• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar is starting against the Chiefs. Thank the Lord. I'm expecting an L, but how exciting would it be for us to beat KC with Lamar at the helm?

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Lamar is starting against the Chiefs. Thank the Lord. I'm expecting an L, but how exciting would it be for us to beat KC with Lamar at the helm?

Their defense has had struggles for sure though. If Oakland put 33 up on the Chiefs, who says the Ravens can't as well?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Their defense has had struggles for sure though. If Oakland put 33 up on the Chiefs, who says the Ravens can't as well?
If the ravens put up 33 they will win unless our defense shits the bed, which I’m never convinced they won’t do occasionally.

If our defense shows up, and we control the clock, I think 27 wins this. 38 minutes TOP, and 27 points, and we will win. If we can do it to Atlanta I truthfully don’t see why we can’t do it to the chiefs without hunt, crowd noise is the main factor

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Personally I think he still has a run left in him

He might but what we are paying him makes it riskier to not be thinking long term

That said , I’m ok thinking long term about life after Joe but I’m just not ready to get on the Lamar bandwagon yet

Even though I fully support LJ and feel he is the team as an entirely plays better with him, I agree, Flacco when healthy could go on a run, but I disagree he has it in him this year due to the OL. I also understand you not wanting to get on the LJ bandwagon yet as long as you support him as a Raven.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
It may be hard for Harbaugh not to play him, but it would also be hard not to play LJ if he goes 6-1 and wins the division.

Also depends how Lamar plays down that stretch...

What happens if we’re in a close game in the wildcard round and Lamar is struggling?

Maybe you let him play it out... but you can’t say it isn’t tempting to stick in someone who’s 10-5 in the postseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

What happens if we’re in a close game in the wildcard round and Lamar is struggling?

Maybe you let him play it out... but you can’t say it isn’t tempting to stick in someone who’s 10-5 in the postseason
No question it wouldn’t be tempting to play Flacco. It’s a tough call either way.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
No question it wouldn’t be tempting to play Flacco. It’s a tough call either way.

I’d love to see both play in the remaining games including playoffs personally. That of course has some risk to it. But we should consider it as long as we’re in the hunt (if we are at some point out of the playoffs obviously just let Lamar play)

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
After listening to the player interviews today it looks like Lamar will be starting again this week itll be interesting to see how things play out it makes me wonder if this is a start Lamar and see if this can actually work kind of game like if we can ride this in the playoffs or not kind of game and if it doesn't work out we go back to Joe and just say he wasnt healthy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
After listening to the player interviews today it looks like Lamar will be starting again this week itll be interesting to see how things play out it makes me wonder if this is a start Lamar and see if this can actually work kind of game like if we can ride this in the playoffs or not kind of game and if it doesn't work out we go back to Joe and just say he wasnt healthy
Joe hasn't been cleared to play and has only practiced on a limited basis. I think Joe is still inactive this week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He is supposed to ramp up practice this week where are you seeing he isnt cleared to play??

cleared to practice and cleared to play are 2 separate things
and he's still only able to practice as a limited participant and given that it's been said now for a couple of weeks that he'd have to practice fully for a week to be in consideration at this point i think its fairly clear he's not playing

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
cleared to practice and cleared to play are 2 separate things
and he's still only able to practice as a limited participant and given that it's been said now for a couple of weeks that he'd have to practice fully for a week to be in consideration at this point i think its fairly clear he's not playing
Not true john said he would have to practice an entire week he never said be FP if he is limited tomorrow I'm guessing I'd rule him out

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Please....

Why would it be tempting? The last postseason happened 4 years ago. Joe had some success this year until the rest of the league figured out J. Brown was Flacco's guy. Since he was held in check, Flacco was absolutely lost.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Please....

Why would it be tempting? The last postseason happened 4 years ago. Joe had some success this year until the rest of the league figured out J. Brown was Flacco's guy. Since he was held in check, Flacco was absolutely lost.
Tempting to play him if Lamar was struggling in a playoff game. That's all I'm saying.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I think what he’s saying is the game plan on Marty’s sake wasn’t good and the playcalling was questionable

Yes and the Ravens ars expected to game plan to both their strengths and their opponents weaknesses, but for some reason thry did neither.

Yes Brown is very fast, but you can't make the entire game plan based around that.
I hate Marty as much as the next guy and I know for a fact that he is not the guy I want leading Lamar's development, BUT, I feel like he's too easy of a scapegoat. Joe misses a read? Marty's fault. Joe makes a bad throw? Marty's fault. Offense does poorly? Marty's fault. I know for a fact during the Panther's game that many, many, many people on this forum were calling out some horrendously missed reads.