• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Honestly, most who who made it a big deal about lamar needing an agent simply just projected their own inabilities on him… thats really all it was.
And now all the people who were arguing against giving Lamar a big contract, or calling him stupid, or saying the Ravens should move on are falling back on arguing about whether he needed an agent "for sponsorships" because it's all they've got left to cling to after getting everything wrong.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah it’s Much more likely that not a single team in the league wanted a franchise qb for relatively low draft compensation.

Crazy thing is, the moment we applied the NEFT, it was EVERYONES first thought, in real time, fans, media, owners, literally everyone, they’re gonna let Lamar go draw offers on the open market so the ravens can match. Teams don’t fall for it, a domino falls with hurts, then the ravens and Lamar strike a deal. Gee it’s almost as if Lamar and the ravens both wanted to see what the going rate would be… but now that that’s literally played out like a script, the reality is that no team in the league wanted Lamar Jackson, that’s all it was.
Well we know they wanted him but not at a fully guaranteed deal and it wouldn't shock me if there was inside info on what the Ravens offered. It's like.......well shit can't do much to top that. So the NEFT was a safe bet. Now if somebody gave him 250 mil guaranteed or even guaranteed 231 mil to top the Browns stupid ass contract you gonna tell me we matching? I don't think we would've.

Now the whole thing is and the reason this is being talked is people on here saying guys that feel Lamar needs an agent gotta "own up" cuz Lamar waited a year and a half to sign a contract. Nooooo. Really with all mudslinging thru tweets and trade demands for a couple mil more in AAv. A year and a half we went thru this and his momma probally taking a 5% cut anyways wasn't worth it. Bottomline is Lamar is our QB and yes I want to see him win MVP's, SuperbOwl trophies, throw for 6,000 yds a season and the only reason why?????????The Ravens that's why.

Now I'm gonna drop the contract talk before @UPennChem has cardiac arrest.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of people making great points. Lamar got himself a great deal with out an agent but also had some seriously cringe moments with the clothing line and gym equipment. Atleast it all worked out

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, teams knew what both the ravens and Lamar were doing, Lamar never wanted out, they wanted to drum up an offer sheet so the ravens can match it, so teams didn’t wanna waste their time.

Why do you wanna eat agent dicks so bad florio?
Almost spit out my coffee at “eat agent dicks”

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Help me understand how 3yr 133 vs 3yr 156 isnt that much different? Idk why people keep saying that bs just to make themselves not look as bad for doubting him.
Man, I love the fact that Lamar represented himself. To hell with all of this "needing" an agent B.S. That's the crutch of the "system" talking and Lamar, Roquan and a few other NFL players (present and past) refuse to operate within it. Lamar said it best when he was asked if he will secure an agent or continue to represent himself going forward when he said; "I wouldn't want to put my trust in anyone else." I don't blame him!

I once had a job years ago (before I started my own company) and decided to walk away from it. When it came to my severance pay, the employer asked me; "Now we can prorate this 6-figure severance to you over a few months or give it to you in a lump sum. Which do you prefer?" My exact words to him were: "Give me the lump sum upfront because no one can manage my money better than me!" Since then, my business has sky-rocketed and my family is set up financially.

Lamar kept that agent's percentage in the family for generations to come. Way to go Lamar! :cool:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man, I love the fact that Lamar represented himself. To hell with all of this "needing" an agent B.S. That's the crutch of the "system" talking and Lamar, Roquan and a few other NFL players (present and past) refuse to operate within it. Lamar said it best when he was asked if he will secure an agent or continue to represent himself going forward when he said; "I wouldn't want to put my trust in anyone else." I don't blame him!

I once had a job years ago (before I started my own company) and decided to walk away from it. When it came to my severance pay, the employer asked me; "Now we can prorate this 6-figure severance to you over a few months or give it to you in a lump sum. Which do you prefer?" My exact words to him were: "Give me the lump sum upfront because no one can manage my money better than me!" Since then, my business has sky-rocketed and my family is set up financially.

Lamar kept that agent's percentage in the family for generations to come. Way to go Lamar! :cool:
I just started my business 3 weeks ago and haven’t actually done any business yet and that’s motivational big homie! Shit I’m tryna be like you one day

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just started my business 3 weeks ago and haven’t actually done any business yet and that’s motivational big homie! Shit I’m tryna be like you one day
Congratulations to you my man! That's awesome! There is nothing like being entrepreneurial and working for yourself! Lots of freedom and flexibility come with being your own boss. :cool:

When you are first getting your business off the ground it takes a lot of your time, energy, and effort. Building trust with return clients, customers and the community takes time. Do your best to operate with integrity and ethics and great things will happen for you. Also, learn to practice delayed gratification and then one day, you will be able to live the lifestyle that you have dreamed of in the near future and that you are working hard for in the present.

Peep the wheels (for inspiration) that my wife bought for me a few months ago: :cool:
1683417098664.png

1683417142985.png

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Congratulations to you my man! That's awesome! There is nothing like being entrepreneurial and working for yourself! Lots of freedom and flexibility come with being your own boss. :cool:

When you are first getting your business off the ground it takes a lot of your time, energy, and effort. Building trust with return clients, customers and the community takes time. Do your best to operate with integrity and ethics and great things will happen for you. Also, learn to practice delayed gratification and then one day, you will be able to live the lifestyle that you have dreamed of in the near future and that you are working hard for in the present.

Peep the wheels (for inspiration) that my wife bought for me a few months ago: :cool:
View attachment 5394
View attachment 5395
DAAAAAYYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruh this Mili cat really is a high roller! You LOVE to see it!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

View attachment 5394
View attachment 5395
Appreciate it big homie! Subtle flex and you earned that right lol love to see it. I’m trying to live as minimally as possible now in hopes that by my 50s I’ll be able to live modest, passive, and go where I want, while leaving my boys assets and some basic financial knowledge that I was never given. I’m broke af right now but I promise it’s all part of some long elaborate plan… I think lol. I know what I’m capable of though, I’m a clown on here but I’m actually quite good at what I do and I’m more than capable to run a small business in this field, it’s just a matter of building it up from the ground is all, gonna be a process but we’re right in track to kick shit into gear once my youngest starts school and frees up my wife’s days

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Appreciate it big homie! Subtle flex and you earned that right lol love to see it. I’m trying to live as minimally as possible now in hopes that by my 50s I’ll be able to live modest, passive, and go where I want, while leaving my boys assets and some basic financial knowledge that I was never given. I’m broke af right now but I promise it’s all part of some long elaborate plan… I think lol. I know what I’m capable of though, I’m a clown on here but I’m actually quite good at what I do and I’m more than capable to run a small business in this field, it’s just a matter of building it up from the ground is all, gonna be a process but we’re right in track to kick shit into gear once my youngest starts school and frees up my wife’s days
What kind of business is it if you don’t mind me asking

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flex? Naw! I wanted to share that aspect of my life to inspire you (a young entrepreneur on the come-up). You are going to make it happen. Stay with it! :+1: :cool: