• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Same metrics but going back to 2020. Similar results

While we all know Lamar has shown inaccuracies mainly with over throws a chart like this is in the eyes of the beholder. Was the QB hurried? Was he on the run in general? Could it have been a route option (ie receiver could go deep or run a post as one example) and been a miscommunication? Weather factors? Ball not properly inflated? Last one joke but still....

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not that shocked. I like Lamar and all, but he overthrows a few deep balls every game.
Previously for sure, but the eye test for 2023 I thought he’d be at the bottom of the list

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
While we all know Lamar has shown inaccuracies mainly with over throws a chart like this is in the eyes of the beholder. Was the QB hurried? Was he on the run in general? Could it have been a route option (ie receiver could go deep or run a post as one example) and been a miscommunication? Weather factors? Ball not properly inflated? Last one joke but still....
I was wondering all of that myself. PFF didn’t provide additional data

Simba

Staff Member
Multiple tweets the last few days that there were a number of teams (Falcons named specifically) that were very interested in Lamar but opted not to pursue him because they knew the Ravens would match virtually anything. Also didn’t want their cap tied up early in FA to get spurned and then miss out on bigger targets.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Multiple tweets the last few days that there were a number of teams (Falcons named specifically) that were very interested in Lamar but opted not to pursue him because they knew the Ravens would match virtually anything. Also didn’t want their cap tied up early in FA to get spurned and then miss out on bigger targets.
yep. Whats 2 first round picks for one of the best QBs in the league. Just look at the Cleveland Browns trading more than 3 1st round picks for a player that had been out of football for 1 1/2 years and had a ton of baggage. Howabout the Niners trading multple high picks to move to Pick 3 to take Tray Lance....an unknown.

Not sure If Washington tried to get in on the mix, but it's probably true we would have matched almost anything.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If you're a PFF guy, Lamar is the highest graded quarterback this season.

I couldn't see all passing grades for every QB, but it should be the highest in the NFL at the moment as well.

Lamar is playing up to his contract.
Ignoring the numbers (which is difficult lol), but strictly from the eye test, this is easily Lamar's best season throwing the football since his MVP season.