• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The market for LJ is gonna heat up after the Draft. The team that bids for him will make an offer that is not "Fully Guaranteed" but essentially is Fully Guaranteed and the Raven's will match. Its all a game.
No team is going to leave the draft without their starting QB situation handled. That would just be disastrous roster building unless you are okay with your team having 3-5 wins and if you are why are you signing a 50m QB regardless of all the other problems.

There is also the fact that the more time passes the harder it is to make an offer the Ravens cannot just match so it’s even more unlikely an offer happens the more time passes.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's very possible that this Ken Francis guy Is the person responsible For leaking to Steven smith. The so called member of Lamar's camp.

Reactions: cdp

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's very possible that this Ken Francis guy Is the person responsible For leaking to Steven smith. The so called member of Lamar's camp.

I don’t buy anything coming from the media as it pertains to the Ravens and Lamar. They both have been silent about it for the most part with Lamar at times refuting some things

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harry Douglass on get up just said Lamar should not step on the field until all demands are met. SMH

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think my current preferred outcomes in order :
1. Retain Lamar on the tag, have him play out the year. Prove he can stay healthy and dominate again.
2. Trade
3. Short term deal with more guaranteed dollars
4. Long term deal, assuming the offer is the current Ravens offer range

The longer this goes, the less It feels like we should commit long term. No doubt he is one of the best on the field, but lots of questions with health and this circus.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will stop being a Ravens fans long, long, long before I buy a workout product, or video, that looks like this.
O no you don’t . I just pre ordered a couple #entiregyms for the whole platoon

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
O no you don’t . I just pre ordered a couple #entiregyms for the whole platoon

I'm in. Is this like a PurpleFlock gym fitness thing that we all hold each other accountable to lose weight/get in shape?

Team building, I like it.

Reactions: cdp

Tank

Hall of Famer
However, it's past time that he started getting professional advice. His business ventures and contract negotiations are embarrassing for a star of his stature.
TBH his business ventures and contract negotiations are embarrassing for anyone, much less an NFL player.

No problem with not having an agent on a rookie contract, first round picks pretty much have their deals pre arranged. But it was foolish to not hire an agent in 2020 when the Ravens approached with extension offers and he was on top of his game. Comparatively speaking, Lamar has lost a lot of dollars trying to save pennies. Also, if he performs well and can stay healthy he would be that much closer to negotiating a second extension possibly worth much more.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
TBH his business ventures and contract negotiations are embarrassing for anyone, much less an NFL player.

No problem with not having an agent on a rookie contract, first round picks pretty much have their deals pre arranged. But it was foolish to not hire an agent in 2020 when the Ravens approached with extension offers and he was on top of his game. Comparatively speaking, Lamar has lost a lot of dollars trying to save pennies. Also, if he performs well and can stay healthy he would be that much closer to negotiating a second extension possibly worth much more.

The idea that an agent would make this easier is weird when you see Peyton Manning held the Colts hostage TWICE, Drew Brees with Saints (literally filed a grievance because they tried to short change him) and then held out, Roquan Smith burned every single bridge he could find on the Bears, Dakota Prescott got tagged after messy contract cycles and then broke his ankle, and do I have to tell you about Aaron Rodgers? If Flacco did not have the personality of a bag of raisins then it would have been talked about more outside of our fan base.

I say all that to say that an agent or not would not necessarily make this easier. Honestly, up this point it hasn't even been messy compared to all those guys I named.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm in. Is this like a PurpleFlock gym fitness thing that we all hold each other accountable to lose weight/get in shape?

Team building, I like it.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The idea that an agent would make this easier is weird when you see Peyton Manning held the Colts hostage TWICE, Drew Brees with Saints (literally filed a grievance because they tried to short change him) and then held out, Roquan Smith burned every single bridge he could find on the Bears, Dakota Prescott got tagged after messy contract cycles and then broke his ankle, and do I have to tell you about Aaron Rodgers? If Flacco did not have the personality of a bag of raisins then it would have been talked about more outside of our fan base.

I say all that to say that an agent or not would not necessarily make this easier. Honestly, up this point it hasn't even been messy compared to all those guys I named.
Yeah. I'm still not rocking with the agent thing but think he needs to speak with a better person/team. The way people say he needs an agent is just slightly funny to me like the agent always has their best interest at heart. Of course not everyone, but most of them are working with teams and media. If he's getting advice from the NFLPA cut them the hell off. Would also recommend finding better endorsement offers but that's up to him as well.

As long as he's fine with how this process is going who am I to judge? Again, none of us know what's truly going on behind the scenes.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah. I'm still not rocking with the agent thing but think he needs to speak with a better person/team. The way people say he needs an agent is just slightly funny to me like the agent always has their best interest at heart. Of course not everyone, but most of them are working with teams and media. If he's getting advice from the NFLPA cut them the hell off. Would also recommend finding better endorsement offers but that's up to him as well.

As long as he's fine with how this process is going who am I to judge? Again, none of us know what's truly going on behind the scenes.

So far I don't have a real reason to believe something is up between Baltimore and Lamar.

It's not like he pulled a Watson and decided to just not play and wanted to be traded either.

Tank

Hall of Famer

How many “messy” contract negotiations have you seen involving the Ravens and an agent?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many “messy” contract negotiations have you seen involving the Ravens and an agent?

We've never had a player on the offensive side of the ball, let alone a QB, anywhere near the realm of all those QB's I named.

If we had drafted Rodgers, you think we would skirt past all the shit he currently does?

Interesting

Screenshot_20230324_120219_Samsung Internet.jpg