• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
VIck ain’t even close as a runner though, he’s got Lamar by a hair on straight line speed but he doesn’t have 1/10th of the wiggle and vision that Lamar has
I remember Vick have plenty of wiggle, but agree Lamar has more.

Tank

Hall of Famer
That should be glaringly obvious to everyone. A lot of older heads think it’s blasphemous to say anyone is a better runner than Vick or Cunningham, but it doesn’t take much to see that Lamar is just in his own class as a runner, nobody even comes close. Straight line speed when the play breaks down is one thing, but multiple defenders could have Lamar squared up and half the time it doesn’t matter, tryna bring down Lamar is like trying to pick up mercury from a broken thermometer, mf just keeps slipping through the cracks. Show me ANYONE, qb or not, that could make as many defenders miss as Lamar did in that one run vs the chiefs when we beat them, he ran for like 15 yards and every step was a juke, I think he sent 8 or 9 defenders diving through the air one after another.
Barry Sanders like moves. 2019 was tons the best as a runner.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
LJ is the greatest runner of the football at his position.

It's not even close. His efficiency is through the roof

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw Cunningham play in his prime and agree, he doesn't come close to Lamar. Vick is very close to Lamar as a runner but as a passer he's only better as a deep ball passer and that may only be due to Lamar not having the weapons he needs, because he was much more accurate with Hollywood in the lineup and when Bateman was healthy.
Burrow is Cunningham, playing with Moss and Carter. Lamar’s deep ball to Jackson against the Jags was such a good throw. People don’t realize how much WRs matter sometimes in terms of accuracy and stats, some guys just can’t track a deep ball. Torrey Smith cost Flacco a lot of stats

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Burrow is Cunningham, playing with Moss and Carter. Lamar’s deep ball to Jackson against the Jags was such a good throw. People don’t realize how much WRs matter sometimes in terms of accuracy and stats, some guys just can’t track a deep ball. Torrey Smith cost Flacco a lot of stats

I've seen the argument for many years now. Who makes who look good.

Tank

Hall of Famer
As much as you want to hate Burrow(I think he’s an asshole), he’s one the top young QB’s in the NFL.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The hell is this Justin Fields hype coming from? Come Christmas, Lamar Jackson is going to remind Mr. Nick Bosa who the real best running QB in the league is.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The hell is this Justin Fields hype coming from? Come Christmas, Lamar Jackson is going to remind Mr. Nick Bosa who the real best running QB in the league is.

Recency bias. Just wait till Lamar’s revenge tour commences this season