• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
They've been on my list.

End of day, I'm not sure I see Belichick doing it. Giving out that type of contract to a guy is very against how he builds rosters.
I actually feel like its possible the Patriots would put out an offer sheet that was worse than the Ravens deal.

I ultimately think one of these teams who's allegedly "out" is going to put in an offer. Atlanta and Carolina make too much sense to me.
I think Bill was enamored with Lamar pre-draft (and still might be)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Honey badger and DJ Reed showing our boy some love

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
They've been on my list.

End of day, I'm not sure I see Belichick doing it. Giving out that type of contract to a guy is very against how he builds rosters.
I actually feel like its possible the Patriots would put out an offer sheet that was worse than the Ravens deal.

I ultimately think one of these teams who's allegedly "out" is going to put in an offer. Atlanta and Carolina make too much sense to me.
ATL is not going to want to give up their pick and neither them nor Carolina are close enough. If they wait until after the draft because ATL specifically thinks it’s closer than it is, they likely lack the cap room to make an offer the Ravens won’t easily match.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
ATL is not going to want to give up their pick and neither them nor Carolina are close enough. If they wait until after the draft because ATL specifically thinks it’s closer than it is, they likely lack the cap room to make an offer the Ravens won’t easily match.
I really don't think the picks (or where they are) have much to do with it. I don't think Atlanta would hesitate at all to give up a top 10 pick + a 2024 pick for him.

I think it has a TON to do with the logistics of a team having cap space + being delayed in FA purely for the "chance" of signing him. They can spend all that effort and earmark all that $ and still not end up with him.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Not enamoured enough to pick him though lol
You got a point there

kevin-hart-good.gif

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's so clear that Lamar is held in way higher respects from players than he is from executives - which honestly makes sense as his is dangerous but his availbity is spotty af the last 3 years
He had covid, got hit low on the ankle after the pass was completed and sacked hard to the turf because he waited for some of the trash WRs to get open.

Please stop with that bullshit about Lamar's health.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
He had covid, got hit low on the ankle after the pass was completed and sacked hard to the turf because he waited for some of the trash WRs to get open.

what? no. that's wrong. He waited for mandrews to get open when he had a wide open Duv

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

I said availability not health. its debatable if you want to argue about his health or not - sure thats subjective.

6/17 6/18 games 2 years
64% is a crazy hill to die on man, but whatever

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
do people realize you can both respect a generational players ability to make plays running and throwing while also acknowledging that getting hit more often will result in more injuries wether they are in the pocket or not?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Lamar Jackson injury situations started in 2020/21 in the playoffs against The Bills. That was pretty winnable game he could not finish cause he sustain a concussion after throwing a interception from a intended pass to Mark Andrews in the rezone..During the 2021 regular season he sustain a injury against The Brown that basically cause him to missed the rest of the regular games, and in 2022 he sustain another injury that cause him to miss the rest of the regular season game and even the playoffs. Regardless on how it happened it appears that LJ hasn't been available to play when The Ravens needed him most for about 2 years now. Also Edgar Allen video clearly shows that LJ was holding the ball waiting for Mark Andrews to get oepn while Devin Duvernay was open before LJ injury against The Broncos.

There was no waiting for thrash WR's to get open on that play. He was looking at Mark Andrews direction the entire time and if you don't believe me then you can watch the video below at 5:40 mark.

Last edited:

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson injury situations started in 2020/21 in the playoffs against The Bills. That was pretty winnable game he could not finish cause he sustain a concussion after throwing a interception from a intended pass to Mark Andrews in the rezone..During the 2021 regular season he sustain a injury against The Brown that basically cause him to missed the rest of the regular games, and in 2022 he sustain another injury that cause him to miss the rest of the regular season game and even the playoffs. Regardless on how it happened it appears that LJ hasn't been available to play when The Ravens needed him most for about 2 years now. Also Edgar Allen video clearly shows that LJ was holding the ball waiting for Mark Andrews to get oepn while Devin Duvernay was open before LJ injury against The Broncos.

There was no waiting for thrash WR's to get open on that that play. He was looking at Mark Andrews direction the entire time and if you don't believe me then you can watch the video below at 5:40 mark.

EXACTLY MY POINT
EXACTLY MY VIDEO
LISTEN TO THIS @allblackraven