• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I want to smack the hell out of these losers talking about how “cocky Lamar is” and he deserved that loss. Uhhhhhhhh what lol? The kid won’t talk about himself at all. I’m staying off sports related social media pages for awhile. I’m taking a page out of Charles Barkley’s book.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Titans mocking Ingram and Lamar and the Big Truss thing really was low class.

It's not the type of team I'd want to root for
Uhhhhh is it really? The way I see it? They were probably tired of hearing the hype and the fact that most not giving them a chance to win. If anything, we should relate to this.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Uhhhhh is it really? The way I see it? They were probably tired of hearing the hype and the fact that most not giving them a chance to win. If anything, we should relate to this.
It was low class. You ever see any Ravens do this during the season after playing any team we beat?

It's low class.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Definitely.
It's the price of bandwagon fans and bandwagon media. Fun while it lasts but makes you turn off the Internet after the first bump in the road.
Good thing - wagon is empty again.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Definitely.
It's the price of bandwagon fans and bandwagon media. Fun while it lasts but makes you turn off the Internet after the first bump in the road.
Good thing - wagon is empty again.
Should've never gotten full to begin with. I'm tired of media clowns like Travis and Cowherd who think they can just jump on the bandwagon after their "criticisms" of Lamar with no accountability. Whatever though....I hope they stay off.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just some losers who haven’t been relevant in a while and need some airtime. Last week was their AFCCG and last night was their Super Bowl. They’ll get smacked around by the Texans or Chiefs. I’m just so glad we play them next season.
I think we may play there division next season. Hopefully we put them in their place.

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
Have to get Lamar some receivers in the offseason. This group outside of Brown is weak and we already re-upped Snead. It was masked by our run/pass mix and reliance on the TEs, especially Andrews, but when it came time and the team really needed them they failed. We have to have something more than a mighty mouse for a deep threat. The ball that Brown caught last night before the end of the half might have been the throw and catch of the season just because it was placed in the only window where Hollywood had a shot. We have to have a Boldin, AJ Green, DeVante Parker, Julio Jones, big physical WR who will dominate and high point DBs. We need the oversized catch radius and hands. It is not fair to Lamar to have that environment and have receivers not make catches on 50/50 balls or drop two would be TDs. It simply creates a pressure multiplyer for him and you could see him start to press more and more. He threw his hands up at the sideline after the Roberts drop and I don’t blame him. It was a touch throw that landed in the bread basket behind the defense. It was likely a TD and would have transformed the game.

Last edited:

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad
This link may have been deleted by the NFL as I was obtaining it.
Showed Andrews desperately trying to go up and lay out for a poorly thrown ball. It was windy, and the ball didn't appear to be wobbling but the wind certainly got under it. Poor Andrews, he's all out and has to both go UP and Extend OUT.....it nips the tips of his fingers and hes so totally extended he crashes to the turf in a heap.
Have to get Lamar some receivers in the offseason. This group outside of Brown is weak and we already re-upped Snead. It was masked by our run/pass mix and reliance on the TEs, especially Andrews, but when it came time and the team really needed them they failed. We have to have something more than a mighty mouse for a deep threat. The ball that Brown caught last night before the end of the half might have been the throw and catch of the season just because it was placed in the only window where Hollywood had a shot. We have to have a Baldwin, AJ Green, DeVante Parker, Julio Jones, big physical WR who will dominate and high point DBs. We need the oversized catch radius and hands. It is not fair to Lamar to have that environment and have receivers not make catches on 50/50 balls or drop two would be TDs. It simply creates a pressure multiplyer for him and you could see him start to press more and more. He threw his hands up at the sideline after the Roberts drop and I don’t blame him. It was a touch throw that landed in the bread basket behind the defense. It was likely a TD and would have transformed the game.

Beyond the uncontested drops, another play that really stood out to me on the receivers is the one where Lamar is scrambling in the backfield for what seemed like 10 secs extending the play, looking downfield and he finally had to throw it away at the end. How does no one work their way loose and/or back to him in all that time?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I get what you are saying, but I guess the one good take away is that the fire is there. I liked Flacco, but at times I wished I saw in him more passion, although Joe did have a knack of turning it on in January after average regular seasons.
I think there needs to be a happy medium somewhere there. Joe’s “lack of passion” was maddening at times, but that trait is what allowed him to excel in pressure packed situations. Lamar kinda lost his cool last night and it distracted him and hurt his performance. Yes, be passionate but remain in control of your emotions.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Beyond the uncontested drops, another play that really stood out to me on the receivers is the one where Lamar is scrambling in the backfield for what seemed like 10 secs extending the play, looking downfield and he finally had to throw it away at the end. How does no one work their way loose and/or back to him in all that time?

That's the jackpot question right there my brother! Our receivers really aren't all of that IMO. Sure, they have done a few things well this season but the reality is that; besides Hollywood, they very rarely get that separation from defenders (as we have said about receivers in here for many years). When Lamar is scrambling trying to extend the play those guys should be working to get in his view. They don't!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think there needs to be a happy medium somewhere there. Joe’s “lack of passion” was maddening at times, but that trait is what allowed him to excel in pressure packed situations. Lamar kinda lost his cool last night and it distracted him and hurt his performance. Yes, be passionate but remain in control of your emotions.
It's not that he lost his cool - I thought he was way too tight to begin with. This was the game where he really needed help from the team and did not get it. Time is on his side though, hope Eric kills this offseason and puts some playmakers on the team on both sides of the ball.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Disgraceful performance from the supporting cast. A complete throwback to the Flacco era. We have a QB playing his heart out, and none of these mfers remember how to catch a pass that hits you in the chest, nobody can get separation. What did we have, something like 10 drops?

Sure, Lamar made a few mistakes. He was clearly feeling the pressure of being in the playoffs. Doesn't matter. We still win if everyone does their damn job.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Disgraceful performance from the supporting cast. A complete throwback to the Flacco era. We have a QB playing his heart out, and none of these mfers remember how to catch a pass that hits you in the chest, nobody can get separation. What did we have, something like 10 drops?

Sure, Lamar made a few mistakes. He was clearly feeling the pressure of being in the playoffs. Doesn't matter. We still win if everyone does their damn job.
We still win if somebody does their job. That’s the key, not even everyone but someone. We needed someone to step up besides Lamar and they didn’t, plain and simple.

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
Yeah, for all the people saying Lamar was playing tight or with too much emotion, it was because of the pressure and it impacted the second half more than the first. One catch would have made all the difference. I also thought the coaches did a terrible job of providing a keel for the players. Roman called a terrible game and seemingly freaked out in the third quarter of a one possession contest. I hope the staff learns from this too. We had our chances, aside from the drops and the desperate TOs, that chance to make the game 14-9 in the first half of the 3rd quarter really sticks in my craw. We’d already failed on a 4th and 1 but we’re grinding back into the game at that point. Kicking there would have breathed life into the stadium, put pressure on the Tennessee offense and their dwindling lead, and kept wind in the Raven’s sails. That would have been the championship football call, instead it looked like we were the desperate bully who was shocked by the reversal of fortune.

Last edited:

D1City55

Pro Bowler
We need to bring back the chaotic DL. We used to have monster fronts but I don't know where that went. Feels like 2014 was the last year where we had a front four that wrecked havoc. That unit carried the defense that year. Please Ozzie and EDC, bring that back.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We need to bring back the chaotic DL. We used to have monster fronts but I don't know where that went. Feels like 2014 was the last year where we had a front four that wrecked havoc. That unit carried the defense that year. Please Ozzie and EDC, bring that back.
Oh man. Doom, Sizz, Ngata, McPhee, Jernigan, Upshaw and Canty to some extent. Man that was nice. I'm really thinking we're trying to beef up the secondary more after we tried to trade for Jamal. EDC might prioritize that over the front 7 with how pass happy the league has become. I'd say we're an above average pass rushing DT/DE and premier OLB like Miller or Barrett away from having a formidable front 7, which would get a lot of coverage sacks if we land Jamal. Draft an ILB high (Kenneth Murray?) and hope Ferg takes a huge leap, and we look good on paper obviously.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Oh man. Doom, Sizz, Ngata, McPhee, Jernigan, Upshaw and Canty to some extent. Man that was nice. I'm really thinking we're trying to beef up the secondary more after we tried to trade for Jamal. EDC might prioritize that over the front 7 with how pass happy the league has become. I'd say we're an above average pass rushing DT/DE and premier OLB like Miller or Barrett away from having a formidable front 7, which would get a lot of coverage sacks if we land Jamal. Draft an ILB high (Kenneth Murray?) and hope Ferg takes a huge leap, and we look good on paper obviously.
I think decosta has the right idea, it’s statistically supported that the most winning defenses are built with the secondary as the focus, problem is that we faced a dominant run team and you just don’t often see a team built like the titans in 2020.

and frankly, I don’t blame the defense that much, defense came to play, if you take out 4 snaps the defense was DOMINANT, but they faced short fields constantly and we were not scoring.

I absolutely agree that we need help up front; but they weren’t to blame, if we faced the chiefs we probably look relatively better on defense than we looked vs the titans, were built to stop one style and not the other.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think decosta has the right idea, it’s statistically supported that the most winning defenses are built with the secondary as the focus, problem is that we faced a dominant run team and you just don’t often see a team built like the titans in 2020.

and frankly, I don’t blame the defense that much, defense came to play, if you take out 4 snaps the defense was DOMINANT, but they faced short fields constantly and we were not scoring.

I absolutely agree that we need help up front; but they weren’t to blame, if we faced the chiefs we probably look relatively better on defense than we looked vs the titans, were built to stop one style and not the other.
I'm with you. I wonder if we still try and go after Jamal after Chuck's improvement. I'd move Chuck to SS2 with Jamal at 1 and put Chuck in the Big Dime instead of Levine who's a ghost out there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm with you. I wonder if we still try and go after Jamal after Chuck's improvement. I'd move Chuck to SS2 with Jamal at 1 and put Chuck in the Big Dime instead of Levine who's a ghost out there.
well Levine played a lot less snaps this season than in previous years and I'm pretty sure he won't be resigned.