• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

redrum52

Hall of Famer
the success? 2 superbowl rings and 3 appearances? playing his entire career in the peak of Tom Brady? HAHAHAH
you realize Brees and Rodgers combined for 2 superbowl appearances right
He didn't do shit for the 1st ring. Man's was a passenger riding in the truck bed. His performance in the 3rd is partially why they lost. He clutched up in the 2nd. I could make a claim Eli is more deserving going off playoff performances. Again most of that success was early and on the back of the defense. Brees and Rodgers were a lot more responsible for their teams success.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
5th all time in passing yards
5th all time in completions
8th all time in passing TDS

2 time superbowl winner, 3 time afc champ, 8 AFC north champs, 12 postseason trips

and we can only thank Brady for Ben not having twice the superbowl appearances.

He was streaky during regular seasons which didn't allow him to put up First team all pro annually, but his best ball from 2014-2018 was better than any other qbs.

you need to stop smoking crack if that isn't the headliner of a first ballot hof class.

Oh let me add the greatest throw and catch of all time to win the superbowl.
These numbers become more inflated as it becomes easier to pass. And as it did with all the weapons he had what did he get from it?

First ballot my ass

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
He didn't do shit for the 1st ring. Man's was a passenger riding in the truck bed. His performance in the 3rd is partially why they lost. He clutched up in the 2nd. I could make a claim Eli is more deserving going off playoff performances. Again most of that success was early and on the back of the defense. Brees and Rodgers were a lot more responsible for their teams success.
if you want to weigh his success early for his defense thats fair but you have to equal out his prime of 14-18 when his defense let him down. it matches out in the end.
Eli manning won 8 total playoff wins, 4 in both of his playoff runs. ben is the most successful qb not named manning or Brady from 2000-2020.
you literally can not tell the story of the NFL without Ben. and if you googled "most superbowl franchise wins", it was a photo of 7 winning his 6th for a decade

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
These numbers become more inflated as it becomes easier to pass. And as it did with all the weapons he had what did he get from it?

First ballot my ass
you do realize he made every single one of those weapons and the steelers aren't just magically a time traveler with the list of the best WRS ever right? Who did the steelers add as a free agent in 20 years vs who left

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
didn't do shit for the first ring...? He turned a 6-10 team into a 14-0 team under his belt barely losing to Brady as a rookie, then lead a 6th seed throw the offs dropping 31 in the wild card and 34 in the afc champ of 275 and 2 Tds. in the actual superbowl ya ill give you that but truck bed is so far from the truth.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
if you want to weigh his success early for his defense thats fair but you have to equal out his prime of 14-18 when his defense let him down. it matches out in the end.
Eli manning won 8 total playoff wins, 4 in both of his playoff runs. ben is the most successful qb not named manning or Brady from 2000-2020.
you literally can not tell the story of the NFL without Ben. and if you googled "most superbowl franchise wins", it was a photo of 7 winning his 6th for a decade
I don't care about who the NFL promotes. I've watched the games. Eli did more to earn his 2 rings, both against the boogy man himself.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
you do realize he made every single one of those weapons and the steelers aren't just magically a time traveler with the list of the best WRS ever right? Who did the steelers add as a free agent in 20 years vs who left
This is crazy. He made Holmes, Plaxico, AB, Ward, Sanders, Wallace and whoever I missed? They're good at finding wr talent.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
its easy to evaluate the type of wr that works with your HOF receiver after you get it right a few times
smaller, smart players who can run around while you extend the play for 1 minute

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Victories are not a QB stat anymore than they are a guard stat or a kicker stat.
People need to stop with this BS. Give a mediocre across the board team the greatest guard to ever play in his prime and they're still lucky if they manage a playoff spot. Give them Rodgers, Peyton, or Brady in his prime and they have a real chance of winning their division. QB play is the single biggest decider in long term success of a team.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
People need to stop with this BS. Give a mediocre across the board team the greatest guard to ever play in his prime and they're still lucky if they manage a playoff spot. Give them Rodgers, Peyton, or Brady in his prime and they have a real chance of winning their division. QB play is the single biggest decider in long term success of a team.
Qb play makes a huge difference but each case is different obviously.