• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Lamar waited until the day of Richardson meeting with the team to say he wanted a trade. IMO thats what happened.
Or they're unrelated. The timing of when Lamar asked the team for a trade also coincides with the conclusion of the trip in Miami, where Eric met with Lamar face-to-face.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I've never seen an individual so successfully drive down their value in money and fan support simultaneously.
We be ok. Ravens will hate him for a year and everytime he has bad game someone will post it in happiness… the whole time, his new fanbase will be loving him while we still in misery mad about the girl that cheated on us

Reactions: cdp

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The meltdowns are hilarious
Why doesn't Lamar say something?
Tweets... stfu up Lamar and tell us what you want.

I want to be traded...
STFU TRADER!

It's just funny to me that most can't take a comment from 1 person on a message board without a stupid response. Man has millions tweeting dumb shit at him and expects him to just sit there and shut up. But he's a millionaire so he should just be grateful I guess...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I want to be traded...
STFU TRADER!

It's just funny to me that most can't take a comment from 1 person on a message board without a stupid response. Man has millions tweeting dumb shit at him and expects him to just sit there and shut up. But he's a millionaire so he should just be grateful I guess...
Man you arent lying. They expect him not to defend himself. Call him a pussy for not speaking up but soon as he does he gonna have to apologize to the nfl and fans lol.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
if our intentions were to trade lamar, we wouldve made more noise in FA id assume?
Agree. Basically, I'm not certain the FO is really taking this trade request "seriously" at this point. I'm sure they'll entertain it, but it feels more of like a "wish to be traded" than a "demand to be traded". As others have said, its also a very common leverage play.

I think its 100% one of those things where they think he's just like throwing a tantrum, and if you wait him out, he'll come back and give you a hug afterwards.

It stacks up logically though. Ravens knew he wanted a trade before FA or the FT was placed. They went non-exclusive so that Lamar could go find a partner, and then bring them back to the Ravens to analyze. Clear over the last three weeks Lamar overestimated that.

I also think it would be extremely "on brand" for Lamar and his camp if he puts out this trade request, Ravens are like "cool, go find one", and then Lamar sits back and does nothing. Like doesn't even call teams. He just expects he'll get a line of people begging him to come play for them. And now, three weeks later, he's like "fuck man where everybody at".

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I want to be traded...
STFU TRADER!

I mean... he could just, ya know, not be on Twitter. Does he really need it? Is Twitter making him $ somehow? Half the shit he tweets is in some cryptic language nobody can understand, and his own teammates are like "I don't even know what the fuck he is saying".

One easy way to ignore social media trolls is to not partake in social media. Or pay somebody to manage your profile for you, like 99% of rich people do.

If he was expecting positive feedback or support from people making $25K a year, living in their moms basement, and trolling Twitter on a Monday afternoon, where literally anybody with a job would be working, he's severely overestimated his audience.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I find it hard to give value to any Lamar tweet or saying without feeling its anything more than leverage. This just feels the newest rendition of him showing other young players why they need an agent

Simba

Staff Member
Agree. Basically, I'm not certain the FO is really taking this trade request "seriously" at this point. I'm sure they'll entertain it, but it feels more of like a "wish to be traded" than a "demand to be traded". As others have said, its also a very common leverage play.

I think its 100% one of those things where they think he's just like throwing a tantrum, and if you wait him out, he'll come back and give you a hug afterwards.

It stacks up logically though. Ravens knew he wanted a trade before FA or the FT was placed. They went non-exclusive so that Lamar could go find a partner, and then bring them back to the Ravens to analyze. Clear over the last three weeks Lamar overestimated that.

I also think it would be extremely "on brand" for Lamar and his camp if he puts out this trade request, Ravens are like "cool, go find one", and then Lamar sits back and does nothing. Like doesn't even call teams. He just expects he'll get a line of people begging him to come play for them. And now, three weeks later, he's like "fuck man where everybody at".
On that last point... why even mention that you asked for a trade unless you aren't getting the interest you want? If he had a line of suitors, he could have just kept it under wraps. Going public with it feels like as clear of an indication as can be that he's trying to make something happen without having to put in the work himself to get it done.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man you arent lying. They expect him not to defend himself. Call him a pussy for not speaking up but soon as he does he gonna have to apologize to the nfl and fans lol.
Yeah its almost like if you use social media to reach out to the lowest common denominator of people, they meet your expectations every single time...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
On that last point... why even mention that you asked for a trade unless you aren't getting the interest you want? If he had a line of suitors, he could have just kept it under wraps. Going public with it feels like as clear of an indication as can be that he's trying to make something happen without having to put in the work himself to get it done.
Mostly. It's just a change in strategy. Whatever strategy he thinks he's using, its clearly not working. Not even his own mother could honestly be like "yeah Lamar is playing this just right".

Simba

Staff Member
Mostly. It's just a change in strategy. Whatever strategy he thinks he's using, its clearly not working. Not even his own mother could honestly be like "yeah Lamar is playing this just right".
Agreed. Bad advice after bad advice for him. I generally support players doing what they think is best for them, but this is clearly one where an agent was desperately needed.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I mean... he could just, ya know, not be on Twitter. Does he really need it? Is Twitter making him $ somehow? Half the shit he tweets is in some cryptic language nobody can understand, and his own teammates are like "I don't even know what the fuck he is saying".

One easy way to ignore social media trolls is to not partake in social media. Or pay somebody to manage your profile for you, like 99% of rich people do.

If he was expecting positive feedback or support from people making $25K a year, living in their moms basement, and trolling Twitter on a Monday afternoon, where literally anybody with a job would be working, he's severely overestimated his audience.
I agree. I steer very far from social media for the first part.

We don't even know if half his tweets are NFL related with the randomness though.

While I also don't like back on forths online, sometimes you have time. And it's not just twitter but TV and sports talk. From his point of view I'd guess he's thinking everyone has an opinion with no idea of what's actually happening.

I'd personally vacation where no one knew me and enjoy my time off.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean not like he had acl tears or lingering hamstring issues or any of that other bs.. i think thats just a nice way of saying we arent interested
So I think other GMs talking about his health concerns, sleeping habits, and nutrition are just the start. I wouldn’t be surprised the further away from this situation we get if we start hearing the rumors about him not being engaged in recovery efforts were true.