• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
Just got a notification that Lamar missed practice today with a hip injury. Lamar blames it on his flip in the end zone the other night. Is this a story to watch, or is this just a typical rest day after a hard played out game?

Also, I absolutely hated the flip. I'll go on record as saying that. He lands awkwardly, with the luck (or lack of luck) we're having with injuries this year that could be a much worse injury. I'm thinking a potential broken arm or even a neck injury if he landed funny. I'd much rather him not ever do that again to be honest. And I don't care who does it or who doesn't do it in the league, that's not my prerogative here. Do not put yourself in any more harm's way than you already have to.

This "injury" made it onto the fanduel update for Lamar. I hope it discourages all of my league opponents to use him on Sunday.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Lamar is out because he, allegedly, just got his second COVID shot. Would match up with the timeline from when he got his first shot if he got the Pfizer one.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Homeboy needs to invest in a box of Imodium

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Lamar is out because he, allegedly, just got his second COVID shot. Would match up with the timeline from when he got his first shot if he got the Pfizer one.

have you seen anywhere that says that about the shot or you just guessing based on the timeline?

i think the rumour about the first jab was september 1st or 2nd so 3 weeks for pfizer would be bang on middle of this week

but no idea which vaccine he got although you'd assume that it would be pfizer given that it's the vaccine with non-emergency approval

Simba

Staff Member
If it does happen to be the effects of the vaccine, that shit knocked me on my ass for 24 hours after the 2nd shot. I don't blame him.

But still... he had to poop.

Just got a notification that Lamar missed practice today with a hip injury. Lamar blames it on his flip in the end zone the other night. Is this a story to watch, or is this just a typical rest day after a hard played out game?

Also, I absolutely hated the flip. I'll go on record as saying that. He lands awkwardly, with the luck (or lack of luck) we're having with injuries this year that could be a much worse injury. I'm thinking a potential broken arm or even a neck injury if he landed funny. I'd much rather him not ever do that again to be honest. And I don't care who does it or who doesn't do it in the league, that's not my prerogative here. Do not put yourself in any more harm's way than you already have to.
I had the same reaction in real time - a mixture of "fuck yeah, touchdown" and "Jesus, don't fucking do that!" I love that he's having fun but he's too damn valuable to take any unnecessary risks at all.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Whoever you're getting your notifications from should check their sources...

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
have you seen anywhere that says that about the shot or you just guessing based on the timeline?

i think the rumour about the first jab was september 1st or 2nd so 3 weeks for pfizer would be bang on middle of this week

but no idea which vaccine he got although you'd assume that it would be pfizer given that it's the vaccine with non-emergency approval

I'm just guessing based on the timeline and the fact that he seemed perfectly fine earlier in the week. There's no definitive proof out there and probably won't be because Lamar is being very private about it.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whoever you're getting your notifications from should check their sources...

The notification came up as “Lamar blames absence on hip injury”… I agree though, they misconstrued his comments the other day about being sore as meaning that’s why he was out yesterday