• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tyler

Practice Squad
Sounds like the team Russini was talking about being interested was the Raiders based on the latest tweet. And then one of their local reporters rebuffed it again, because they don’t even have the cash flow to enter the conversation.
Exactly, they literally couldn’t even afford to fire Josh Mcdaniels if they wanted to because of their financial situation. I’m not worried about them AT ALL. Lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sounds like the team Russini was talking about being interested was the Raiders based on the latest tweet. And then one of their local reporters rebuffed it again, because they don’t even have the cash flow to enter the conversation.
Lol the same team that couldn’t afford to fire their coach.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What about the Lions? I've heard them tossed around as a possibility
I really don’t see it , Goff is not the problem in Detroit. Sure they could upgrade but that defense is terrible

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I would hope not. That’s bad mojo and I’m certain that would piss Lamar off.
I understand, but it is a business. Besides if I am EDC and I lay one hell of a generous offer on Lamar’s plate and he scoffs at it and keeps throwing back counters that are beyond the Watson deal, I would probably level with him and say, no offense but with you not finishing out the last two seasons and only having one playoff win, you may not get what I am offering at this exact moment and if you force me into placing the non exclusive tag and risk losing you to another team and no one bites, please don’t get upset that my original offer is no longer on the table. He should know that is how it works and he is also gambling when he reject the team’s offer.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Like I said earlier, the 3 year FULLY guaranteed deal averaging over 50m per season that they apparently offered him on Monday(according to Will Decosta, Eric’s nephew that lives with him) is off the table now that he declined it. I think if anything this free agency period will be a healthy serving of humble pie for Lamar in the grand scheme of things.
Not saying he's necessarily wrong, but I find it odd how his nephew would have any idea about what their offer might be

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
If Lamar ends up not getting signed by another team and still has not signed with the Ravens either, does he still have to play for the Ravens on this tag?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
If Lamar ends up not getting signed by another team and still has not signed with the Ravens either, does he still have to play for the Ravens on this tag?
He could hold out but does he really want to leave behind all those millions? The Ravens still kind of hold the cards.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes, or nobody.

Basically he can get offer sheets from any team for multi-year offers through July 15th. After that date, if he's not signed and hasn't signed the tag, he can get offer sheets through week 10, but they can only be one year deals.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
With a lot of these quarterback needy teams coming out so quick that they are not interested in Lamar, it is making me feel a little better about Lamar remaining a Raven. It really would kill me to see him playing for another team. He has been so fun to watch. He already has become one of my all time favorite Ravens. I love wearing my #8 jersey.

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s almost no doubt of that in my mind. Clearly the owners banding together. Gonna be hard to prove that definitively though
Lol the owners could have played it off a little better, maybe space out their “ im not interested” by a couple days.
Like here's the thing though...
The media is out here fake ass pretending like these teams "haven't talked to Lamar". Of course they have. You think the Owners are the only one's colluding? You don't think the NFLPA has discussed Lamar with multiple NFL teams? And do we really think the other franchises have zero clue what Lamar's contract demands are?

Do I think there's collusion? Of course. I think there's tons of it on both sides every year.

I also think that Lamar is asking for one of two things (or both)... a) a 4-5 year contract, fully guaranteed, or b) a long term deal with more gtd $ than Watson (i.e. at least $230M gtd).

And I think its extremely likely that no team in the league is willing to meet that asking price AND surrender at least two first round picks to do so.

I think all of that can be true simultaneously. I think every team in the league has a strong idea of what Lamar wants on a contract, and no team in the league is willing to meet that price today.

We will see if that changes in the coming weeks/months.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Lol. Got ATL falcons Twitter retweeting it.

All these teams and beat reporters coming out within an hour of the tag announcement, saying they’re out feels hella fishy. Collusion for sure.

Owners getting together to give a big middle finger to the NFLPA.

I'm thinking the same thing.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Diana Russini just said on live TV that she received a text from a GM saying that they are interested in Lamar

Lol damage control. They made it a little too obvious. Got players coming out and commenting on it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar getting some love from superstars

Lol damage control. They made it a little too obvious. Got players coming out and commenting on it
Players are pretending to be dumb. They know the NFLPA and Lamar screwed up. If he had a sanctioned agent a deal would have been done , instead he chose the devil on his shoulder in the form of the NFLPA and full guaranteed dollars