• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
You are not really familiar with how Baltimore and EDC conduct business aren't you?

This isn't the first time one of our best players have done something like this and we have yet to lose.
Lamar beats to a different drummer so I'm not convinced we dont lose big time on this.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't want to keep someone who doesn't want to be here but that's just me.
We don’t want him walking for pennies on the dollar as well. There currently is no back stop if Lamar leaves. We won’t get a QB at 22, we don’t have the draft capital to trade up, and the FA market is non existent outside or Rodgers. Essentially, we need to hold him hostage until the proper deal comes about or he is willing to play on tag.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar beats to a different drummer so I'm not convinced we dont lose big time on this.

I am sure you wouldn't be surprised because you don't actually know what you are talking about. You just speculate and find reasons to not like Lamar even though he is your favorite player lmfaooo

Baltimore will be aight and so will you.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am sure you wouldn't be surprised because you don't actually know what you are talking about. You just speculate and find reasons to not like Lamar even though he is your favorite player lmfaooo

Baltimore will be aight and so will you.
Yeah ok. Lets see how it plays out.

Like I said before :

Put a fork in him he done. (Trademark application pending)

And guess what, i was right.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I agree, there is always the cost of a lost season. Easy to say Steve saves 32M, but that season will likely be a waste. That should be factored into the leverage conversation
OK, but the same would be said if we traded him after the draft. If we trade him in July, who's playing QB? Nobody good.
Point is just because Lamar wants out it doesn't mean we're just going to take whatever somebody is willing to give us.

Honestly its the exact same thing as what Lamar is doing, but in reverse. We probably know exactly what we want in terms of compensation in a trade. We can wait up until whatever point it is we think its crucial to see if we get it. We may think its late April, but it also could be March 2024 before we're desperate to move him.

Could be conditions too. We could say no to all AFC teams. We could require the acquiring team to have, say, at least one top 10 draft pick to be involved.

I can guarantee you he'd want to be here if the money was right.

That's why I don't buy this one. Not like Hollywood who wanted to be a more focal point of an offense, or Brown who wanted to play LT. Money can talk and get him to want to play here again real quick.

Idk Simba I know money changes things but I honestly feel he just doesn't want to be here. If he takes less money somewhere else then that answers that. I think the culture here is so messed up that it has affected him. This is all my opinion of course

Simba

Staff Member
Idk Simba I know money changes things but I honestly feel he just doesn't want to be here. If he takes less money somewhere else then that answers that. I think the culture here is so messed up that it has affected him. This is all my opinion of course
You give him the exact contract he wants, he'd sign on the dotted line in no time. This is a money thing and he said as much in his tweet directly.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah ok. Lets see how it plays out.

Like I said before :

Put a fork in him he done. (Trademark application pending)

And guess what, i was right.

You aren't right. It's not uncommon for players to ask for a trade and then not get traded. He wants to be traded because of the offer so if they match the offer he's happy.

You ever watch the NFL? What do you think happens behind closed doors with agents? Players want out all the time and if it does not make sense to trade the player a team won't. Didn't Deebo want out? Was he not apart of trade speculation? Then look what happened.

It's not that complicated. Ravens are in the drivers seat at this juncture.

Relax and put your fork down.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
When a player has wanted to be traded , the Ravens as far as I can remember have always granted that wish. IMO they do not want to play Lamar on a 1 year tag when they know he wants out.
We already know if he gets hurt he won’t be coming back. He can’t play for us this season, we have to get a trade done

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll tell you what I find interesting... pretty much everything that has happened as led to one inevitable conclusion... Lamar is drastically overvaluing himself league-wide.

This request was March 2nd. That's at least a week before FA occurred. It's before anything of "note" happens in the offseason. And every single team in the league would 100% know this was out there.
And then the public went crazy with the "collusion" aspect of everybody publicly saying "they're out". Of course they're out. They knew three weeks ago what we know today. He wants out, and he wants heaps and heaps of $. And nobody wants to give it to him.
Yeah, he definitely has overvalued himself. He thinks he's seen on the same level as Mahomes and Borrow. In terms of raw talent he's definitely he's easily top 5 in the league, but he's had trouble finishing seasons and has had some awful playoff games.

I'm really thinking Lamar is gone this off-season. Not because he won't playon a tag, since he definitely will, but I think EDC and company just won't want more years of this.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar requested a trade on March 2.
According to report on March 2, The Ravens met with Anthony Richardson.

No coincidence here
So Lamar finds out we are interested in Richardson, gets pissy and then asks for a trade.

It just keeps getting better.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You give him the exact contract he wants, he'd sign on the dotted line in no time. This is a money thing and he said as much in his tweet directly.
I agree money can fix the majority of these situations, but Lamar has been erratic through out this process so you never know. Maturity issues would be my concern, he might be petty enough to hold the grudge

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So Lamar finds out we are interested in Richardson, gets pissy and then asks for a trade.

It just keeps getting better.
I feel like Lamar tweeted this specifically for you

• Love
Reactions: cdp

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar is a great player , the best QB the Ravens have ever had but do we really want to tag him for a year and go through all of this again next year.
Not a fucking chance.

Trade his ass asap and let someone else deal with him.