• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Each hit brings you closer to injury. That’s basic common sense.
so maybe a running back should just sit on the bench, because if he gets hit it will get him closer to injury.

Lamar isn't the only QB with the ability to run the football and does a good job evading hits. The PCL injury doesn't have anything to do with other hits he has taken, it was just bad luck.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am a Ravens fan not a individual player fan. If someone leaves the Ravens, I could no longer care about them.
Been one since their inception.

I care about the team as a whole. Period.
Same here but I do like both--but if Lamar left, yeah. That's why I don't have an issue with him not going to the playoffs. Frankly, he isn't playing and the team I'm sure has heard enough about Lamar Jackson. I mean, I think about it as if I'm a player. I'm about to play a playoff game and all I hear is how we can't win without Lamar Jackson. As far as I'm concerned, LJ isn't playing in this game. Let me have my time and focus on my game and not him. Just being real with you.
Each hit brings you closer to injury. That’s basic common sense.
Eh....I'm going to tackle this at two angles. Yes, Lamar takes hits running the football. That is 100% true. Let's not forget he also EVADES hits because he is so elusive and fast.

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
so maybe a running back should just sit on the bench, because if he gets hit it will get him closer to injury.

Lamar isn't the only QB with the ability to run the football and does a good job evading hits. The PCL injury doesn't have anything to do with other hits he has taken, it was just bad luck.

You’re right

Tank

Hall of Famer
Won’t disagree with you but do you go if your Head Coach asks you to stay because right now you have a lot of heat on you and you as the head coach want your guys to be focused on football and not being distracted by you being there?

I know you’ll likely say F the HC but there’s no indication Lamar or John have issues with each other besides hyperbole from everyone else. That kind of move is a decision that could also make Lamar seem selfish, think he is bigger than the team, and also may cause an irreparable strain between him and Harbaugh.
Regular season away game? Probably not there. Playoff, win or go home? Thinking no one would stop him from being there and supporting the team. But adding in the season long drama, who knows. On the surface though it's not a good look.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Regular season away game? Probably not there. Playoff, win or go home? Thinking no one would stop him from being there and supporting the team. But adding in the season long drama, who knows. On the surface though it's not a good look.
It's not a good look for the public, but the team is more important. There are 52 other players on the Baltimore Ravens. Are we better with Lamar Jackson? No freaking doubt about that but if I am one of those 52 other players I say fuck it, he's not here so time to man up and win this game and tell everyone to STFU about Lamar Jackson. Don't count us out just because we don't have #8. We nearly pulled it off, too. I honestly believe 100% Lamar Jackson wasn't there because:

1. Injury
2. Distraction

I think that was the reason he wasn't there because he was there the week before, right? Wasn't he in Cincinnati the week before or did I imagine that?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
On the surface though it's not a good look.
It's not a good look on the surface because people like yourself don't understand that...

Rehabbing players don't travel with the team (again, there are MANY injured players that didn't travel, some of whom will be hopefully future faces of the team)
He may not have been medically cleared given the nature of flying and the effect that it can have on joints and inflammation

Once we accept those two truths, it stops being a bad look and it becomes an understandable absence. But, people like yourself will fuel the fire any way you can, so I'm not totally shocked this is a bad look to you.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's not a good look on the surface because people like yourself don't understand that...

Rehabbing players don't travel with the team (again, there are MANY injured players that didn't travel, some of whom will be hopefully future faces of the team)
He may not have been medically cleared given the nature of flying and the effect that it can have on joints and inflammation

Once we accept those two truths, it stops being a bad look and it becomes an understandable absence. But, people like yourself will fuel the fire any way you can, so I'm not totally shocked this is a bad look to you.
It’s ok not to be a dick. This isn’t Twitter , we’re not trying to one up each other with witty zingers

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's not a good look for the public, but the team is more important. There are 52 other players on the Baltimore Ravens. Are we better with Lamar Jackson? No freaking doubt about that but if I am one of those 52 other players I say fuck it, he's not here so time to man up and win this game and tell everyone to STFU about Lamar Jackson. Don't count us out just because we don't have #8. We nearly pulled it off, too. I honestly believe 100% Lamar Jackson wasn't there because:

1. Injury
2. Distraction

I think that was the reason he wasn't there because he was there the week before, right? Wasn't he in Cincinnati the week before or did I imagine that?
Yeah, I think you may be spot on here. The sideshow would have been the last thing they needed before and during a playoff game. Having to deal with it all week was already too much. Just an unfortunate situation all around.

TBH I don't remember if he was in Cinci the week before.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

1. Injury
2. Distraction

Yeah, I think you may be spot on here. The sideshow would have been the last thing they needed before and during a playoff game. Having to deal with it all week was already too much. Just an unfortunate situation all around.

TBH I don't remember if he was in Cinci the week before.
I don't think he was there in CIN the week before now that I think about it. I think he was in BAL for the PIT game.

Simba

Staff Member
I don't think he was there in CIN the week before now that I think about it. I think he was in BAL for the PIT game.
Correct. He was not in Cinci last week nor any other road game that we've had since he's been hurt. He's shown up to every home game though...

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar posted this on his Instagram. What do you "think" his meaning behind the "timing" of it may be?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just realized Daniel Jones has as many playoff wins as Lamar. WTF