• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't see what people don't like about Herbert. Think he checks most of the same boxes that Burrow does.
Think he's had pretty bad coaching most of his NFL career, that franchise has arguably the worst track record with injuries in the league, and they always seem to have a bunch of veteran "talent" on defense that don't produce.

Biggest "mistake" I've seen made is Sean Payton going to Denver. Had he waited until '24 to come back, I think him coaching LAC with Herbert would have been a wrecking ball.
there has never been a coach that has won with 2 different teams. Right now, Payton doesn't have the team in Denver to produce. Herbert definitely would help, but I feel he's way overrated.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
there has never been a coach that has won with 2 different teams. Right now, Payton doesn't have the team in Denver to produce. Herbert definitely would help, but I feel he's way overrated.
Andy Reid won heaps with two different teams.
It's rare, but it happens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Andy Reid won heaps with two different teams.
It's rare, but it happens.
So did Parcells, but I was referring to superbowl. No head coach has won a super bowl on two different teams

Only one head coach has won a super bowl with more than one qb, vs a franchise qb.

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So did Parcells, but I was referring to superbowl. No head coach has won a super bowl on two different teams

Only one head coach has won a super bowl with more than one qb, vs a franchise qb.
I mean OK, but SB isn't a good barometer for successful coaching. I'm not even suggesting the Chargers are a SB contender outright with Payton. But they're a hell of a lot better on offense, and I think they're easily a playoff team with him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean OK, but SB isn't a good barometer for successful coaching. I'm not even suggesting the Chargers are a SB contender outright with Payton. But they're a hell of a lot better on offense, and I think they're easily a playoff team with him.
Maybe it isn't a good barometer for successful coaching but the fact remains that it has never been done. That's all I was saying.

Agree that Payton would lead the chargers to the playoffs

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Things will change ….

Or they won’t……

Either way. Ravens at Steelers. Let’s go.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

I hope Lamar doesn’t forget there’s a large ignorant contingent of doubters and haters. Read the negative comments in here, makes me so mad. Lamar is winning the Super Bowl this year. Not for anything, he hasn’t played in a playoff game past year 3 because of injuries, and Mahomes is the only afc qb to even win a super bowl. So who are these other QBs who have the game to win a super bowl since we’re basing everything off of what they’ve managed to do so far. Burrow is so lucky Huntley played because he’d be looking at losing to a UDFA at home in the wild card parleyed with the shit season he’s having now. Participation trophy accolades. Lawrence and Herbert? What have they done besides throw 4 INTs in a playoff game and blow a 28 point lead. Only Lamar’s playoff shortcomings are an indictment I guess, for far too large of a cohort of general nfl fans. Not that any of this matters, but wanted to rant.

PS: Fuck Hayden Hurst for dropping that pass and then taunting us when his worthless ass came back too

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

I hope Lamar doesn’t forget there’s a large ignorant contingent of doubters and haters. Read the negative comments in here, makes me so mad. Lamar is winning the Super Bowl this year. Not for anything, he hasn’t played in a playoff game past year 3 because of injuries, and Mahomes is the only afc qb to even win a super bowl. So who are these other QBs who have the game to win a super bowl since we’re basing everything off of what they’ve managed to do so far. Burrow is so lucky Huntley played because he’d be looking at losing to a UDFA at home in the wild card parleyed with the shit season he’s having now. Participation trophy accolades. Lawrence and Herbert? What have they done besides throw 4 INTs in a playoff game and blow a 28 point lead. Only Lamar’s playoff shortcomings are an indictment I guess, for far too large of a cohort of general nfl fans. Not that any of this matters, but wanted to rant.

PS: Fuck Hayden Hurst for dropping that pass and then taunting us when his worthless ass came back too

Lol i gotta know man were you up early posting this anger or finishing up a late night? I consider myself a morning person , but your not getting that from me at 6:30 am

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor

You are well on your way to becoming a powerful Sith.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see what people don't like about Herbert. Think he checks most of the same boxes that Burrow does.
Think he's had pretty bad coaching most of his NFL career, that franchise has arguably the worst track record with injuries in the league, and they always seem to have a bunch of veteran "talent" on defense that don't produce.

Biggest "mistake" I've seen made is Sean Payton going to Denver. Had he waited until '24 to come back, I think him coaching LAC with Herbert would have been a wrecking ball.
Herbert is basically in the second tier right below the elite QBs. Just about any other team would be winning more games with him. There's plenty of times he balls out and gets let down by the rest of his team.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's kind of a useless stat considering the vast majority of coaches don't go to multiple super bowls at all, with the same team or a different one.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m kinda shocked to see Lamar listed so high.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Same metrics but going back to 2020. Similar results