• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
He's been amazing or years and we're finally getting to see what he can do in the passing game when he only has 1 coordinator scheming against him, rather than both.

He's got to cut down on those fumbles though.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I did not think the fumble was on him. I am not sure what the fuck Hill was doing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The placement on the Zay deep ball and the Andrews first TD were great

But the touch and timing on that wheel route to Gordon was amazing
The wheel route to Gordon was maybe the single best pass Ive ever seen Lamar throw, think it’s between that and the game closer to Hollywood vs AZ in 2019

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The wheel route to Gordon was maybe the single best pass Ive ever seen Lamar throw, think it’s between that and the game closer to Hollywood vs AZ in 2019
the game closer to Hollywood was great but one of his best passes was during that game in the middle of the field between two defenders.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the game closer to Hollywood was great but one of his best passes was during that game in the middle of the field between two defenders.
To andrews, yeah that was an absolute snipe, but as far as “best” passes I’m looking at those touch passes dropped right in the bucket, that wheel to Gordon was a thing of beauty

Tank

Hall of Famer
Haven’t seen enough replays to say for sure but it looked to me like Lamar had really poor form and tucked the ball up hills chest instead of his gut.
The mesh point was off, maybe because Hill saw the right half of the line barreling towards him. lol Lamar just kinda tossed it at him, no way for Hill to be ready for that. He should have just ate it and called it a day.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
To do all that under pressure on over half his snaps too

With backup OL and missing 2 starters at WR

And the statline doesn’t include a couple of plays that got pulled back too

Same criticism I’ve got all year though - Lamar looks dialled in but the ball’s on the ground too often - was awesome to see him protect the ball on those sacks but the RB exchange mistakes need to get fixed
Lowkey reminds me of 2018 regarding the fumbling. Very annoying as we shouldn't be seeing this from our 6th-year stud franchise QB. I still have confidence this can be corrected.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's got it exactly right, in my view. Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Burrow are above the rest, though Herbert has a case too. Playing for the Chargers is probably his Roman-offense like ball and chain, holding down his talent.

I don't see what people see in Herbert personally. At least from the perspective of being in their level. He is closer to T Law and honestly at this point i prefer Law

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see what people see in Herbert personally. At least from the perspective of being in their level. He is closer to T Law and honestly at this point i prefer Law
I don't see what people don't like about Herbert. Think he checks most of the same boxes that Burrow does.
Think he's had pretty bad coaching most of his NFL career, that franchise has arguably the worst track record with injuries in the league, and they always seem to have a bunch of veteran "talent" on defense that don't produce.

Biggest "mistake" I've seen made is Sean Payton going to Denver. Had he waited until '24 to come back, I think him coaching LAC with Herbert would have been a wrecking ball.