• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member

one of the big problems in this offence until early 2022 was that we only tried to throw the ball downfield lol

Roman's offence was a running offence with vertical passing concepts - one of the big criticisms you could have of him was that we ran too many vertically based route concepts and not much else in the passing game

Tank

Hall of Famer

one of the big problems in this offence until early 2022 was that we only tried to throw the ball downfield lol

Roman's offence was a running offence with vertical passing concepts - one of the big criticisms you could have of him was that we ran too many vertically based route concepts and not much else in the passing game

There’s a reason Ray didn’t last long as an analyst. lol

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
if Ray was head coach there would never be good enough MLB play on the team and he would be drafting one every year, in the first round.
He wouldn't be GM. what are you talking about? he should be lbs coach, and mentor Roquan like Singletary mentored him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So, how is Harbaugh more suited to be a HC? What exactly does he know more about the passing game than Ray? What kind of stupid arguments are these?

"He isn't offensive or defensive wizard but he is a great coach because he motivates players"

Well, let me tell you a story about one guy who did Harbaugh's job as a player, while Harbaugh was coaching....

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Saw a mock where we trade Lamar to Atlanta for their 8 and 44, 2024 1st rounder, 2024 second rounder and Grady Jarrett for Lamar and we select Levis lol. Turn Grady into Terrell and we might be onto something
If he were to leave, I think the Falcons have a good chance of signing him.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Well, even going beyond the bit of creativity the 49ers also have possibly the best WR combo, and the best receiving TE, and the best receiving runningback. When you combine that with a creative HC and a patient, smart QB like Purdy it's nearly unstoppable. The 49ers have more talent on offense than any of the remaining teams, and nearly all of it is home grown.
The genius of Shanahan, imo.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Bring back his Louisville offense. Let him thrive.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He wouldn't be GM. what are you talking about? he should be lbs coach, and mentor Roquan like Singletary mentored him.
I'm just kidding. Of course he wouldn't be a GM, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have input.

I wonder what Peyton Manning would be like as a coach. Many times the top players in the league just don't end up being suitable for coaching.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the Ravens are truthfully totally intent on signing Lamar long term, then they are already fools for not signing him last year.

If they wait for Herbert and especially Burrow to sign, Lamar's will be way higher than it would have been at the beginning of last offseason. That's just simply the way the NFL works.

Lamar might want to wait for their contracts and force them to make him play on the tag. They're prepared for it. They've for a couple of years been making sure they can tag him. But that's such a BS strategy. Destroys this team's window.

Lamar is probably not going to have the longest career in the NFL. Probably not gonna be playing at 40. Maybe not even at 35. The goal is to have LJ8 in his prime and win as many SBs as you can with your transcendent talent.

But no, they're pretending like he's gonna play forever and we need to be "competitive" for the next 10 years with him
Will it though? What's the real risk to the Ravens if Burrow or Herbert sign first? They're going to sign for $51M a year, and now the Ravens have to pay $52M a year instead of $50M a year?

I actually think its a great strategy for the Ravens to wait and see what happens with these guys. For one key reason... what's the guaranteed money going to be?

I've asked this question all offseason, and I've yet to hear a single person answer it that involves Lamar coming out favorable... IF Burrow signs first, and its not a fully guaranteed contract, what leg does Lamar have to stand on to ask for one?

Perhaps this is in the premise of thinking Lamar is asking for fully gtd, and there's obviously a huge contingent of Lamar slurpers who think he shouldn't take a dime less than the Watson deal, including guaranteed money.

But if Burrow doesn't take fully gtd, what's Lamar's argument? Nobody thinks Lamar should get paid more than Burrow. Lamar's mother doesn't think he should get paid more than Burrow. Joe Burrow is an objectively better QB than Lamar.

So at the end of the day, what are the Ravens risking? If Joe signs for $275M and its fully GTD, Lamar gets it too, and he gets what everybody wanted him to get to begin with. And if Burrow can't get fully gtd from a franchise he brought back from death, Lamar sure as shit isn't. Not from the Ravens, the Jets, the Falcons, or anybody else. The desperation just isn't there.

If I'm Lamar's camp, its a huge, huge, huge risk to sign after Burrow if the Watson treatment is what I seek. I have a 0% chance of getting it if Burrow doesn't.