• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
He’s framing what Lamar does as “the offense they give him...” and then a BUT

Suggs has been Joe’s most vocal supporter over the years
I’m not saying Suggs doesn’t like Lamar. But he might not be keen on Lamar permanently taking over for Joe or at least not yet
I think you’re making way more of this than there is. Just my opinion but I don’t think anything was meant by his statement. I think he’s just saying Lamar is doing what he does with the offense given and he likes Joe.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
He’s framing what Lamar does as “the offense they give him...” and then a BUT

Suggs has been Joe’s most vocal supporter over the years
The crazy thing is I bet the locker room could be split as well I honestly do wonder what the receivers think they're getting the short end of the stick on this I'm sure everyone is cool with winning and all but I just wonder who thinks what cause we all really dont know

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
The crazy thing is I bet the locker room could be split as well I honestly do wonder what the receivers think they're getting the short end of the stick on this I'm sure everyone is cool with winning and all but I just wonder who thinks what cause we all really dont know

Yeah , a lot of fans are so ready to move ok they aren’t I think stopping to think of how some of the veteran players feel and receivers too

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm sure many here and the old boards remember... "It's not about stats, but wins right"... where's that mentality now? Like I've been saying, this shit is hilarious.
I’ve always been about wins. I’ll take a road grading offense with 75% TOP and a top defense over what the falcons are doing all day. I don’t give a single shite about passing yardage or qbr.

But now.. Flacco who has been one of the worst statistical QBs of the last decade... is now being claymores for due to stats.

Crab and Snead have been nothing but vocally supportive of Lamar.

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
Let me translate for Suggs. " I aint getting any younger , I don't give a crap about developing shit, my chances to another SB is with my boy Joe."
As to the receivers being Lamar fans, they need stats to keep or get a new job. I remember how big John Brown was with the fan base, now he lost a sure td by a badly overthrown ball. Brown had 0 yds receiving, Crabtree had 36, and Snead had 8. That and 3 fumbles a game by the QB is not winning over the clubhouse.
But what do I know.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Let me translate for Suggs. " I aint getting any younger , I don't give a crap about developing shit, my chances to another SB is with my boy Joe."
As to the receivers being Lamar fans, they need stats to keep or get a new job. I remember how big John Brown was with the fan base, now he lost a sure td by a badly overthrown ball. Brown had 0 yds receiving, Crabtree had 36, and Snead had 8. That and 3 fumbles a game by the QB is not winning over the clubhouse.
But what do I know.

Solid take.

I'm sure that Browns numbers hadn't fallen off a cliff prior. They were really lighting up the league this year. Everyone had Brown, Crabtree and Snead on the pro bowl ballots before Lamar ruined it... Nothing like 23-37 for 206 no tds had the offense chugging along. OH... no? How about 22/39 192 yards 1 td 2 ints. Yea... that's winning over the clubhouse.

Lol y’all reading into the Suggs comments way too much. Hell, on the flip side Marlon wanted the Ravens to draft a QB so what does that say about Joe. These dudes are pros. If they are winning games that’s all that matters.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Lol y’all reading into the Suggs comments way too much. Hell, on the flip side Marlon wanted the Ravens to draft a QB so what does that say about Joe. These dudes are pros. If they are winning games that’s all that matters.

I think people have picked sides, but I don't think Suggs was promoting anyone here. I think he was trying to give Lamar credit without bashing Joe and vice versa. I agree, I think people are reading into it, but I could be wrong.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Atleast lamar did good with his decision making this game.. still cant throw for shit though

They better bring Tiki in to teach him how to put that goddam ball away. No coach will tolerate fumbles. Most will understand a int, but can't lose the ball like that.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Solid take.

I'm sure that Browns numbers hadn't fallen off a cliff prior. They were really lighting up the league this year. Everyone had Brown, Crabtree and Snead on the pro bowl ballots before Lamar ruined it... Nothing like 23-37 for 206 no tds had the offense chugging along. OH... no? How about 22/39 192 yards 1 td 2 ints. Yea... that's winning over the clubhouse.
Weird how you choose the two games Joe played poorly one with a hurt hip and one with 3 starting online men hurt