• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
We've covered all the issues. Where it stands now is to pay Lamar Jackson a fully guaranteed contract of whatever duration. Fully guaranteed. These roster bonus and injury silliness figures not factored. Lamar Jackson will take a Four or perhaps even a Three Year Deal worth 50 million per year, but he will not be bound by a five year deal that really only pays him for 2.5 to 3 years. It's a long time until report day. Teams will come forward to offer Lamar Jackson that. It's in the Raven's and our best interest to be first.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
We've covered all the issues. Where it stands now is to pay Lamar Jackson a fully guaranteed contract of whatever duration. Fully guaranteed. These roster bonus and injury silliness figures not factored. Lamar Jackson will take a Four or perhaps even a Three Year Deal worth 50 million per year, but he will not be bound by a five year deal that really only pays him for 2.5 to 3 years. It's a long time until report day. Teams will come forward to offer Lamar Jackson that. It's in the Raven's and our best interest to be first.
He's got a fully guaranteed deal coming this year for $32M... He's got no choice but to enter his 3rd "Prove-It" year and actually, well... prove that he is deserving of "Happy Endings" Watson dough. Truth be told, no QB is worth that yearly money in a team sport. He does have this year, tho, to prove that he's big money, but if he does anything short of being stellar or seems less than engaged or less than serious about proving it, he'll never get it because he has mismanaged and misunderstood the strengths and weaknesses he's had in negotiating so badly that he's playing on the cheap.

Simba

Staff Member
He's got a fully guaranteed deal coming this year for $32M... He's got no choice but to enter his 3rd "Prove-It" year and actually, well... prove that he is deserving of "Happy Endings" Watson dough. Truth be told, no QB is worth that yearly money in a team sport. He does have this year, tho, to prove that he's big money, but if he does anything short of being stellar or seems less than engaged or less than serious about proving it, he'll never get it because he has mismanaged and misunderstood the strengths and weaknesses he's had in negotiating so badly that he's playing on the cheap.
Which is probably why he's working his angles now to try to not have to play on that tag. He doesn't want to play on it. He just thought he'd have a bevy of offers from which to choose.

It didn't exactly go the way I expected, but him getting no outside offers so far might be the thing that actually gets him to come back to the negotiating table here.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Which is probably why he's working his angles now to try to not have to play on that tag. He doesn't want to play on it. He just thought he'd have a bevy of offers from which to choose.

It didn't exactly go the way I expected, but him getting no outside offers so far might be the thing that actually gets him to come back to the negotiating table here.
He's mismanged things so badly, I wonder if the last offer is even still on the table from the Ravens. I think it would be good PR if it were to just pay the last best offer, but who knows. It would be a solid if they just said we feel comfortable in our offer and we love you Lamar. Done.

...yet, given how everything has gone so far, I see limited potential of that happening. ^_^

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Mahomes and old Brady deserve that money but no one else. I hate that every player “deserves” to reset the market. Those guys should be anomalies. When you make 5 straight home afc championship games, I’ll give Lamar 1 bill guaranteed.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
no one seems to ever bring this up. There was a deal offered to Lamar in the months following the Josh Allen contract.

Lamar punching air rn

Screenshot_20230323_182257_Samsung Internet.jpg