• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nah, that was like a ryan reynolds serious, like that was clearly dry humor to me lol.

but, there’s a little truth behind every jk and there was clearly truth there. I haven’t spoken up on this, but I think it’s total bullshit that Roman is doing that, and if I was harbaugh I’d have a real problem with it, I’d hope that harbaugh gives him something along the lines of “I’m happy for ya, we’re gonna allow the interview, but I’m pretty disappointed that you’re not more focused on this special run we got going here”

Where’s the suggestion that roman’s not focused?

Both wink and roman will have interviewed this week - not sure why people are intent on putting roman on blast... literally no issue at all with it as long as it doesn’t detract from the job they’re doing and by all accounts it hasn’t

As an organisation- if we want to remain successful and also be an attractive place for coaches then we just have to accept that if we have a first round bye that our guys are gonna get interviewed

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
There's almost an undercurrent of hate led by old white dudes like Polian of undermining Lamar Jackson's candidacy. I cannot imagine how they retain the vote frankly. Polian must not only have the privilege of an AP vote but he must be stripped of his HOF credentials as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Every coach can say he'll interview after the season is over for his team. If the team requesting the interview won't wait, they haven't been all that serious to begin with. In Roman's particular case, accepting CLE's request and interviewing now feels a little desperate, having in mind it's Cleveland and it's the only interview he got so far.

That’s just not how this works - if he makes teams wait just to interview then there’s not going to be a job available

Plus it’s not like he’s even flying out to Cleveland - browns people are coming to Baltimore

This is a whole lot of nothing

rossihunter2

Staff Member

My god - this is the same guy (didn’t realise til just now) that said Randy Moss shouldn’t be in the hall of fame because he didn’t work hard enough (which according to Brady is not just wrong but completely wrong - not that it’s a reasonable reason for him not be in the HOF anyway) and Terrell Owens for being a problem and not contributing as a teammate (hard not to be a great teammate when you contribute that much in terms of production)

Dude has an agenda and has always had an agenda

How many kids didn’t get a chance when he was winning exec of the year because of that same agenda

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
My god - this is the same guy (didn’t realise til just now) that said Randy Moss shouldn’t be in the hall of fame because he didn’t work hard enough (which according to Brady is not just wrong but completely wrong - not that it’s a reasonable reason for him not be in the HOF anyway) and Terrell Owens for being a problem and not contributing as a teammate (hard not to be a great teammate when you contribute that much in terms of production)

How many kids didn’t get a chance when he was winning exec of the year because of that same agenda
*X files theme*

profileIcon_8laaw8xbkwh11.jpg

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Too many I suppose. He's a bitter old man that lives in the 50s' and hasn't grown out of it. Just a miserable old fart.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The 2 Sirius guys - 1 is a friend of Pete Carroll’s I think and the other is a steelers fan

Cannot confirm but I think that’s what’s going on with the other 2
I'm a loyalist my friend. In that light I have canceled my subscription to Sirius! Screw the people that hate Lamar. I will not stand for it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I got the complete opposite impression watching the presser - seemed pretty much like he was joking around to me -
I actually think he was half serious. He wasn't happy about Roman being interviewed mid season. He almost is afraid of anybody on the team losing focus. Such is the greatness of Lamar that he will not allow even coaches to get their eyes off the ball! But, it was hilarious when he said 'he should know that'!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I actually think he was half serious. He wasn't happy about Roman being interviewed mid season. He almost is afraid of anybody on the team losing focus. Such is the greatness of Lamar that he will not allow even coaches to get their eyes off the ball! But, it was hilarious when he said 'he should know that'!

I see what you mean but I think the seriousness is aimed at other teams coming after roman - none of it aimed at roman I don’t think

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see what you mean but I think the seriousness is aimed at other teams coming after roman - none of it aimed at roman I don’t think
Well Lamar seems like a kid you don't mess around with when it comes to winning football games and all it takes from the coaches down to the players, so I won't be shocked if this was the platform he used to let Roman know, you had your interview and now its time to be laser focused on your real job. Help us get to the SB.

purp

Practice Squad
Anybody else worried that the Lamar idol worshipping is making folks on this board a little cuckoo?

I had given Polian some credit because he at least came out and admitted he was wrong when he said that Lamar’s only avenue into the NFL would be as a WR. That’s more than guys like Mangini was capable of. He just kept denying the obvious week after week until he finally just fell silent on the topic of Lamar (of course he’ll pipe up with an “I told you so” if he misses a game in his 4th year even if it is the result of a hit he takes standing in the pocket).

So despite Polian admitting he’s wrong on Lamar he blows his credibility by casting a completely illogical vote. Nice job.

I always felt like Polian got way more credit than he deserved. “The Architect “. Gimme a break. He did good work in Buffalo but he’s most lauded for his time in Indy.

What exactly did he do other than draft Manning instead of Leaf? IMO what he did was fail miserably to put a complete team around his gift of one of the greatest QBs of all time and manage 1 championship - and he only got that by being blessed with facing one of the worst NFC Super Bowl entries in memory ... the Rex Grossman led Bears.

When that gasbag Irsay slighted Manning upon his release by saying he only won one Super Bowl he should have been throwing shade on Bill not Peyton.

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
There's almost an undercurrent of hate led by old white dudes like Polian of undermining Lamar Jackson's candidacy. I cannot imagine how they retain the vote frankly. Polian must not only have the privilege of an AP vote but he must be stripped of his HOF credentials as well.

Polian was definitely the most high profile pre-draft hater that made himself look like a moron with his takes but I have to push back on the “old white guy” narrative when it comes to Lamar. Many of Lamar’s staunchest and most belligerent critics are black dudes and former players. I can’t stand whitlocks show because of their flatly stupid takes on Lamar. It was 3/4 through the season before Whitlock acknowledged he was a good player. SAS has consistently taken a dump on Lamar regardless of how well he plays the QB position. Tony Gonzalez declared Lamar “too skinny” after the Patriots game on the MNF halftime show. Lavar Arrington is still hating. The list goes on.