then he could be following also what Harbaugh wanted. John may have asked him to stay home to avoid being a distraction. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying what he did was or wasn’t right but only presenting what may be the reality of the situation.
If I'm the team leader Im damn sight going to the playoff game , even if Im in a wheelchair.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I'm the team leader Im damn sight going to the playoff game , even if Im in a wheelchair.
Won’t disagree with you but do you go if your Head Coach asks you to stay because right now you have a lot of heat on you and you as the head coach want your guys to be focused on football and not being distracted by you being there?

I know you’ll likely say F the HC but there’s no indication Lamar or John have issues with each other besides hyperbole from everyone else. That kind of move is a decision that could also make Lamar seem selfish, think he is bigger than the team, and also may cause an irreparable strain between him and Harbaugh.

Simba

Staff Member
Regarding the travel stuff… again, it’s team policy. Ronnie Stanley didn’t travel as he was rehabbing last year and this year. Dobbins himself said directly that he went to 0 games (home or away) while he was rehabbing earlier this season. Injured guys are pushed not to show up

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Regarding the travel stuff… again, it’s team policy. Ronnie Stanley didn’t travel as he was rehabbing last year and this year. Dobbins himself said directly that he went to 0 games (home or away) while he was rehabbing earlier this season. Injured guys are pushed not to show up
If we had made it to the Super Bowl, ya think Lamar would have stayed home?

Bama Ravens

Veteran
I don’t know what to think about Lamar going forward. This is two years in a row that we’ve ended the season without him. His style of play gets him hit a lot, which naturally leads to more wear & tear on his body and a greater chance of injury. So, it leaves me wondering how often are we going to be in this position? Is he going to miss significant time every year or every other year? Obviously no one can answer that now, but it’s something that has to worry you if you’re considering giving him $200 million and locking him in as your starting QB for years to come.

Simba

Staff Member
Championship game?
I don’t understand your question. The Ravens historically don’t send guys actively rehabbing to games because they’re trying to get them back on the field. If it’s the Super Bowl, there is no next game to worry about. So he’d most likely be there. If he wasn’t, that’s when I’d hit the panic button. Stop making this into a lot more than it is.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t know what to think about Lamar going forward. This is two years in a row that we’ve ended the season without him. His style of play gets him hit a lot, which naturally leads to more wear & tear on his body and a greater chance of injury. So, it leaves me wondering how often are we going to be in this position? Is he going to miss significant time every year or every other year? Obviously no one can answer that now, but it’s something that has to worry you if you’re considering giving him $200 million and locking him in as your starting QB for years to come.

BuT HiS InjURies HappEn in tHe PocKeT… that may be true, but come on, each hit leads to wear and tear… leading to said injuries

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
My guy please.

1) That article is brain dead. It says we won't tag him. We literally can't trade him if we don't tag him. It's impossible we don't tag.
2) Hurt players don't travel. None of the other injured players traveled "even for the playoffs"
3) Marlon said LJ8 was probably at 50 or 60%. He took the opportunity to clear Lamar's name which was constantly slandered.

Lamar was hurt and could not play, then followed the basic travel rules. This is a nonissue